+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 2.2 Hidden Features

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
thoes icons are kick ***!!! has apple given a release date yet? and is this an offcial update like baseband update so a new jailbreak method is needed? o and
    My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

thoes icons are kick ***!!! has apple given a release date yet? and is this an offcial update like baseband update so a new jailbreak method is needed?

o and 21st!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    I thought it was good but long... when I came
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    That's what she said.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

I really want to be able to edit the auto-correction dictionary. If I turn it off it defeates the purpose, but if I leave it on it changes my lolz to LOL
    Last edited by Sparblaze; 10-06-2008 at 04:39 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ASar08 View Post
    Sweet. People keep complaining that I can't spell, and that I constantly write "duck" in my text messages...

This is ducking awesome!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    This crap has to stop. Grow up.

Mods. Please start temp banning ALL individuals that post this "1st" post crap. The only way to kill it is to remove these morons.
    the way I see it this post was just as worthless as a post like "1st".... it's a forums... just get over it lol. It is stupid but are you really that much of a nervous wreck that you can;t overlook some kid that has fun being the first to post?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparblaze View Post
    I really want to be able to edit the auto-correction dictionary. If I turn it off it defeates the purpose, but if I leave it on it changes my lolz to LOL
    BlackBerry (and almost any other phone with auto-correct) FTW lolz!!!!
    Last edited by sziklassy; 10-06-2008 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skatertrash View Post
    google street view? that is going to be so badass. i really wish they would let us edit the auto-correction. i dont think i could live with it turned off, but it would be nice to not have to edit words when the auto-correct to "duck" or "LOL". still waiting for copy & paste!
    I am looking forward to the update as I think it will be nice! As for copy and paste.... I often wonder if Apple feels if they give it to us then they won't have anything else to give us since we all want this so bad....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nrowensby View Post
    Amen!
    Th3s3 gys k33p addin useless stuff instead of addin the "MOST USEFUL AND NEEDED" feature yeah like the copy/paste. Who cares about that stupid autocorrect toggle ; to me its kinda useful specially when u try to type really fast it kind of like knows wut im gonna type n when im done i c the wall of text there most of the times error free . Now when u wanna write informally thats when the frustration begins. On a level from one to 10 i would give it a 7 since it can get annoyin sometimes. About the second feature the smiley.. idk i never really used them. Should be fun if it incorporated like on mail app n sms which i think it will for certain. Do we have to sign a ducking (!!!!) petition for them to add copy/paste support like those other guys did for autocorrection toggle?
    Last edited by spyboy_1; 10-06-2008 at 06:07 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    the way I see it this post was just as worthless as a post like "1st".... it's a forums... just get over it lol. It is stupid but are you really that much of a nervous wreck that you can;t overlook some kid that has fun being the first to post?
    You obviously haven't read many AppStore reviews, have you?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Napoleon_PhoneApart For This Useful Post:

enjoi4586 (10-06-2008), jwcrash (10-08-2008)

Thanks

it would be nice to not have to edit words when the auto-correct to "duck" or "LOL".
    Dude, that's totally respectable. I still get a little frustrated when I have to manually correct "shot" with every other text I send out.

still waiting for copy & paste!
    I'm beginning to believe they'll never incorporate this. Sad, but very true.

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    This crap has to stop. Grow up.

Mods. Please start temp banning ALL individuals that post this "1st" post crap. The only way to kill it is to remove these morons.
    That will never happen. Deep down inside no one really wants to search through the thousands of meaningless posts of newbs wanting to be the first person to post or the guy to have a three character "lol"

I was about to say we have lax moderators, but someone was obviously paying attention and deleted that garbage. Good filtering moderators!

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Not really, confrontation and admittance is the first step to curing a disease. (the newb disease)

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    You obviously haven't read many AppStore reviews, have you?
    I'm going say no, no he hasn't at all...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I kind of like the auto-correct feature. It works very well for me. I think editing the words that it corrects to and also adding your own words would perhaps be a better feature.

As far as the emoticons ... wouldn't those be considered picture messages, and if not then how would someone that did not have the iPhone see these icons that you send.

I am very curious to see how these two features are going to play out.

The google street view is going to be sweet as well. Can't wait to see how that works.

Thanks

this is just my idea...

now that Tmobile released the G1 (android) Apple might wanna stay on top.. thus releasing features/ applications that they usually wouldn't..

like one of the features i saw right away on the android was street view and now the iphone has it.. and same with the emoticons..

i know its got copy and paste to so it could possibly be in the next firmware (2.3?)

just throwing it out there since apple seems to like being above and beyond the competition...

iPhone? More like MyPhone Emir S.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Sadly the auto-correct toggle is with the rest of the settings rather then attached to the keyboard itself so switching it on the fly will not be possible. This, IMO, makes the "feature" fairly cumbersome and useless.

As for EMOcons, ..................ok

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looking forward to google street view!

Thanks

Looks like I'll never send a message with shot or duck in it anymore

Green Apple
    Thanks

I love the updates, but at the back of my mind I do think they are being released too quick(although I've no idea when 2.2 will be out). I also know its a choice of ours whether to update or not, but I'd like the chance to really enjoy a firmware before updating. I haven't mastered a way yet to save everythging when changing firmwares so does become a bit of a task(though enjoyable) updating the new stuff and finding some of the old no longer works. Be great to release an update say twice a year, with each update flawless and jammed with new stuff! Trouble is for me, when an update becomes available the temptation to update is massive! I might hold off a couple of the next updates, unless there's any big changes like bluetooth.
    I liked the 1.4 fw and currently enjoying 2.1. I'm sure I've had a on/off switch already for autocorrection in passtime, and I didn't feel the need to use it then.
    Last edited by gameon; 10-07-2008 at 04:57 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone huey85's Avatar
    Thanks

i find auto-correction very helpful.. helps me type fast with minimal keystroke errors. just gotta make sure to constantly add my most commonly used words.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Turning off auto correction is a must on any FW. It's hard to explain to a hot chick why you just texted her and asked her if she has a pig.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Green Apple
    Thanks

it's about time they put an auto-correction feature, I hate LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ohhh I am already jumping on my seat after reading this. Kool dude for providing this nice information to us.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Turning off auto correction is a must on any FW. It's hard to explain to a hot chick why you just texted her and asked her if she has a pig.
    All right - someone is going to have to explain this one to me... Duck, shot - there easy, pig... now that's a different story

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i hope the 2.2 firmware would be faster because the 2.1 is too slow, slow to use the cam, slow to view photos and messages and to many more things, or do i have a particular problem? This did not happen in my previous versions