+ Reply
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.4 iPhone Unlock, Jailbreak, and Activation!!!! [OS X | Independence]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I'm having a problem with installer. I used Ziphone 2.5 on my Macbook to jailbreak/unlock and install installer. The problem is with installer when I open it I do'nt see
    Thanks

Default Installer Problem
    I'm having a problem with installer. I used Ziphone 2.5 on my Macbook to jailbreak/unlock and install installer.

The problem is with installer when I open it I do'nt see that Installer.app home screen. All I see is a blank. Then when I went to my sources, I saw that I had my previous sources there. I tried refreshing the sources, and downloading BSD Subsystem or anything else and it gives me a "Error: Package download failed!"

Could someone help me in resolving this installer issue? I can't SSH either, bc it's not installer bc I need to install it through installer =/.

**Solved the issue. I reran Ziphone and made sure when I plugged in the iPhone after the jailbrake/unlock and opened iTunes to set it up as a new phone and not restore back ups. Then I also made sure to reset my phone by going to settings, general, and reset all settings.

Then all the programs in installer were timing out for some reason when I tried to install it. I called it a night and when I woke up and tried again, everything worked perfectly. I could now see the home installer screen. I think the installer.app was just down last night when I was trying it. I should've been more patient and went to bed earlier and just tried the next day.
    Last edited by kevin3838; 03-08-2008 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Issue Solved

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can someone please help me?
    Can I do a restore to 1.1.4 from itunes if I am running 1.1.1 Jailbroken and then use ziphone. Will everything work out or do I have to start somewhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey guys, im kinda new at this and my iPhones firmware is still 1.1.1. I want to update my phone to 114 but im kinda chickening out to do so. IM afraid the phone might get bricked or something. Could i update my fone to 1.1.4 or should i update it to 112 then 113 then 114? what programs should i use to jailbreak, unlock and activate my phone? unlocking means i could use the phone with other networks right or any sim right? again im sorry guys, newbie here. im using a MAC OSX. i would really appreciate the help. thanks.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneWriter View Post
    Glad it helped you out!
    Oh, whoops, I was supposed to post that... now I feel dumb. Sorry.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dixgwapito View Post
    hey guys, im kinda new at this and my iPhones firmware is still 1.1.1. I want to update my phone to 114 but im kinda chickening out to do so. IM afraid the phone might get bricked or something. Could i update my fone to 1.1.4 or should i update it to 112 then 113 then 114? what programs should i use to jailbreak, unlock and activate my phone? unlocking means i could use the phone with other networks right or any sim right? again im sorry guys, newbie here. im using a MAC OSX. i would really appreciate the help. thanks.
    No need to worry, I updated my firmware from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4. Just remember to restore to 1.1.4 (not update!) followed by ZiPhone (www.ziphone.org) and you'll be fine. ZiPhone jailbreaks, unlocks and activates all in 4 minutes, 10 seconds. Once its done, pop in your SIM and you can start making phone calls!
     15" Macbook Pro T8300 | 4GB RAM | 200GB
     24" iMac T7700 | 3GB RAM | 320GB
     iPhone 8GB | 2.2 | T-Mobile

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had a bit of an issue with installer App going from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 - the same script error when trying to install nu app. I found re-installing Installer did the trick and got full install goodness back.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

jailbroke 1.1.4 with Ziphone but iNdependence doesn't read that the phone has been jailbroken. What do i do?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

im on firmware 1.1.2 and used iphonesimfree to unlock and jailbreakme to jailbreak. i used iphonesimfree back when it was 1.0.2 and ive never had to unlock it again when upgrading firmware. is this the case for firmware 1.1.4 do i just need to jailbreak or do i have to unlock it again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Independence FTMFW!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

its bout da iphone addictz my nigga fuk da hatas

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ziphone W/ 1.1.4 unlock but iphone cell no service. Reset network still no service.
    Can anyone help?

+ Reply
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415