+ Reply
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Politicians Get OUT OF MY IPHONE

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Thank you Obama. While I tend to lean a little right during presidential elections my vote has been swinging back and forth between you and McCain so far this election.
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Default Politicians Get OUT OF MY IPHONE

Thank you Obama. While I tend to lean a little right during presidential elections my vote has been swinging back and forth between you and McCain so far this election. In fact I do have a minor lack of confidence latey in Palin as the right person to lead this country in the case that McCain's health fails (hes old with some health issues ya know) and it was going to make Election '08 a tough choice for me.

My day goes something like this. Phone calls right when I wake up feeding me some one-sided view. On the way to work I ride the light rail and read the newspaper, usually containing some biased opinion about you or McCain which I attempt to avoid reading. Some more phone calls from one side or the other trying to get my vote. Then I go to lunch. Walking down the outdoor mall to buy food I get harassed by nice young people (usually from the democratic party) telling me whatever BS sounds nice trying to win over my vote. Then I go back to work and usually have a phone call or two from friends where we discuss the election (the only time I actually have an enlightened conversation concerning politics). Ride home on light rail . . . alright I wont go on the trend continues

I hear and see lopsided views concerning Election '08 all day long. Political parties are getting way too invasive into life. I didn't ask for phone calls. I didn't ask to be chased down the street. I didn't ask for a freaking AppStore app.

I see you have published a nice little app. I must admit that it is well done and feature rich. I also will concede that it was most likely a great move by your team. I wish I has thought of it and sold you the idea.

Now I can get my Obama fix easily and conveniently from my phone with your very clean app. I can watch videos on youtube, read some news, subscribe to your txt msg and email updates, figure out where the local dems are holding events, read your policies on the issues, sign up to work for you (for free), and even call my friends in battleground states to force my political views on with the awesome battle ground state contact call list. If that isn't enough I can also choose to give you money!

Get out of my phone Obama. Your app annoys me. Politicians already push their policies and agendas in enough mediums during election time. Campaign propaganda is unavoidable. I shiver at the thought that minor local candidates for future elections may follow in your footsteps and flood the AppStore with biased crap.

This kind of thing doesn't belong on the AppStore from either party or any candidate. Yes I realize I don't have to download it but I don't feel that it needs to be there in the first place. Thank you Apple for rejecting solid apps like Podcaster (don't worry we have you covered) while allowing the AppStore to be flooded with countless numbers of countdown apps, tip calculators, other mindless crap, and now propaganda direct from Politicians.

/rant

while discussion is encouraged here, if you can't help but post things insulting people for their political beliefs then kindly do not post.

Oh yeah and to all the devs, designers, and management that made this app happen: Raven Zachary, Jason Grigsby, Jonathan Wight, Lyza Gardner, Aileen Jeffries, John Keith, Dom Sagolla, Mike Lee, Louie Mantia, Tristan O’Tierney. Very well done. Creative way to support your candidate of choice and I'm impressed. I'm not fond of this avenue being opened as a possibility for Politicians to campaign. Or maybe I'm jealous. Either way well executed app.

edit: I see ads on my site that I have never seen before since I typically avoid politics when I post. I see Election '08 ads. I almost regret writing this post.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

enjoi4586 (10-03-2008), Kyle Matthews (10-04-2008), zues79 (10-03-2008)

Thanks

1st
    LMAO I KNOW
    the thing i don't like is how Obama is winning over the people BY convincing them with nice things
    like this app for instance, and those college buses, posters on saving environment.. etc etc
    he is trying to get our attention on him, with these nice things so we can vote for him.. since he needs every single one of them
    (im very neutral.. but more leaning more on Obama if it came down to the vote)

Lol if this political bull starts getting loose .. we iphone-ers should take our Original Lightsaber app and start swinging it around, causing rebellions uprisings ALL SORTS OF STUFF.. and last president standing WINS
    SIMPLE AS THAT
    (I WISH)
    Last edited by KeviN | NiveK; 10-03-2008 at 03:24 AM.

Thanks
    All I can say is...what's next?

Green Apple
    Thanks

2nd!

Lol that is soooo funny.
    But I agree its a pretty neat idea
    I am for Obama but I dont want this on my iPhone.
    Its tempting but Im also sick of the politics and financial issues these days
    Its just too much...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Cash - then don't install it?!??!? Give me a break...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yea thats a channel dedicated to obama
    i am switching from dish tv to direct tv just because of it

Dish Network Now Has An Obama Channel | NewsBusters.org

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah, great - now i see Sarah Palin all over the site... at least the coverage is 'Fair n' Balanced'.

:-p

iPhone? More like MyPhone mtwiford's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate politicians, they are so fake

......epic

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mtwiford For This Useful Post:

LeeDude (10-03-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

All I want to know is the following.

When's it end? seems like it's been going on forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks Cash for permission to post replies. The last 8 years of Bush are enough, let alone the first four. I am an independent and small biz owner and have felt the burden of my taxes and loss of projects due to this administration's policies. I have voted republican in years past and think I am objective and fair in selecting candidates to lead. That being said, Palin is NOT qualified to run this country, let alone a fortune 500 company. And Mccain sees her as the BEST candidate for the VP?!? Better than Tom Coburn or even Charlie Crist? Since they need the women vote, why not pick Marsha Blackburn? It's obvious Palin is clueless on foreign policy (I can see Russia from here!!) and it shows. (So, I can see the moon from here, does that give me astronaut experience?) It was also apparent in last night's debate that she crammed info and talking points into her head. She was robotic in sticking only to the crammed information. The Katie Couric and Charles Gibson interviews gave real insight to real Palin. Mccain has his issues too.. He has even admitted on numerous occasions that he knows 'very little about economics' and he is too erratic on his voting record (95% voting with Bush) to see anything different from the last 8 years of hell this country has gone through. Based on his past and similar Bush ideologies, NOTHING would change. So passionate devs made that Obama app, reflecting their desire to express support for their candidate. Good for them. I too am supporting Obama who has a fresher, more inclusive world view and gives a whooole lot better chance to change the way the USA is run, is viewed by the world and dealing with this frickin war and economy. Now the Dem's have a great chance for the Presidency AND to have a filibuster proof majority come November. I hope they make the most of it. Cuz we need it - bad.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm sorry but I must say I completely disagree with your thoughts on this app. An app is there simply to make someones life easier by making or doing something that they would like to be done, quicker. Obama is actually quite advanced when it comes to technology chiefly because he has an entire team dedicated to alternative online media. The fact that you would not only rip on Apple but also Obama for creating an app that you simply don't like, for essentially no good reason citing that you have to install it before it resides on your phone, is ridiculous. If you don't like it don't download it. If you don't like the candidate then don't read about him. Take some responsibility and deal with the situation yourself instead of writing a meaningless contradictory article that achieves nothing but further segregating the political community.

fail.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pHr3ak3r For This Useful Post:

BarcaMagic (10-05-2008), enjoi4586 (10-03-2008), GravityEyes (10-03-2008), jbeau (10-04-2008)

Thanks

Very interesting thread.

I think political propaganda is the most annoying thing in an election year. In my country for example the streets, the tv, the radio, the walls, the trees, everything gets flooded with any kind of political advertising. Luckily for you, you only have 2 candidates. Last year in Guatemala there were 16 candidates, could you imagine that?

Anyway, here they do not have yet the technological edge to even remotely consider creating something so innovative as an appstore application for political reasons, although I did watched some ads in hi5 or facebook.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have to disagree with you for saying it doesn't belong in app store. I've never listened to a podcast so I could say an app for that doesn't belong in app store, but end of the day like you said you're not forced to download it so it shouldn't be an issue.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

you speak as though you are forced to get the app... or take phone calls for that matter. Hell, you aren't even required to pay attention to the election let alone vote. It sucks that politicians fill our heads with important matters rather than let us conveniently switch to the sports page while riding the lightrail without the guilt of passing over their news huh?

Quote Originally Posted by pHr3ak3r View Post
    I'm sorry but I must say I completely disagree with your thoughts on this app. An app is there simply to make someones life easier by making or doing something that they would like to be done, quicker. Obama is actually quite advanced when it comes to technology chiefly because he has an entire team dedicated to alternative online media. The fact that you would not only rip on Apple but also Obama for creating an app that you simply don't like, for essentially no good reason citing that you have to install it before it resides on your phone, is ridiculous. If you don't like it don't download it. If you don't like the candidate then don't read about him. Take some responsibility and deal with the situation yourself instead of writing a meaningless contradictory article that achieves nothing but further segregating the political community.

fail.
    well said
    Last edited by sziklassy; 10-03-2008 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GravityEyes View Post
    Cash - then don't install it?!??!? Give me a break...
    Exactly. Give me a break. It's a creative idea that gives people a "choice" to add it or not. People have a problem with "choice", I guess.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I think this thread is looking for trouble and has gone off topic. Everything said here is mere opinion and should be moved to the appropriate section.

and just to add to the off topic discussion..

This app just shows where his priorities are. I am voting for McCain and for experience.. NOT for non specific 'change'. personally he would be a better circus clown than a president, he sure does give a great show. I will agree with his chosen Vice President when he said obama is not ready to be president.

[ame=http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=WMYty1PgHEg]YouTube - Joe Biden swears Obama is not ready to be president[/ame]
    Oldschool 12" iBook G4
    Mac OS X 10.5.6
    iTunes 8.0.2
    QuickPwn 2.2.5
    2.2.1 Jailbroken 8Gig iPhone 2G - for the wifie..
    3.0 Jailbroken 16Gig iPhone 2G - my WHORE..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    Exactly. Give me a break. It's a creative idea that gives people a "choice" to add it or not. People have a problem with "choice", I guess.
    Like those creative EMAIL SPAM apps, that flood our email boxes with useless mindless crap. At some point in your life you have to take a stand on what is relevant and what is a waste of time for your Grey matter to process. Political apps have no business in this space... You want to listen to Obama stuff get a podcast, or TV, Radio, News Paper, Bill Boards, everywhere...
    Last edited by Projectile; 10-03-2008 at 08:31 AM.

Thanks

Cash, I agree and disagree with you. I agree because the biased media is helping a man that can't make a decision have the upper hand in a popularity contest. I disagree because even though I don't like this app, it is up to the consumer if they want to get the app.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/20/us...s/20obama.html

Thanks

Oxymoron: a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear

The title of this thread is an oxymoron. Nobody got politicians in your iPhone but yourself. By starting the thread you also gave this app visibility. If you don't like the app, starting the thread is in itself another oxymoron, regardless its title.

My opinion on this app: Obama lives our times, his opponent lives in the past
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pHr3ak3r View Post

fail.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast