+ Reply
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Politicians Get OUT OF MY IPHONE

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I want Obama to win, coz we went to the same elementary school
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I want Obama to win, coz we went to the same elementary school

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,210 Posts

This thread is awesome.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

PF, I think you guys have been holding off on other news just to watch the immaturity of this thread for your personal entertainment!

Just kidding.

OTOH, it speaks volumes about the people that ask for help on new releases without reading the first post that explains the situation.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dantana & Boe_Dye:

There are truly winners and losers in life: Those who chose to believe in religion and those who do not! Who are the winners? What have they won?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default really????
    i can't understand your thinking, cash. who cares, really? if you're a mccain supporter, don't download it. if you're an obama supporter who doesn't want an obama app, don't download it. if you don't like seeing the icon, don't look at it in itunes. really, you spent more time weighing in on how much it inconveniences you than it could possibly have cost you by it's mere existence!

sure there are stupid apps out there. but this is very, very clearly NOT one of them. it's not like this app is taking podcaster's place by existing.

your whiney rant about how people's political opinions are not worth hearing in the public sector is a little hypocritical at best.

now, let's get back to modding iphones.

Thanks

Last one:

@Dantana

Thank you, that is probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me!

@jajajafromHF

ROTFLMAO!

@poetic_folly

Wow I forgot you were here! Still modding the moto's? I am glad that you are as amused as I am!

@02589

I think you may be right on that one.

@cfrazie88

I don't argue to win or lose. I argue for truth and enlightenment. I do what is right and good not for fear of punishment, but because it is right and good. I do not do evil and wrong because it is evil and wrong. I don't need a book to tell me the difference. The only thing that the book does is confirms what is already there in my heart.

The Way was never meant to make people money, or create Mega Churches. It was never meant to lead Crusades or be a Political Oligarchy. Being a Pastor or a Minister was never meant to be a full time paid job. This is a perversion of what the Way was supposed to be. The Way benefits the person who follows it. It should not be to fill coffers or make collection plates heavier. And if in fact you have friends who are Racist and hypocritical then they are in the wrong. It is as simple as that.

Never the less, thank you for the fine conversation. I have certainly come out of it with a lesson, and hopefully you did to.

@madmikus

While cash is the owner of the site, he can put up whatever he feels like. I am certain that he knew before hand the ruckus that would have started. So while I am sure that his initial intention was to point out the absurdity of this particular app in lieu of podcaster, it's now probably feeding his nightly entertainment. And that is fine too. It's his Site, on his server and he's paying for it. Let him spend his dime.

However, i disagree. It's a stupid app... It's like all those "widgets" or "gadgets" that people make counting down the days left to W.'s reign in office. I mean if it really makes you feel better i suppose, but really doesn't a person have anything else better to do with their time then run around saying "W's got 90 days in office left". It's like being a child again and not being able to go to sleep on Christmas Eve because you are waiting for Santa Clause. That or watching water boil. Or an even more modern day example: Waiting for a 20gig torrent to download on DSL...

Now that's painful...

Different strokes for different folks i guess

But i do agree that we should should get back to focusing on our iPhones which I have come to realize is the single greatest gadget ever.

(of course it wouldn't be without great sites like this one! I WAS JUST PLAYING QUAKE! NOW HOW COOL IS THAT?!?! Someone needs to put up Wolfenstein or DOOM, or even better how about we drag out Descent or Rise of the Triad from the dregs?! That would be awesome!)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kainisable View Post
    All men are created equal, women are not our equal!

you are on your own there buddy.
    prepare to be flamed by every female on this site!
    or worse, better not open any emails from people u don't know, may be a chernobyl virus!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    this app is the perfect complement to the obama channel!! now everyone can be on the obama app while watching 24/7 of obama on tv talking about his plans of change without explaining how to implement them! how great!?

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khaoticsquirrel View Post
    this app is the perfect complement to the obama channel!! now everyone can be on the obama app while watching 24/7 of obama on tv talking about his plans of change without explaining how to implement them! how great!?
    He's put more on the table when it comes to the "how we're implementing this" than McCain has.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NArush View Post
    The last 8 years of Bush are enough, let alone the first four.
    Quote Originally Posted by NArush View Post
    That being said, Palin is NOT qualified to run this country, let alone a fortune 500 company.
    You're using "let alone" wrong...you state the smaller point first, "let alone" the bigger point.

In other words, "The first four year of Bush were enough, let alone all eight." and "Palin is NOT qualified to run a Fortune 500 company, let alone this country."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    You're using "let alone" wrong...you state the smaller point first, "let alone" the bigger point.

In other words, "The first four year of Bush were enough, let alone all eight." and "Palin is NOT qualified to run a Fortune 500 company, let alone this country."
    While i do agree the totalitarianism of the Bush Administration is thankfully over, I fear that he laid the seed for that totalitarianism to grow.

Never the less I will be glad not to see his face all over the news. I will also be glad to see some new whipping boy in his place.

I do however, not believe that this new President will be enough to make the general mood of this country nor its economy better.

Although you are wrong in one point. Palin is more then qualified to run this country. Those qualifications are outlined in the Constitution and she has met all of them.

Whether or not she is capable remains to be seen.
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

As I have read this thread it is quite interesting.....

My choice.... I don't want either one of them...... I think they are both a joke if you ask me......and I don't think they will change how it is right now.... they can both act like god but we all know things are not going to change or get fixed for a long long time.... our country is in such a mess right now that its a joke.....

Now if you want to know who I really wanted.... I wanted Hilary.... get a woman in there for once! LOL

By the way... I did not install this app on my iPhone nor would I wasted the space for it.... geesh I sound nasty but no matter how we all feel it will not be the way we want it to be, just like the iPhone... don't matter how much we want it to change in the way we want it... it is not happening.... LOL

As for the dev's that made the app.. looks like the did a great job and I am glad that there are people that like it... to each their own.. but its just not for me...
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-12-2008 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Added More

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theetoothfairy View Post

Now if you want to know who I really wanted.... I wanted Hilary.... get a woman in there for once! LOL
    Personally, i like Huckabee if only for the sole fact that his commercials were brilliant.

"My plan to stop illegal immigration, two words: Chuck Norris"

I mean how great was that? And he wanted to dissolve the private bank that is the Federal Reserve. Not that it would ever happen, but just for the shear fact that he wanted to bring back the money producing ability to the government made me smile.

Imagine, no income tax...
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

1win.1 loss.1 draw

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by listenclose View Post
    OMG, Dude I just threw up!!!!!!
    Now I have to eat again, damn.....

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks