Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 136

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Politicians Get OUT OF MY IPHONE

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by computergeek99 View Post
    **** you pussy. Just jealous you didnt think of it. Why the **** not? Why can't there be an app? Maybe people want to help the campaign. Not everyone sits by their computer/iPhone all day talking about nothing but the iPhone.
    Do the asterisks stand for beer? Man I want a corona right now...

  2. #42
    Thumbs down * doink *
    Quote Originally Posted by skatertrash View Post
    if that's true, that's f****** pathetic. how can you ignore every major issue, and decide the leader of our country based on race? All men are created equal (women too), and there is no place in this country or anywhere on earth for discrimination by skin color. You have obviously not thought for one second about putting yourself in the shoes of someone who is not white. Disgusting.
    Jesus Christ...SLOW DOWN. You're embarrassing yourself with a ridiculously-over-the-top reaction in AN IPHONE FORUM!!!

    Mantra for the day: Decaf, Decaf, Decaf, Decaf.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.

  3. #43
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    813
    Thanks
    417
    Thanked 108 Times in 80 Posts

    no matter who wins we lose. They are a both puppets on the same persons hands. Rockafeller, morgan, and all the other rich people of the world control our government. THEY ARE THE TERRORISTS. They keep us under control with our own complacency.

    So cash, u have no control over the ads on here? I see alot of sites advertising on here about one click iphone unlocks for $30, ringtones for $.99, and now politics! Whats up?

    Also, the iphone version of mmi, search function still doesnt work.

  4. #44
    I usually dont post a whole lot on these forums, but i am here almost everyday finding out new ways to make my phone act as a mini computer, and its great...but this post is just ridiculous.

    aside from the obvious "you didnt have to download it" bs, youre complaining about the fact that the election is everywhere...so why post a huge thread on the front page of you IPHONE site talking about what a lot of people are sick of seeing everywhere else? I also understand and agree with the fact that there are a lot of bs apps on the appstore, but as we all know, the iphone isnt our baby and along with that, neither is the appstore and neither is the choice to let certain apps through while sending a big fat rejection letter for others.

    when it comes down to it there are a lot of things that make the iphone an EXTREMELY useful technology, so try to look at it this way...

    i am an audio engineering student, therefore proRemote is a pretty badass app to have on my iphone seeing how most of my time is spent in protools. now, what if most of my time was spent working with/on the election, this app would help out a lot dont you think?

    no disrespect to cash or anyone else for that matter, im not trying to bash anyone...i just felt compelled to say something.

    Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    no matter who wins we lose. They are a both puppets on the same persons hands. Rockafeller, morgan, and all the other rich people of the world control our government. THEY ARE THE TERRORISTS. They keep us under control with our own complacency.
    agreed. Google Zeitgeist the movie
    Last edited by dstein; 10-03-2008 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to dstein For This Useful Post:

    tattoojack (10-10-2008)

  6. #45
    iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Hollywood California
    Posts
    168
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 28 Times in 19 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by skatertrash View Post
    if that's true, that's f****** pathetic. how can you ignore every major issue, and decide the leader of our country based on race? All men are created equal (women too), and there is no place in this country or anywhere on earth for discrimination by skin color. You have obviously not thought for one second about putting yourself in the shoes of someone who is not white. Disgusting.
    All men are created equal, women are not our equal!


    Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

  7. #46
    The app store is a platform for getting lots of ideas across.

    None of them force you to purchase or download any of the apps.

    Looking at the Obama app for the iphone I view it just like I view the audi test drive app that was free. It's just another medium of advertising/getting the message out.

    They don't point a gun at your head to download it.

  8. #47
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    What you Obama supporters need to understand is that small businesses make up over 72% of all American jobs. And 97% of those small business fall above Obamas 250k a year mark. Obama will raise taxes on these small businesses. Do you think these businesses will just eat the higher cost of doing business? No, they will pass it on to their consumers or they will cut jobs to make up for it. So what good is it if you will get lower taxes but have to pay more for products or services? What good is it if you lose your job because a small business can't afford new taxes? I own a small business that employees 25 people. If my taxes go up I can only afford to raise my sales price so much before I lose sales. What will happen is I will have to make a decision on where I can cut cost. I don't want to lose anyone but I may be forced to. If I cut 2-3 (10-12%) jobs to make up for it and all small business cut jobs along the same percentage of their work force, unemployment will sky rocket.

  9. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    What you Obama supporters need to understand is that small businesses make up over 72% of all American jobs. And 97% of those small business fall above Obamas 250k a year mark. Obama will raise taxes on these small businesses. Do you think these businesses will just eat the higher cost of doing business? No, they will pass it on to their consumers or they will cut jobs to make up for it. So what good is it if you will get lower taxes but have to pay more for products or services? What good is it if you lose your job because a small business can't afford new taxes? I own a small business that employees 25 people. If my taxes go up I can only afford to raise my sales price so much before I lose sales. What will happen is I will have to make a decision on where I can cut cost. I don't want to lose anyone but I may be forced to. If I cut 2-3 (10-12%) jobs to make up for it and all small business cut jobs along the same percentage of their work force, unemployment will sky rocket.
    You have absolutely NO idea of how small business profits and taxes work. Here's a hint, if a business is making 250,000 or above only, they can deduct all business expenses from their taxes so their actual income is much less, putting them in the lower bracked which they'll end up paying LESS. If they're making 250,000 PROFIT accounting for all expenses related to the business, then that is quite a hell of a business they got going and, guess what, their taxes won't change either! Once you start getting closer to 600,000 then you start seeing an increase in taxes.

    Seriously, do your damn research before you start throwing out numbers that are flat out WRONG.

    One more thing. That increase in taxes you're talking about if you make over 250k? You are 100% right. From 250k-600k Obama will INCREASE YOUR TAXES!

    ...by about $12 total.

    http://money.cnn.com/2008/06/11/news..._tpc/index.htm
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 10-03-2008 at 02:15 PM.

    I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

  10. #49
    How about deleting this entire thread and the front page post that made it possible.

    It's embarrassing to see this iPhone venue turn into a front page endorsement and thinly veiled bash of a candidate.

    Take this **** to the off topic forms where it belongs.

    And while you are at it either decide if this website endorses a candidate so we can all decide if it's focused on politics or supporting iPhone users.

  11. #50
    iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 30 Times in 25 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Woah! America's going to get a black president, tbh I can't see Obama being president, I'm not racist, don't get me wrong.

    When people are about to vote, his skin colour will cause quite a lot of people to vote Mcain at the end minute.
    Show me proof that one race is superior to another. Did any of us choose our race? Hell naw. Stupid, narrow minded arseholes claim 'supremecy' because of an inferior complex they have within themselves. If it aint a color issue, its a class issue. If it aint class it's your job or what you own, etc, etc. It's all smoke in mirrors. Get to the real issue. Until folks learn to reach out and accept others for who they are, how they look, what jobs they have they will never be any freakin' peace. I personally have no issues with other race or class. Just don't like folks who talk trash about my iphone.

  12. #51
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    You have absolutely NO idea of how small business profits and taxes work. Here's a hint, if a business is making 250,000 or above only, they can deduct all business expenses from their taxes so their actual income is much less, putting them in the lower bracked which they'll end up paying LESS. If they're making 250,000 PROFIT accounting for all expenses related to the business, then that is quite a hell of a business they got going and, guess what, their taxes won't change either! Once you start getting closer to 600,000 then you start seeing an increase in taxes.

    Seriously, do your damn research before you start throwing out numbers that are flat out WRONG.

    One more thing. That increase in taxes you're talking about if you make over 250k? You are 100% right. From 250k-600k Obama will INCREASE YOUR TAXES!

    ...by about $12 total.

    How McCain and Obama will change your tax bill - Jun. 11, 2008
    Obama wants to increase payroll taxes 7%. He also wants to remove the tax incentive for people to improve technology within their business. This incentive has been to be able to write-off more of the cost, rather than depreciate it over so many years when it has already become obsolete.

    Furthermore significant number of Americans own stock, especially current retirees and baby boomers who are about to retire. Also, many retirees and those contemplating retirement who own homes will downsize: (1) because they can no longer afford the upkeep on a large home and their ability to keep paying high real estate taxes is severely impacted with a reduced retirement income; so if they get hit with a capital gains tax upon downsizing their homes, this further impacts their future retirement income; (2) those who own stocks are counting on the capital gains to sustain a certain standard of living; and now that dream is shattered because of the significant increase in the capital gains tax.

    Obama's economics will hurt a large portion of small businesses. Small businesses are the backbone of this country. We employ people who live in the US and do not outsource to other countries. However, who is going to hire you if small business is crushed? Is this really what our country needs?

    Obama wants to add a trillion+ dollars worth of spending, how do you think he will pay for this? All you Obama supporters keep looking at your “proposed” income tax break.

  13. #52
    Default Hey??
    Where's McCain's????

  14. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by pHr3ak3r View Post
    I'm sorry but I must say I completely disagree with your thoughts on this app. An app is there simply to make someones life easier by making or doing something that they would like to be done, quicker. Obama is actually quite advanced when it comes to technology chiefly because he has an entire team dedicated to alternative online media. The fact that you would not only rip on Apple but also Obama for creating an app that you simply don't like, for essentially no good reason citing that you have to install it before it resides on your phone, is ridiculous. If you don't like it don't download it. If you don't like the candidate then don't read about him. Take some responsibility and deal with the situation yourself instead of writing a meaningless contradictory article that achieves nothing but further segregating the political community.

    fail.
    Actually, I think you fail. Make that an epic fail. You sir are clearly over sensitive. In case you missed it, Cash actually complimented all the creators of the App as well as Obama (well technically "his people") for coming up with such a good and original campaign technique. All he said was that he did not like it and that he did not want it on his iPhone. Ever heard of the right to an opinion? He did not trash the app. He actually said that it was very well done and clean, which in my opinion is some pretty high praise when it comes to the technology age.

    So take a chill pill and realize that even though someone might not like something does not mean they think it was a bad idea or one that was poorly executed. Next time you read something, read it correctly before you slap your fingers against your keyboard.


    Also, for anyone who thinks that Obama is going to be worse for the economy or the working class than any Republican I suggest you do some serious re-thinking. When was the last time a Republican focused on helping the average Joe. Now, I could be wrong I suppose because I do not know that much about politics, but I feel I know enough to make that statement.
    Last edited by andypropaganda; 10-03-2008 at 03:33 PM.
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

  15. #54
    Oy. Thread closed.

    Thread CLOSED.

    AHHHH>

    THREAD CLOSED.

    Dammit, I wish I was a mod. *humph*

    Off to read something iPhone related.
    OneRing2Rule
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

  16. #55
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I believe we're screwed no matter who we choose, so I refuse to even waste my time voting, I think what really got him mad is that we're seeing a bunch of the same useless apps over and over again in the app store, and this is just going to be the start of an overflow of annoying political apps that will get accepted into the app store, while many good and unique apps will get rejected, if a politician promises some good apps for the app store, only then will I get up to vote on election day

  17. #56
    So about my iPhone...(did this open up a bag or what)

  18. #57
    obama ===== anit-christ dont you ppl get it......bible predicts....mid 40's,socialistic marker..(good at speaking to the ppl), he is from muslim decsent.......
    <put something witty here?>


  19. #58
    "while discussion is encouraged here, if you can't help but post things insulting people for their political beliefs then kindly do not post."

    WOW hypocrite!!! thats all you just did! I DONT GIVE A **** about how u feel about the politics behind an app. no offense but you just displayed the most hypocritical argument i have EVER SEEN! you bashed something that some people LOVE and some people hate (thats what politics are... ONE SIDED) and to follow your format...
    "i get on the rail and read the paper and get bias phone calls"
    well... i get on mod my i... and don't want to get politically bias app reviews.

    you lost a page in my book big

  20. #59
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 124 Times in 73 Posts

    well well techy Obama Striks Again!
    Nice one...

    Well the app can't Download itself into your phone & start doing all the things it promises ! i would say someone who likes politics & likes the Obama run may enjoy it...

    Now if i dont like bloging i cant say grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Twittter get out of my $400 phone..

    I cant say much about politics . . jcvdfi v'adsv;
    c' ds'v;b dsbvcs'dlv dfsibvuoevoeifvoug we dgsdchjvsa X
    Last edited by jayc7176; 10-03-2008 at 04:40 PM.

  21. #60
    iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    263
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 30 Times in 25 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kryptedak View Post
    obama ===== anit-christ dont you ppl get it......bible predicts....mid 40's,socialistic marker..(good at speaking to the ppl), he is from muslim decsent.......
    That's the stupidest s*** I've heard. Why is that it crap is spewed from non-black people? I wonder..... That makes G Bush even worse for the crap he's done to this country. That's some trailer park-arse thinking.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •