Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Tip] Run Applications in Background(er)

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    Works great for me.

The only issue ("0" notification badge issue) I've had has been reported on gaizin's page.

Works great though! I was able to run Tuner, BeejiveIM, and Safari all at the same time with no issues.

On 1.1.4, running OrbLive (for radio), AgileMessenger, and Safari all at the same time was a nightmare.

Great work gaizin!
    damn, thanks man. i was wondering about that 0 notification badge on my facebook app. hope he fixes it soon; really annoying. backgrounder is awesome though :]

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Steve View Post
    The only thing I don't like is that this app makes my songs skip like a dirty cd sometimes.
    other than that, this app is whats been missing.
    ive had the same problem before, but before i installed backgrounder at all. it seemed like if flycast crashed on me, it would make my songs skip like crazy.
    Last edited by skatertrash; 10-03-2008 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default doesn't work with intelliscreen
    it wouldn't work for me, then I disabled Intelliscreen and it worked fine. I hope that they fix that bug soon, because both are very useful.

It works with intelliscreen 2.24 if you disable the performance app launch boost in settings. You still can use intelliscreen, just no boost. Maybe it will be fixed either in intelliscreen or backgrounder app.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

Thanks i will try that out. Is it (inteliscreen 2.25b3) on cydia?

Nope, it is intelliscreen 2.24-1 on cydia.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

damnit. i uninstalled it because i was having problems getting texts to go through, and now i have no service and cannot get any.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Awesome app! Working great with Simplify!

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

Background[er] in action

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UlpaD2hJHo]YouTube - Backgrounder[/ame]
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

9. The Following User Says Thank You to acaijr73 For This Useful Post:

Sparblaze (10-04-2008)

Anyone know a good way to keep connected to my IM app while on 3G or Edge? I've been using insomnia but it's not really working sooner or later I'll get disc. It works fairly well on WiFi.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by antcuc View Post
    Anyone know a good way to keep connected to my IM app while on 3G or Edge? I've been using insomnia but it's not really working sooner or later I'll get disc. It works fairly well on WiFi.

Ur really not askn that question in this thread..... Have you looked at the title or read any of the posts in here........

Go into "Cydia" .... D/l BACKGROUND(er)..... Once downloaded open the app that you want to run in the background press & hold the HOME button until you see a pop up display on your screen and yes IM stay on (Running) and you will receive your messages........ I have been using it with BEEJIVE.... You will be disconnected when you receive a call..... simply re open the app and you should be good to go..... It works on edge ive been using it all day.........

Quote Originally Posted by skatertrash View Post
    damn, thanks man. i was wondering about that 0 notification badge on my facebook app. hope he fixes it soon; really annoying. backgrounder is awesome though :]

ive had the same problem before, but before i installed backgrounder at all. it seemed like if flycast crashed on me, it would make my songs skip like crazy.
    i think the no badge has nothin to do with backgrounder; instead it depends on the app ur usin.. If its not designed to display badge notifications when updates are received then there is nothin Backgrndr can do

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

The iPhone barely has enough RAM to run a single app as it is with all the constant background processes.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Works Great for me, but i dont get any badges for any programs...

it's work well but when you power off the phone the app stops running in background tell you power it back on. Is their a. Way to tweet it so a app as in beejive will run even power off the screen like how SMS works ?

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotek View Post
    I installed this and noticed an adverse effect on quicktime clips via Safari. The first one opens fine, then if you click Done and try to open another you get no video.
    I've had that issue since upgrading to 2.1 before using backgrounder..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wowww this is the GREATESSSSSSST APP EVER gives real multitasking ability to iPhone.
    Works great on Facebook APP...

ThANKS TO DEVELOPERS...

iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Thanks

that would be amazing if you could enable it so when the app running in the background made noise, it would bring the application back up. for Fring!
    Sent from my iPad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This app brick my phone! Tried restarting and more, restoring it soon. Hope i can get all my contacts.

FW:2.0

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prettyboyal View Post
    it's work well but when you power off the phone the app stops running in background tell you power it back on. Is their a. Way to tweet it so a app as in beejive will run even power off the screen like how SMS works ?

Theres no way to do that.. As of yet anyway if eva..... You gotta rememba the BACKGROUND does as per app not just for a specific app. Meaning if you wanted an IM to do the same effect as sms theyd have to write it into either the Iphone Firmware to launch and keep it running or the IM developer would have to implement an autolaunch and run in the background into the program itself...

this has to lag the living hell out of the phone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast