+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Drops SDK NDA

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
thanks for keeping this site, it is appreciated!
    Thanks

thanks for keeping this site, it is appreciated!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lame, this is the first time I've actually gotten a piece of news on slashdot before I got it here.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure this has a lot more to do with unreleased features in the iPhone OS than developer's own apps. ie, developers testing betas of 2.2 or some future update still can't talk about what features are coming and whatnot, but once it is release they are allowed to discuss all the info about the features they want.

dillonsmith: Did you even read a word of it? NDA is defined in the first sentence of the excerpt.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saybin View Post
    So we can finally expect Flash for iPhone? I'm sure there are many more advantages but Flash is something ive been waiting on. Now if they can come up with an MMS solution -.-. Getting swirly to work with AT&T is a pain. I've given up on that.
    This has 100% to do with AT&T's filters, nothing more.

Oh, and who actually listens to an NDA... how hard is it really to break it and not get found out?! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dillonsmith9147 View Post
    whoa whoa whoa...whoa, louis this is not my batman cup,
    lol serouoisly im lost. what the hell is nda and what all does this mean, im not big into develpoing since i know nothing of writing a program
    NDA = Non-disclosure agreement. On short, devs can;t speak about their apps and apples devkit, beta software, etc. until apple spells out "you may now talk about your apps, software, etc"
    Last edited by sziklassy; 10-02-2008 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

just give me flash and a video recorder on the app store. f that jailbreaking and cycorder(although it is great) much easier to just stay on apple os.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aaauustiinnn's Avatar
    Thanks

and mms

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I realize MMS problems are because of AT&T's filters. Thanks.

What I was getting from this, even though I don't know much, is that Adobe won't have the restrictions it's had in developing Flash now that Apple has dropped the NDA. But now I see that it is only for released apps only...wtf?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saybin View Post
    I realize MMS problems are because of AT&T's filters. Thanks.

What I was getting from this, even though I don't know much, is that Adobe won't have the restrictions it's had in developing Flash now that Apple has dropped the NDA. But now I see that it is only for released apps only...wtf?
    You are confused. The NDA just means that developers can not TALK about their apps or the development process. The thing that is stopping Flash from working on the iphone is Apple's draconian software control policy. The removal of the NDA will have nothing (or very little) to do with flash, because applications can not modify apple apps (like a plugin for safari, which flash would have to be) or make standalone apps that replicate apple application functionality (the only other option, make your own browser and implement flash in that), tldr; don't hold your breath for flash.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pyromuffin For This Useful Post:

saybin (10-05-2008)

Thanks

To me Apple's NDA is non sense.

The SDK is pretty much open to anyone.
    You don't need to pay to have access to the SDK and SDK docs and samples.

Obviously Apple knows about the open toolchain that is also available to everyone.

So I don't think the NDA helps much in hiding Apple secrets.

It is good only to avoid exchange of info among developers and that doesn't help the development of better apps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyromuffin View Post
    You are confused. The NDA just means that developers can not TALK about their apps or the development process. The thing that is stopping Flash from working on the iphone is Apple's draconian software control policy. The removal of the NDA will have nothing (or very little) to do with flash, because applications can not modify apple apps (like a plugin for safari, which flash would have to be) or make standalone apps that replicate apple application functionality (the only other option, make your own browser and implement flash in that), tldr; don't hold your breath for flash.
    Damn, so this really doesn't mean much then. Ya I'm really not expecting Flash anytime soon. Apple can't even give some of the basic features that most of us want like a respectable bluetooth stack or mms. I've been regretting the switch I made from my TyTn II to the iPhone more and more now. The only thing i like about the iphone better now is the web browser and better quality touch screen. Sure the tytn takes some messing with to get it to your liking but at least it had some decent features.

Don't mean to ramble on but just getting tired of my iPhone already.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12