+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 88

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [Tip] StatusNotifier for Email, SMS, and Call Notifcation in the Status Bar

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by stevetheman Arrgh! I love the icons and all but for some reason my mail icon is always showing, even if I don't have any new mail. Please
...
  1. #41
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheman View Post
    Arrgh!
    I love the icons and all but for some reason my mail icon is always showing, even if I don't have any new mail.
    Please help me this is exactly what I need for my phone and I can't get it to work.

    Also, do you have any idea what effect this will have on battery life?

    x2 why does it do that tho....

  2. #42
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ekidd View Post
    So where would i go about replacing these icons? I have a couple icons that id like to replace already. Anybody know where i would locate the files?

    **EDIT**Nevermind, i figured out where my replacement icons go.
    Care to share that information buddy?

  3. #43
    Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    1,582
    Thanks
    188
    Thanked 111 Times in 94 Posts

    Now only if the lock screen icons showed a badge count and when touched they open that certain app up, asking for the iPhones passcode, if you got one set, on the way, that would be awesome.

    MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

  4. #44
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The mail icon shows up all the time, even when I have no unread messages, is there a temp fix for this untill this issue is sorted in the next version?

  5. #45
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default Mail icon always showing....
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbuckz View Post
    The mail icon shows up all the time, even when I have no unread messages, is there a temp fix for this untill this issue is sorted in the next version?
    The Mail icon is showing all the time because you have a unread message either in your inbox or trash or somewhere in your mail account.

    I had the icon showing up with 0 new emails in my inbox i refreshed my trash and there were two(2) unread emails. I "read" them and PRESTO mail icon gone.

    Done and DONE

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rayford Booth For This Useful Post:

    chancre_scolex (10-03-2008)

  7. #46
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayford Booth View Post
    The Mail icon is showing all the time because you have a unread message either in your inbox or trash or somewhere in your mail account.

    I had the icon showing up with 0 new emails in my inbox i refreshed my trash and there were two(2) unread emails. I "read" them and PRESTO mail icon gone.

    Done and DONE
    Seriously? I keep all my mail (thousands of messages) in folders. Some get read, some don't. My inbox is empty though. So I should really "read" all of those messages? Ugh, I loved this app on 1.1.4

  8. #47
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayford Booth View Post
    The Mail icon is showing all the time because you have a unread message either in your inbox or trash or somewhere in your mail account.

    I had the icon showing up with 0 new emails in my inbox i refreshed my trash and there were two(2) unread emails. I "read" them and PRESTO mail icon gone.

    Done and DONE
    You sir are a genius. In my opinion though the app should only look at the Inbox and the unread messages there. Can this be fixed for the next version OR is that a pref file I can edit?

  9. #48
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Can you post the code section that will let me change the "60 Second" default check to something longer?

    When I installed it from Cydia, it automatically downloaded Erica Utils, but not Java Sqlite. I had to install it seperately.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 10-01-2008 at 08:01 AM.

  10. #49
    Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 64 Times in 27 Posts

    it is likely, that the unread deleted message is showing. Unfortunately this is a side effect for my Exchange fix.

    The way i checked for unread messages in the first version was:
    "select sum(unread_count) from mailboxes where url like "%INBOX";

    But this one won't shot Exchange.

    Somebody who has Exchange account and could go to SSH and run the following command from:

    sqlite3 /var/mobile/Library/Mail/Envelope\ Index 'select * from mailboxes;'

    And please tell me what is the name for the Excjange INBOX, because the INBOX word is not in it for sure)

    Thanks in advance!

    Zolee

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to zolee For This Useful Post:

    dboone21 (10-01-2008)

  12. #50
    iPhoneaholic riassan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    /
    Posts
    303
    Thanks
    158
    Thanked 307 Times in 149 Posts

    Default problem running lock status and wbweatherwidget
    Hello All,
    Zolee Great work and great app!!! Don't know if I'm the only one but i can't get wbweatherwidget from winterboard to run with lock status simultaneously and i have my weather on lock screen set for above docktrans. is there anyway i can edit something to fix this or is just gonna have to be one or the other? thanks in advance

  13. #51
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by zolee View Post
    it is likely, that the unread deleted message is showing. Unfortunately this is a side effect for my Exchange fix.

    The way i checked for unread messages in the first version was:
    "select sum(unread_count) from mailboxes where url like "%INBOX";

    But this one won't shot Exchange.

    Somebody who has Exchange account and could go to SSH and run the following command from:

    sqlite3 /var/mobile/Library/Mail/Envelope Index 'select * from mailboxes;'

    And please tell me what is the name for the Excjange INBOX, because the INBOX word is not in it for sure)

    Thanks in advance!

    Zolee
    Is it possible to release an exchange version and a normal version? I have gmail IMAP setup and I have the problem with always having "new" mail.

  14. #52
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 33 Times in 23 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by riassan View Post
    Don't know if I'm the only one but i can't get wbweatherwidget from winterboard to run with lock status simultaneously and i have my weather on lock screen set for above docktrans. is there anyway i can edit something to fix this or is just gonna have to be one or the other? thanks in advance
    Same problem here. Doesn't matter what order in the Winterboard stack. Whichever is higher, is whatever shows. Would love to have both, even if it means manually editing some stuff.

  15. #53
    Developer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 64 Times in 27 Posts

    It seems winterboard can handle only one LockBackground.html
    I have some ideas I will look into this when I have some extra time

  16. #54
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    So is the problem only if you're using an exchange account? I'm on an exchange account and I'm having the deleted messages show as unread in the status bar.

  17. #55
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Manchester NH
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    thanks for the fix about the mail icon
    Bought the Iphone 3g on Friday jailbroke it on Monday!!!

    Black IPhone 3g Jailbroken.

  18. #56
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I guarantee there is no mail in any of my inboxes or trash and i'm still getting the icon.
    This is frustrating.

  19. #57
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheman View Post
    I guarantee there is no mail in any of my inboxes or trash and i'm still getting the icon.
    This is frustrating.
    This bug essentially makes the program worthless. I've uninstalled it (and Winterboard which it decided to self-install) until a fix comes out. Looking forward to the next version!

  20. #58
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    k can someone please explain to me why when i installed this app, cydia installed like 4 other apps along with it? (including winterboard) does this app require all these others to function correctly? thanks

  21. #59
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    High Wycombe, Bucks, UK
    Posts
    176
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts

    Hi all,

    I installed Status Notifier, Erica's Utilities and SQLite v3 but I dont see any new mail icons anywhere except for the badge on the mail app.

    How do I get this thing to work???

    Thanks.

  22. #60
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts

    I edited the program to refresh every 10 seconds instead of every 60. it makes much more sense that way. in fact, i may reduce it even further. if i remember correctly, TaskbarNotifier refreshed every couple of seconds.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts