Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sprint/Verizon Getting the iPhone?

mastuul, many are saying that it's not possible and others are saying it is, some say that you can use tmobile 3g for downlink and edge for uplink but I think these are just theories

Thanx button in advanced

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Salamis View Post
    I still doubt Verizon will get iPhones. When I got my LG Voyager, the guy at Verizon said that Apple is too controlling to work with. Notice how you have to go to the Apple store to get the iPhone? And how you have to bring you iPhone to Apple for technical support? Verizon was offered to carry the iPhone, but Apple was too controlling, so they turned it down.
    Um, or you could go to any ATT store, or Best Buy...
    And of course you talk to apple for tech support, it's their hardware. ATT wouldn't have a clue how to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by mastuul View Post
    Does anyone know if the 3G iphone is compatible with T-Mobile's 3G network? I've read elsewhere that it isn't, but I haven't tested it personally.
    No, it's not compatible, most unlock SIMs have disclaimers that will tell you that you have to disable 3G for the phone to work correctly on T Mobile.

man that would be awesome Iphone + my Sprint SERO Unlimited Everything Plan= orgasm lol

Default Any news on this? iPhone & Sprint
    Has there been any other news on this? I'm interested in iPhone & Sprint.

Thank you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by howardbg View Post
    Has there been any other news on this? I'm interested in iPhone & Sprint.

Thank you.
    yes. the reason apple was hiring cdma/evdo people was for macbooks and whatever tablet/netbook apple is said to be working on with 3G capabilities. sprint and verizon will never see the iPhone. cdma is a technology that is rarely used in the world. the us, canada, and 1 or 2 other countries use it. the rest of the world uses GSM (sim cards). AT&T has an exclusivity that will probably be revamped every few years.

apple will continue going with att because its familiar ground now being that theyre going on 3+ years of being bedfellows. switching to a different network just doesnt seem plausible or smart. att will do anything to keep a cash cow like the iPhone in its corner. i wouldnt doubt if the iPhone stayed with att forever.

*tmobile is a blessing when it comes to the iPhone. cheaper than att and great customer service. the warranty comes from apple so its not like im missing out on something bypassing att, and the only lacking features are 3G (which drains the battery anyway) and visual voicemail (not a deal breaker). tmobile doesnt even care if you tether! i know its been said tons of times, but if you want an iPhone-sign up for tmobile, get a cheap data plan, get a free phone, sell it, put the cash made toward an unlocked iPhone, get applecare, and be happy you arent a slave to att's ridiculous prices.
    When I try to spell Jedi's on my iPhone, it auto-corrects it to Jesus...

Dont steve jobs and the CEO of Verizon basically hate each other? I read an article that before apple had a contract with AT&T, Jobs and Verizon's CEO had a nasty meeting about the iPhone...I think the article stated that Jobs had some demands about what they could control with the iPhone such as service and where the phone would be sold, and the CEO of Verizon basically said to go F yourself...if this was true I doubt that they would ever do a deal...

I really doubt that apple would leave AT&T at thisbpoint they r just too far to look back. They will probably stay together for a long time, until they let u unlock it for all gsm carriers. AT&T had better not make tethering expensive, and in fact it should be free and simple to do with a special app for ur computer or something like plug and play. If it's not free I'll just use the iphone modem(not by addition; can't get that to work) and proxifier. Also, Apple would never let Sprint have the iPhone u idiots because they have the Palm Pre!!!!! That's a huge rival to the iPhone or at least it's biggest rival yet.

Default At&t rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Hopefully the crippling thing would be stopped by Apple. I hate Apple for being so strict with things, but this is one time it would actually be a positive thing LOL. I am thinking they would say "no deal" if VZW wanted to cripple their apps, but you never know. Those VZW vastards cripple the hell out of blackberry and other pda phones
    Verizon sucks anybody can steal and register any Verizon phone, and also Sprint gets horrible service AT&T is the best service provider on the market plus one of the cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by vwwanksta69 View Post
    Dont steve jobs and the CEO of Verizon basically hate each other? I read an article that before apple had a contract with AT&T, Jobs and Verizon's CEO had a nasty meeting about the iPhone...I think the article stated that Jobs had some demands about what they could control with the iPhone such as service and where the phone would be sold, and the CEO of Verizon basically said to go F yourself...if this was true I doubt that they would ever do a deal...
    Ya know, I bet Jobs and AT&T is laughing at Verizon right now. I'd love to see the numbers on how many new accounts AT&T got when the iPhone was first released.

I know that the iPhone went to Verizon first.
    Apple stated their restrictions, and Verizon refused them.
    For example, the rule that only certain (corporate) stores could carry the iPhone. Verizon refused stating that all their stores are equal and there should not be competition between them, or one carrying things that the other doesnt sell.
    i know this from my current.. i guess you can say regional manager.. RAE for any AT&T people... was with Verizon at the time it took place.

So idk what would happen, but I am pretty sure that iPhone aint goin nowhere.

Unless of course they make the iCell or iMobile lol then the iPhone will be AT&T and iCell/iMobile will be Verizon haha see, Apple abides by their contract! haha

Not going to happen anytime soon. CDMA and VZW crapware are big issues. Apple is doing just fine utilizing world wide carriers on GSM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123