Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Tethering Roundup

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Bye bye NetShare, Pdanet here I come, NetShare only for Mac 6 down the drain

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coolrey3 View Post
    Is there any way to do the inverse of this. For example im in class and i have my laptop connected through local network but i dont have any service on my phone. know anything i can do?
    thanks.
    If you have a mac, just turn internet sharing on through wifi and your mac plugged into a ethernet cable can share that connection with a computer or peripheral with wifi enabled.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

Default Wow
    If anyone is like me and have been waiting for an easy windows options (2 of the 3 apps are for OSX), PDANET works like a charm. Its super easy and takes 5 minutes to set up. By the way, i have a first gen iphone, not the 3g. Heres the link:

PdaNet -- Use your iPhone as a Wireless Router for your PC/Mac
    Last edited by dinasty2k1; 09-29-2008 at 07:17 PM.

I'm loving it! I am tethering as i write this message!

im wondering the same thing as A.T can i use this to get internet connection for my xbox 360

Thanks
    PdaNET... I love it!! So easy, no need for for proxy this and ip that. Make a ad-hoc and connect, fire up app on phone, connect to internet on the computer.(That's all) Thanks to the dev "June Fabrics PDA Tech Group" June Fabrics PDA Technology Group for the app and thanks to "cash7c3" for bringing this to light.
    Apple Mac Book Pro 15.4" - 2.0 gHz Intel Core Duo, 320gig HDD, 2gig RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 512MB Video Card
    Toshiba X205-Sli Custom 17" - 2.0 gHz Intel Core Duo, 2x 320gig HDD's, 4gig RAM, 2x(sli) NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 512MB Video Card, Dell e310(home server)

PDA Net results

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coolrey3 View Post
    Is there any way to do the inverse of this. For example im in class and i have my laptop connected through local network but i dont have any service on my phone. know anything i can do?
    thanks.
    Just make a adhoc network in your laptop, give it a name and security wep encryption, and a password, then choose in your laptop share internect connectrion thru your wireless modem... turn on wifi on your iphone and choose the connection that you just created (adhoc) on your laptop..... now you are connected

Tethering here with Tmobile, works perfect woooooo
    Last edited by javiert30; 09-30-2008 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried out pDAnet and it worked fine. I am not digging the 'no proxy' setup, but it was easy to create the connection.

Rogers 3G in Hamilton, Ontario with PdaNet

Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 09-30-2008 at 08:58 AM.

I'd love to be able to use my iPhone as a wireless adapter for the 360. just connect with the USB and hit off of an available wireless network...does anyone know if something like this could be developed or if there is something out there that might accomplish this?

even if you could get your 360 connected playing on live would be super laggy

For us Canadian 3G owners with FIDO, tethering IS allowed. I would assume the same applies for Rogers since they own FIDO!

Quote Originally Posted by dinasty2k1 View Post
    If anyone is like me and have been waiting for an easy windows options (2 of the 3 apps are for OSX), PDANET works like a charm. Its super easy and takes 5 minutes to set up. By the way, i have a first gen iphone, not the 3g. Heres the link:

PdaNet -- Use your iPhone as a Wireless Router for your PC/Mac
    Hello,

Do I have to have itunes installed on my laptop in order for this to work....I currently have 2 laptops and 1 has itunes on it and the other 1 don't. I prefer to use the one that does not have itunes on it.

No you don't need iTunes. Now hit my thanks button

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bouzo For This Useful Post:

shenese (11-14-2008)

Hello,

I just checked Cydia and I don't see the pdanet file locate no where in there....Can someone tell where I can get the file from?

I updated pdanet to v 1.31 and it doesn't work anymore! Anyone having this issue?

PDAnet is great! I use it to tether a 2G 1.1.4 to a 3G 2.1 - finally enjoying OrbLive for live TV on iphone over 3G.
    Haven't tried this with the other tethering methods, anyone know if those also do iPhone to iPhone?

Thanks

can i use my ps3 with pdanet

Thanks

hey could anyone put PdaNet on a repo for the old installer or cydia. i can use it on my bros phone because its updated to 2.1 but i dont wanna update mine (cause i dont wanna lose my graffitti theme). That would be a great help. if anyone does do it then send me a PM cause i might forget to look back at this page

thanks

Jailbreakin since 1.1.1
    man i wish we could just download the jailbreak from safari just like back in the day.

update: comex has answered my wish.

custom setup:
    Asus m3n78 PRO
    AMD Phenom Quad-core 3.2GHz
    EVGA GTX 260 core 216 processors
    4GB G.Skill RAM
    HDDVD BLU-Ray DVD drive
    150GB Raptor X(has window to see disc)
    500GB WD HD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast