Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Purchasing now mandatory to review AppStore apps!

Thanks

Exclamation Purchasing now mandatory to review AppStore apps!

You will see the above error from now if you review any app without purchasing.

This is a big reform in the review system of AppStore. There has been complaints about some useless reviews which made the position and sales of apps declined in the store. Finally, Apple has decided to change this faulty system. For this, they have made it mandatory to buy the app before you review it so you can't just write idiotic reviews or overcome your anger...

Even this was a big weapon for the developer of the competing apps. They could easily spoil the reputation of the other apps by writing crazy reviews and even spoil the rating.

In short, this is a great step taken by Apple to improve the functioning of the AppStore and make it a fairer place for both the sellers and the buyers.

Though current problem is that the free apps will still be littered with some crappy reviews but we can now be sure that the paid apps we buy are worth our money.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-1.png   -picture-25.png  
    Last edited by sayam; 09-28-2008 at 02:35 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sayam For This Useful Post:

bluaeon (09-28-2008), kanaya (09-28-2008), Kyle Matthews (09-28-2008), WillyDavidK (09-28-2008)

Thanks

Hahaha, am I the only one who got a kick out of reading all those reviews?

Quote Originally Posted by 461am View Post
    Hahaha, am I the only one who got a kick out of reading all those reviews?
    You're the only one who had the time

"I HATE YOUR FACE!" LOL!!!, what app was that a review for btw?
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    You're the only one who had the time
    Clearly.

to me this is good. at least you dont have to read all the other reviews that people put without even trying it out. makes it less clutter.

OLD INFO I forgot where to get this again. Link?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow, this well definitely was a much needed revision of the app store, the reviews were almost devolving to the standard of youtube comments (which i generally refer to as the lowliest component of modern civilization)

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank god! Review system got normal now!
    I just got bored of those retarded reviews.

Thank god...too many douche bags writing bogus reports. After developers spend their time to write decent apps. Good job apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thumbs up Wee Mistype :D
    "BUY the app before you PURCHASE it"

Couldn’t help it.

But regarding the article, I read reviews on a particular app and they were bad, but I downloaded anyway and the app was excellent.

Sometimes I think its jealousy with the apps, certain developers not liking somebody building a similar app. Just my 2c worth
    Last edited by grahampaull; 09-28-2008 at 01:25 AM. Reason: No reason ......

lol phailed spelling ... what about the nice people who used the cracked apps =( -.-

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

best thing apple has done for awhile, i hated all those stupid reviews like giving an app 1 star without even trying it,

The only problem is i haven't paid for any of my apps, hehehe don't ban me lol im just saying

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I can still write a crappy review if I buy the thing. Bottom line is... all apps should be free to use for a number of days (maybe hours) and let people decide for themselves if they want to buy. This wouldn't be that hard to implement, but wait... all those crappy apps wouldn't see nearly the amount of sales. Greed > convenience!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

This is the way it should of been since the beginning, God I was getting sick and tired of hearing people rate something a 1 because they felt the app should be free and not cost money! That doesn't help me at all in my decision making of wanting to check the app out or not lol. Also the person above who mentioned Youtube comments you are so correct there just WOW such low quality its insanity! Where did these human beings come from?

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elr0y7 View Post
    "I HATE YOUR FACE!" LOL!!!, what app was that a review for btw?
    Lmao. I wanna know as well

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Finally. Good move Apple.

who gives.... they should have a try and buy option for a true review to occur. Alot of programs on the net are like that .

19. The Following User Says Thank You to tdub For This Useful Post:

danvicente (09-28-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tdub View Post
    who gives.... they should have a try and buy option for a true review to occur. Alot of programs on the net are like that .
    I agree with the try and buy. Now devs have started putting out "lite" versions for free and if you like it you can buy the full version.
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitter-@danvicente

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Awwwww.... all those guys with every app from the store, but they are cracked, can't tell you how good they are
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Now if we could just get some sub-categories the store would be really functional. For the games especially. There's over 1,000 now.

(for the device itself, I'm aware that there are sub-categories on iTunes from a desktop.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast