+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 2.2 Already Jailbroken

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
cool, but not very exciting since there was no struggle to hack the new firmware Originally Posted by udayc Anyone know what the new features of 2.2 are ? any
    Thanks

cool, but not very exciting since there was no struggle to hack the new firmware

Quote Originally Posted by udayc View Post
    Anyone know what the new features of 2.2 are ? any chance on any of the goodies we are all waiting for
    copy paste ? SMS fwding ? etc...?
    nope, no major changes
    Last edited by Chase817; 09-26-2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Thanks

They should give up trying to stop us (I mean you DevTeam lol) and maybe then they could actually make a stable firmware. Way to go guyz keep up the great work we all are extremely grateful. Ever since 2.0's release I miss 1.1.4 so badly cuz at least then I had no problems like app crashing and ect.... If you guyz could make a way for us to run on 1.1.4 and maybe trick iTunes so we can sync are apps I think that would be a steady CFW? I'm just spit balling lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

winpwn has a few different features and from my experience (winpwn 2.0, quickpwn to 2.1) was sort of backwards. I think the only difference is the partition size option and the custom boot logos? I waited for a week for winpwn to come out but got tired of it. Once I heard about quickpwn I jumped on it. Unlocked and jailbreaked just fine.

And will the changing of 'alpine' to 'timberline' also effect the SSH password? Anyone know fir sure?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I dont really think that dev would ever unlock 3G. Its been 3 months now, ...........and..........nothing. Sad, really.

Green Apple
    Thanks

am I the onlynone thinking that screaming "we did before it's even out!" might a tad counter-productive, strategicaly speaking?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    sweeeeeeeeet
    Dude! ; your turn! Please, all of these nonsensical "sweeeeeet" posts are a waste of time!

The great thing that Apple has done with their firmware to this point is they always include the 1st gen product. We have ALL of the functionality EXCEPT 3G reception. For that I am grateful! Most phones just leave you in the dust of upgrades, but kudos go to Apple AND the Dev Team for keeping us in the loop
    Last edited by mbaharvard; 09-26-2008 at 10:35 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

@fuzio1963

I'm sure they will eventually. In fact, I'd be willing to BET they do in the next 3 months. If you've ever used anything the dev team has contributed to then your comment is erroneous.

taking all bets
    I also offer video poker.
    Last edited by oliverhart77; 09-26-2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: forgot multi

8. The Following User Says Thank You to oliverhart77 For This Useful Post:

mbaharvard (09-26-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fuzio1963 View Post
    I dont really think that dev would ever unlock 3G. Its been 3 months now, ...........and..........nothing. Sad, really.
    Well, get busy yourself, if you think it's so sad! It is most likely a very difficult task or you would have already accomplished it! DO NOT DIS THE DEV TEAM UNTIL YOU CAN DO BETTER.... just sayin'

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mbaharvard For This Useful Post:

oliverhart77 (09-26-2008)

Thanks

here there any way to change the boot logos on 2.1 FW? SSH?
    i used to pray to the Lord every night and ask Him for a bicycle- but then i realized that God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for Him to forgive me...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MPS3 View Post
    its some what real but i guess you dont know the diff from QuickPwn to WinPwn

Some what real? What are you talking about? Technically speaking quickpwn is the "real" jailbreak because it's the method that's been used from day 1 although your use of the word real makes no sense seen as how they both do the same thing. Partition resizing isn't really necessary when you can just symlink and not being able to change the boot logo is a sad reason not to use quickpwn.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

aglitch...tone it down please, no insults please. Thankyou.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (09-27-2008)

Thanks

2.2 beta 1 probably doesn't have the main fixes yet. So I'm sure things will change. I remember a certain character advertised that he jailbroke the 2.0 betas, and by the time the final release came out, nothing happened...
    Not saying that the dev team won't JB it 2.2
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there any reason to get 2.2 anyway? (other than wanting to have the newest version fw out there). I mean, are there any new features? 2.1 was worth it, but is it even better than 2.1 is?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Winpwn for 2.1!!! where are you???????

You might as well not have Quickpwn seeing as it doesn't work on iPhones if you have apps from App Store installed(which probably most iPhone users will), so you'll have to do a restore and then jailbreak.
    Quickpwn is an advantage to people who have just bought their iPhone not for existing iPhone users.
    If your going to restore before using Quickpwn, you might as well restore with a custom fw instead, so you can see why people prefer winpwn rather than Quickpwn, as it isn't actually "Quick" for everyone.
    Hope you get what I mean!!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

just caught onto this thread. seems like alot of bickering going on. kinda out of the norm..

anyways, i havent seen anyone list the differances from 2.1 to 2.2.
    this would be nice to know what exactly we are (or arent) looking forward to.

Thanks

aaaawwwww, i missed the bickering :-( pooo....

anyways, i havent seen anyone list the differances from 2.1 to 2.2.
    this would be nice to know what exactly we are (or arent) looking forward to.
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

20. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (09-27-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adseguy View Post
    You guys think that the Devs are getting "smarter" or apple isn't "working hard enough" It's not true on both counts. It's just that since the code got released to the Devs they can now just do a bit match and see where in the code things were "changed around"......and now that they know where the problem is they can dig a new hole very easily. It's really not that hard anymore and won't be until a MAJOR update that changes too much code to count.
    if you read their blog it is actually a hardware change that would have to be made by apple. meaning, the next iphone could be the hardware upgrade needed to fix this vulnerability. but i am sure someone, if not the devs, will hack that too!

i hate 2.0+ on the 1st gen. i think apple made it crappy on the first gen to force us onto the 3G.
    i am back at 1.1.4 and have NO reason to upgrade!
    Last edited by tattoojack; 09-27-2008 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

LOL go figure.... Good job!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    i am back at 1.1.4 and have NO reason to upgrade!
    I've considered going to 1.1.4, however I have to have alot of the appstore apps. Now I finally have the phone but it's 2G and I got it on 2.0.2 and never experienced 1.1.4 on anything but my touch. I would hate to not have appstore apps on my device so I'll just deal with it.

On another note, earlier in this thread there was discussion about apple and the dev team and such. I'm 100% sure Apple will never try to stop the jailbreaking. It adds alot to their revenue, I never would have cared about the device without it. Wired magazine rated a jailbroken iPhone as one of the top 10 gadgets of 2007. They just have to make it look like they are combating it to keep their relationship good with the cell phone carriers.
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to evolutionarymc For This Useful Post:

mbaharvard (09-27-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

why apple release new FW EVERY DAY?!!