+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone SDK to be March 6th

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hopefully it lives up to all this hype...
    Thanks

Hopefully it lives up to all this hype...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I highly doubt the SDK itself is going to be available to anyone unless you have an Apple Developer's License and they are like $5,000.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm located in Canada. I pretty sure that apple isn't going to release any apps on the Canadian store, since officially there aren't any iPhone users in Canada, and don't think I can buy from the US store unless I have a US billing address, right?

iPhone? More like MyPhone b-ballstyle's Avatar
    Thanks

Is SDK a program on your computer that allow you to create some apps for iphone or it is apps that you can download or buy on itunes??

My iPhone is a Part of Me mofolo's Avatar
    Thanks

Pfft, SDK.

Its good for one thing, But wont solve the problem of 'malicious' 3rd party application via Jailbreak.

Many people in this forum require jailbreak to modify the iphone to not only unlock and activate the phone - but to also modify it (changing App Support and Uploading roms etc etc)

Do you think Steve is going to give us these luxuries? I doubt it.
    And he'll also slap a price on applications too, if its in Itunes - it comes at a price.

SDK is like Apple taking a dump on our backs and then pissing it off.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo View Post
    Pfft, SDK.

Its good for one thing, But wont solve the problem of 'malicious' 3rd party application via Jailbreak.

Many people in this forum require jailbreak to modify the iphone to not only unlock and activate the phone - but to also modify it (changing App Support and Uploading roms etc etc)

Do you think Steve is going to give us these luxuries? I doubt it.
    And he'll also slap a price on applications too, if its in Itunes - it comes at a price.

SDK is like Apple taking a dump on our backs and then pissing it off.
    thanks for that visual. Hypothetically speaking, does anyone think any of the dev team was approached to work on this under extremely stringent confidentiality agreements? or any of the more popular app developers? just a thought not stepping on ppl's toes.........
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69185&dateline=119575  6040

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seanobx View Post
    Hypothetically speaking, does anyone think any of the dev team was approached to work on this under extremely stringent confidentiality agreements? or any of the more popular app developers? just a thought not stepping on ppl's toes.........
    Well we do know that the developer of lights off was hired by apple...... and a few former high-ups from nokia and motorala (i think thats what it was) were hired as well.
    I doubt anyone from the dev team was hired though; if they were then surely our precious jailbreaks and unlocks would be patched, especially considering that 1.1.4 just came out and is already unlockable/jailbreakable.
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

FLASH!!!!!!!!!! i hope sooooooo

iPhone? More like MyPhone vinodis's Avatar
    Thanks

as if the hell will freeze over. S-D-K.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default apple ...greedy bast@rds
    if the sdk is no good i think we should stick to the installer app. Its a really great thing u guys have created.
    espetialy if apple are planning on charging us... I would rather donate to the developers themselves.

Thanks

I think sdk is just another way apple is trying to take over what the developers have done so far. They just want a piece of the pie, so greedy!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dooley19 For This Useful Post:

dominic56 (02-28-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone sinister's Avatar
    Thanks

i want to see 1) flash 2) copy and paste 3) save backround pics from the net to your phone 4) video (i mean comon 8 gigs might as well get some funny sotries of you friends being drunk with a 700 dollar phone right ) 5) custom ringtones ......... homemade
    Acer 5050
    250 gb harddrive
    2.5 gb of ram
    2.2gz
    Mac os 10.5.2

Iphone
    2.0-pineapple

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sinister For This Useful Post:

dominic56 (02-28-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't wait for the SDK and the possible introduction of apps being sold through iTunes because it'll force developers to make quality software. Not the 99% of beta/alpha crap being released every day. By adding a reasonable price tag to it ($4-5 if the Touch upgrade pack is any indication), I will expect nothing but applications that have been tested and approved by Apple for release.

Also, someone mentioned about the SDK being already released to certain developers and I believe this is true. I can't recall who or where I read it, but a software company hinted to have been working with the SDK for some time because Apple wants a small lineup of software for sale when they release the SDK as an example of what one can do with it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

dominic56 (02-28-2008)

Thanks

Was this part of the major plan? build the iPhone, put millions of them out there and then develop the software to bleed us dry? That's why the free apps like we have now will never go away, I will donate as much as I can to make sure we have a place to go without having to go through itunes....

The one thing that scares me is these SDK people releasing a virus to force us to go to itunes... Conspiracy!!!!
    Last edited by dominic56; 02-28-2008 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I can't wait for the SDK and the possible introduction of apps being sold through iTunes because it'll force developers to make quality software. Not the 99% of beta/alpha crap being released every day. By adding a reasonable price tag to it ($4-5 if the Touch upgrade pack is any indication), I will expect nothing but applications that have been tested and approved by Apple for release.

Also, someone mentioned about the SDK being already released to certain developers and I believe this is true. I can't recall who or where I read it, but a software company hinted to have been working with the SDK for some time because Apple wants a small lineup of software for sale when they release the SDK as an example of what one can do with it.
    I bet that memory is of the joke that was done a few weeks ago - he didn't really have the SDK. (Tiny Coders).

I also don't see your expectations working out. Unless you think all OS X and Windows software is approved by Apple and Microsoft before you buy it in the Wal-Mart...
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NetMage View Post
    I bet that memory is of the joke that was done a few weeks ago - he didn't really have the SDK. (Tiny Coders).

I also don't see your expectations working out. Unless you think all OS X and Windows software is approved by Apple and Microsoft before you buy it in the Wal-Mart...
    I think that's a bit different, though I do see your point. However, if Apple is going to be using iTunes as the means to deliver the software, I can't imagine them not having a look or a bit of quality control over what they sell/give.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I think that's a bit different, though I do see your point. However, if Apple is going to be using iTunes as the means to deliver the software, I can't imagine them not having a look or a bit of quality control over what they sell/give.
    I think the previous poster was saying that this will not effect the quality of work the current hackers/developers do. Even if the quality isnt the best, it free. You get what you pay for. Besides, what quality apps have you released?

Thanks

I can't wait for the SDK. I'm especially looking forward to some sort of implementation of Interface Builder for the thing. (At least I hope there will be one; I'm getting sick of manually coding everything).

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.

Thanks

3 more days....cannot wait to see what will happen.

formerly known as arturpokusin playful_cyanide's Avatar
    Thanks

It's f-ing 2morrow!! I cannot wait!
    Don't forget to hit
    Get your custom MMi Signature's here!

Join the MMi \/\/AVE experience