Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iPhone 3G released secretly in Hong Kong!

because if you sold it locked here they would lose a huge amount of sales to gray market imports. HK has little inhibitions about getting things elsewhere. I'm from Canada and the people there just accept what they are given.. so. I understand the strategy. its a good one. Singaporeans also just accept what they are told... (product wise) so. Its great for the retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by RC_OZ View Post
    C'mon guys. All you have to do is spend $20 on hardware unlock solution and you have an unlock iPhone 3G.

This one works for me shop.brando.com.hk

Suuure!! N who knows if that little chip will still work on futures Baseband updates just like the other ones when they stop working from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3

it can only be shipped to hong kong only. how to get it outside of hong kong?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mastuul's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone know if the 3G iphone is compatible with T-Mobile's 3G network? I've read that it isn't, but then again I haven't tried it myself.

hi, i'm from indonesia
    and i just bought iphone 3G white 16GB factory unlock in Hong kong yesterday for 6880
    just info to you guys
    but i thought you can get it cheaper in Singapore ?

How are we meant to get them shipped outside HK?
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Hi all
    I'm currently asking a friend to buy the iPhone for me over at HK.
    do I need to activate the phone with iTunes over the internet in HK?
    or I can do it when the phone my friend ships it here to malaysia?

I'm not sure if the ip address is going to affect the unlocking of the phone?

Singapore is not an unlocked Iphone.

Shipping is only in HK. I saw a PRC women the other day buy 18 iphones for China. So group buys can be arranged apparently.

The unlocked version WORKS with ANY typical GSM Sim card network. the sim network will not detect your phone and not let it work.

No ip filtering in my experience as i activated in Singapore (HK phone) besides... the vendor can activate for you in HK anyways.. The typical procedure is to activate it right in front of you when you buy to make sure the phone works etc.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yowiphone View Post
    How are we meant to get them shipped outside HK?
    You aren't... if you were they would just sell them here in the states... only reason HK has them like this is because laws keep them from selling locked phones.

Quote Originally Posted by mastuul View Post
    Does anyone know if the 3G iphone is compatible with T-Mobile's 3G network? I've read that it isn't, but then again I haven't tried it myself.
    it is not
    Last edited by sziklassy; 10-05-2008 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    You aren't... if you were they would just sell them here in the states... only reason HK has them like this is because laws keep them from selling locked phones.

it is not
    Ok.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

Quote Originally Posted by Lancaster View Post
    Exchange rate manipulation
    Environmental mess
    Counterfieting
    Product safety (lead in toys, crap in milk etc)
    Human rights.

Are you really going to try and defend that?
    Here's a list of what the USA is guilty of.

Exchange rate manipulation
    Environmental mess
    Product safety (lead in toys, crap in milk (GHb) etc)
    Human rights.

Now what?

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

does anyone wanna let me borrow 800 bucks???
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Everyone, this has been available since the 3G launch in Belgium and in France. In Belgium, it is illegal to bundle wireless service with a subsidized telephone. In France, all phones sold subsidized and locked to one carrier MUST be available unlocked and without a contract from the same carrier. Orange (the French carrier) sells the 8GB phone without a contract but still simlocked for 509 euros, or about 670 US. You then either have to wait 6 months for a free unlock, or pay 100 extra up front for the unlocked, no contract version. In Belgium, I think they charge something like 700 for an unlocked-from-birth 3G iPhone.

ive just been to Toyko and managed to find a shop that would sell a 3G fully unlocked. I tried my Orange UK sim and EVERYTHING worked fine. GPS, Mail etc... it was 500GBP but sadly it was a 8Gig so i can away empty handed..

99% of the stores selling them had signs up saying tourists could not buy them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345