Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iPhone 3G released secretly in Hong Kong!

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

C'mon guys. All you have to do is spend $20 on hardware unlock solution and you have an unlock iPhone 3G.

This one works for me http://shop.brando.com.hk/prod_detail.php?prod_id=02782

Last edited by RC_OZ; 09-26-2008 at 02:26 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I second that motion. Go somewhere else with the hate speech. Read the back of your iPhone. It's probably built in hong kong.

Hi,

same with the iPhone from the Czech Republik. I got a white one 16GB.
    Just put your SIM into the phone connect to iTunes and voilá it just activates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Angel View Post
    Buy it???? For $700???? Is it really worth that much? Think for a moment...
    Also remember that the Nokia n95 cost $700 unlocked, so $700 is a lot for US customers that are used to subsidized pricing.

Just wondering, I heard somewhere that data does not work with that solution?
    Last edited by shaharyar; 09-26-2008 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

wahhh.. but $700 usd i'm too poor.. for that much it better come with a bj

Default Unlocked Iphone 3G in China and HK
    Hi everyone, I'm new here. I live in China (Shanghai) thus used to strive to have Iphone through gray ways.

Well, 3G version is, of course, available here with hardware unlock. Hardware means that sort of 2nd SIM layer you put in together with your SIM card. It works very well, no problems at all.
    Prices for the complete package: 8GB 4800 CNY, 16GB 5500 CNY...you do the conversion.
    Store guys told me these Iphone are from US, and can be upgraded to 2.1 without any problem.

In 2 weeks I'll be in Hong Kong where few friends are going to buy the officially unlocked Iphone from Apple website...i'll let you know how it works.

Sorry if I've bothered you, but at least you have now official figures from China.

Cheers
    Gioshanghai

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

800 bucks... no thanks
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by MJedi View Post
    Based on the currency exchange, the price seems right for an unlocked iPhone.

8GB iPhone 3G: HK$ 5400 = approx US$ 700
    16GB iPhone 3G: HK$ 6200 = approx US$ 800

US$ 1 = HK$ 7.77
    lol!!!

Yes but isn´t this SIM Adapter illegal?
    Here in germany you can get a maximum of three years in jail . . . for changing your ID and as I´m informed it is also forbidden in the US.

And whatever the makers of these adapters say you ID is definatley changed to that of the Turbo or what else SIM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iAlex View Post
    Yes but isn´t this SIM Adapter illegal?
    Here in germany you can get a maximum of three years in jail . . . for changing your ID .
    Bull. I don't believe it.

[QUOTE=iAlex;2308911] it is also forbidden in the US.
    QUOTE]

By whom ? And what ID are you talking about ?

Apple has offered the 3g unlocked in several countries by law. Having personally jailbroken a 3g phone from Singapore, I believe the unlock is by hardware. The unlock is maintained even after using a custom Pwnage firmware. I don't think Apple would code the firmware to look for specific IMEI. That's a big pain logistically.

AT&T got into a contract with Apple for no reason. LoL. They don't even make money off iPhones until after months of the customer staying in contract with them with an iPhone.

People have such easy access to unlocked phones nowadays. No wonder they're forcing customers to get an iPhone plan with the 3G and they raised the price of it too. Gotta make up for all the money they must be losing :X

T-Mobile knows I'm using an iPhone as well, even employees at corporate T-Mobile stores have iPhones...

Can't wait till T-Mobile in my area goes 3G and I can get my hands on a iPhone 3G NO AT&T for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    No you do not have to sign in for a 2 year contract. Whatever carrier you use, just insert it and activate via itunes 8. I'm in Hong kong and i've got a friend working in the apple store and it works just like what they said on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by darnit222 View Post
    3G iphone unlocked at around 5000HKD is not so bad (for leagl iphone). i bought my 2G (illegal iphone) in HK for 5000HKD.

as for the 1 USD to 7.8 HKD, that is a fixed rate made when HK was a British colony. So blame the UK, not china.

China uses RMB. the current rate is 1 USD to 6.85 RMB. Last year the rate was 1 USD to 8.3 RMB. China is not controlling the currency as much as before.
    1. I didn't blame China for the HKD exchange rate - where did that come from? Do you think Hong Kong would have done better under China than they did under the UK? The best ebay traders are from Hong Kong. Hong Kong is not China, not yet at least. They may be politically Chinese but that's it (so far).

2. The issue isn't that China are controlling the exchange rate as much as they used to - it is that they are controlling it. When China manipulates an exchange rate they aren't just manipulating RMB, they are manipulating the value of my currency too. It is completely and utterly indefensible and eventually the western world will waken up to what is happening and put some pressure on the grubby, faceless Chinese "Government" to behave with some dignity, integrity and honour. I say again,

Exchange rate manipulation
    Environmental mess
    Counterfieting
    Product safety (lead in toys, crap in milk etc)
    Human rights.

Are you really going to try and defend that?

Western governments should be slapping some very hefty trade duties on Chinese products 'till they start behaving a bit less selfishly and cut out their blatant manipulation of the money markets.

We let them have iPhones and surprise surprise, the next thing we see is a slew of iPhone knock offs shipping right back over the sea. Pathetic.
    Last edited by Lancaster; 09-28-2008 at 07:33 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

How much is 5,400 HKD in dollars?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPie View Post
    How much is 5,400 HKD in dollars?
    Google for currency converter and figure it out.

I'm from HK and have the unlocked 3G version.... the plan isn't that simple as paying 5XXX HKD. they refund 15XX over time so the finall cost is around 3XXX HKD with interest. plus the monthly plan cost. (There are other variations of this type of plan, though) The phone is unlocked with any sim card. I am using a singaporean provider right now.

I want to remind you all that in Italy they have been selling unlocked iPhone 3g since the official launch in July. So this is actually not a weird event.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't understand. If they are sellg unlcked phones everywhere then how cme we can't buy one here in Canada or in the states. Well I guess f they sold them here that would piss of att&t and rogers. But then apple would probably sell way more phones.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast