Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Installer 4.0b8!

i was just updating my apps on itunes and i saw this icon in the top right corner, i herd someone complaining how the installer icon didnt blend in with cydia apsstore and itunes, so if someone wants to turn this into the right size and whatever, itd probally be a decent icon. i mean apple did make it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That icon is very cool and matches the rest

Also i had the same dumb problem updating installer... DOESNT RIPDEV FIGURE OUT THESE THINGS BEFORE THEY RELEASE IT!

I had to kill watchdog.bundle and stuff but its good now
    I only Use Installer for cracked apps and some system things like Unix Subsystem and things

They made Installer look nice but it actually sucks.
    Cydia has a better UI and way more apps and stable and NO RESPRING :P

I have to say i only really have Installer on my Springboard because it looks cool and just to say "Hey, I have Installer" :P

Cydia is way cooler and has tons of awesome apps like WinterBoard, 5 icon dock, QuickGold, Veency, and soon MobileStacks!

GO CYDIA!

yeah, I don't really like installer anymore. I only use it occasionally and it's not really dependable anymore...
    on my second iPhone... (although the first one got taken)...
    fw: 1.1.4
    size: 8gb
    service: at&t
    unlocked & jailbroken!

how do i know which installer 4 I have

u go into installer then into the installed categorie click installers tab and itll say ssome where what u h ave, 4-b(5,6,8?)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyBrett View Post

LMFAO @ "0" badge. Someone with a dry sense of humor can LOl about that one for a good 5 mins.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

My update worked flawlessly. Thanks for the post!!!

i updated, got the spinning wheel of death, then it restarted, and now im getting the apple logo of death,I CANT START UP MY PHONE. i didnt get to install openshh yet, what can i do other restoring the phone to get it to work again? please help

download iPhonebrowser hook it up to ur comp..go to private..var..mobile..Applications n change that folder name to Application2..give it a few seconds and it will start..then just name it back to Applications n reboot..if some of ur apps dissapear don't worry they will all come back with a few reboot and time

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 05VIII For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (09-30-2008), seanymACK (09-27-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    LMFAO @ "0" badge. Someone with a dry sense of humor can LOl about that one for a good 5 mins.
    Wow I just noticed that....

FAIL!
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by 05VIII View Post
    download iPhonebrowser hook it up to ur comp..go to private..var..mobile..Applications n change that folder name to Application2..give it a few seconds and it will start..then just name it back to Applications n reboot..if some of ur apps dissapear don't worry they will all come back with a few reboot and time
    Thanks man, that fixed the problem!

Default Installer icon
    Ok so i decided to use that installer icon i posted earlier in my realize theme, it matches with itunes cydia and appstore, and i found this icon on the app update page in itunes so its as close to stock as possible:P . well hear u go, dont be afraid to thank.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wgm214 View Post
    i was just updating my apps on itunes and i saw this icon in the top right corner, i herd someone complaining how the installer icon didnt blend in with cydia apsstore and itunes, so if someone wants to turn this into the right size and whatever, itd probally be a decent icon. i mean apple did make it!
    I was "complaining" about the Installer icon lmao

Hod do I change it to that?? it blends perfectly

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

i guess not complaining:P, but seriously to use this u must have winterboard, and know how to ssh. Creat a new folder on your computer, then a subfolder calld "Icons", name the icon "Installer" and ten drag into into icons. next drag the whole folder into /libary/themes and apply i tin witerboard.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to wgm214 For This Useful Post:

MetallicaFan1991 (10-01-2008)

does anyone know how to get rid of the "0" red balloon? its getting pretty annoying.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mikeagby For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (10-04-2008)

so could someone plz explain to me why someone would install this? what does it have that cydia doesnt (besides the bugs of course)

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Installer has never worked quite right from the start. Always having connection errors. I think it has seen its day. Besides it only got a few things and cydia has a lot and has got it beat hands down. Installer is dying a slow death!
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 100chris View Post
    so could someone plz explain to me why someone would install this? what does it have that cydia doesnt (besides the bugs of course)
    Yeah, im wondering this too!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ckybam69's Avatar
    Thanks

dude just get a theme if u want the cydia icon to look different. winterboard and a theme will fix that rather then complaining that u dont like the icon. the icon is fine.

Since many of you dont use installer i have a good source for app store apps. please thank me!!

add this source: Installer 4.0 Repository
    exit after adding it.
    restart phone

turn on open installer and you will see folders m2 games etc.

ya welcome

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast