+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Installer 4.0b8!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I found that when I install anything with installer I get the SWOD. If you then open itunes and then plug your iphone in and then leave it alone, it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I found that when I install anything with installer I get the SWOD.
    If you then open itunes and then plug your iphone in and then leave it alone, it will after 5-10 mins reboot. There is no need to restore.

2G
    Mac
    iphone to 3G to 3GS now iPhone 4

Thanks

what can i say, the mans work makes me happy, but yea, thats just regular ink lol..for me to actually get that tat, he would have to be a girl and give me more then cycorder while i use cycorder to record it lol
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    z3r01 you have lost me!
    iphone to 3G to 3GS now iPhone 4

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbaharvard View Post
    yes it is faster than your previous experience. Thanks for understanding my attempt at humor (at least I hope you saw my post as such). The iPhone 2.1 firmware runs quite well with Cydia. I do still wait for the install of new apps to finish - only a few seconds usually, before I begin another task with Cydia, although it is becoming less necessary to do so.
    I'll jailbreak 2.1 tomorrow, Cydia's install times, Installer being beta still and having the ALOD 27 or so times in week kept me from rejailbreaking my iPhone again.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's sad, because RipDev's decision to rewrite the software from scratch instead of keeping it's beloved and useful interface caused installer to become essentially obsolete. If they'd released it back when everyone was ******** about hating Cydia, Installer could've had a chance. Now? It's dead, just like Kate. Freeware technologies have more or less made it obsolete.

I'm waiting for Saurik to program his own intelliscreen. >.>

Thanks

Installer needs a better icon so it's similar to Cydia's, iTunes and App Store's icon. ie. the circle in the icon, they all look similar, pretty cool and even more cooler if installer adopts that idea.
    Didn't Nullriver own Installer, didn't they also develop NetShare, why not put Netshare on Installer or Cydia.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Installer needs a better icon so it's similar to Cydia's, iTunes and App Store's icon. ie. the circle in the icon, they all look similar, pretty cool and even more cooler if installer adopts that idea.
    Didn't Nullriver own Installer, didn't they also develop NetShare, why not put Netshare on Installer or Cydia.
    Installer needs more than just a fancier icon...which you can change to any icon you want now.

Netshare is not necessary anymore now that free apps let you achieve the same goal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lostgame View Post
    It's sad, because RipDev's decision to rewrite the software from scratch instead of keeping it's beloved and useful interface caused installer to become essentially obsolete. If they'd released it back when everyone was ******** about hating Cydia, Installer could've had a chance. Now? It's dead, just like Kate. Freeware technologies have more or less made it obsolete.

I'm waiting for Saurik to program his own intelliscreen. >.>
    I've always wanted to use Kate but it never seems to work and I still want to use Installer. Intelliscreen like program would be awesome if Saurik developed one, I heard Intelliscreen is very buggy for now.

Installer UI + Cydia = best 3rd party installer for iPhone
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 09-26-2008 at 11:58 AM.

iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Who cares about the UI! Why bog down a perfectly good, working program like Cydia with a fancier or as some put it "prettier" UI? All the matters to me is that I can install cool apps or new features without my iphone wigging out each time.

I personally like the straightforward UI of Cydia, seriously, do we really need an oversized pretty icon to represent each app or folder? If so, why? Cydia has perfectly good folders, easy to understand sections, has additional info for each app, easy install and uninstall process! So I ask again, do you really want to fix something that isn't broken by making it "prettier" and possibly affecting the speed and stability? Personally, I think it's just that some people are never satisfied and will always find something to pick on or complain about. But hey, that is just my opinion.
    Last edited by dr33Rocks; 09-26-2008 at 03:42 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dr33Rocks For This Useful Post:

mbaharvard (09-26-2008)

Thanks
    really? I just updated my sources, no updates about installer, yet.
    maybe updating community sources could help...
    on my second iPhone... (although the first one got taken)...
    fw: 1.1.4
    size: 8gb
    service: at&t
    unlocked & jailbroken!

iPhone? More like MyPhone wgm214's Avatar
    Thanks

anyone wondering, ik someone was, to delete installer ssh and navigate to /applications. delete installer. also id like to get rid of installer but idk any cydia sources with cracked apps, anyoen care to help me out

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wgm214 For This Useful Post:

avnyc11 (09-26-2008)

Thanks

to paulart:
    If you go a page back you won't be so lost.....you 19.99 iPhoneVideoRecorder! LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I updated the community sources in installer and got the endless spinning wheel, then after a hard reset, got the endless boot logo. I SSH'd in while iTunes was open and the phone came back on without having to do anything else.

All this crap has me asking myself, why in the heck did they change installer from what it was on the original iPhone? It used to be awesome....now it's borderline unusable. Just roll it back to it's former self.

DW

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wgm214 View Post
    anyone wondering, ik someone was, to delete installer ssh and navigate to /applications. delete installer. also id like to get rid of installer but idk any cydia sources with cracked apps, anyoen care to help me out
    thank you for the help, but are there any other files or directories i need to delete and does this simply remove the icon from my springboard or doesit remove the app and all its settings and files?

Thanks

i wouldnt know for sure, but i think it should delete the whole app(including its setting and files. Also if u delete installer i think u might be able to still keep what uve installed from installer

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by avnyc11 View Post
    anyone know how to completely remove installer without restoring, like through ssh'ing?
    tia
    This already may have been answered but I don't want to fish through all of the posts .... Just SSH into applications, delete Installer and reboot - done!

Quote Originally Posted by wgm214 View Post
    I wonder why you have cracked apps to begin with! And why would you post that as an issue? Which "cracked" apps are you running, and, again, why? You will not find any sources on Cydia with cracked apps and I am appalled that Installer ever even had them.....
    Last edited by mbaharvard; 09-26-2008 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mbaharvard For This Useful Post:

avnyc11 (09-26-2008)

UiK
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Go Cydia!

Thanks

So, what's the general consensus? Is it still a waste of time?
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Kind of sad to see it die... try as they might I don't even see hardcore fans going back to installer. Kinda sucks since it WAS so good.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

I knew i should have specified this on my original post, i download the cracked cersions of appstore apps in order to test them, for example i almost bought super monkey ball but after testing the cracked app i realized it was pure garbage. ps: apps ive bought after trying their cracked app: crashbandicoot, engimo, and suberball2. is that enough reason to justify wanting cracked app cydia sources.