Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G now coming to 29 more countries!!

Thanks

Exclamation iPhone 3G now coming to 29 more countries!!
    After Apple has finished the phase 1 and 2 of launching iPhone 3G worldwide, it is now launching the phase 3.

In the first phase they released iPhone in 22 countries on 11th July, 2008 which included Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and the US.

After that, the second phase was launched in 22 more countries on 22nd August, 2008 i.e. just more than a month which included countries like Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, India, Liechtenstein, Macau, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, and Uruguay.

Now, they have launched the third phase. All the countries will not get it on the same day unlike first two phases out of which many will get the phone as soon as this weekend!

The countries included in phase 3 are Botswana, Brazil, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Croatia, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Latvia, Lithuania, Madagascar, Mali, Malta, Mauritius, Nicaragua, Niger, Panama, Russia, Qatar, Senegal, South Africa, Turkey, and Venezuela.

This makes a total of 73 countries covering Apple's objective of covering more than 70 countries by the end of the year!

Some notable exclusions from the third phase are China and Korea. It seems that the judiciary is making things difficult for Apple but we hope they will be added soon.

[Apple via AppleInsider]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -countries.png  

******* sweet, they coming to JAMAICA
    EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST | TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FUTURE

Panama? wow Finally and i wonder with who? Movistar or Cable&Wireless from the UK?
    I bet Telefonica got the Deal!

Cheers

does this mean that it will include the localized language for these countries ??

hey bug3000 you from Jamaica

Looks like eBay prices are gonna go down a bit.

I hope in Saudi Arabia soon

Still no Puerto Rico? That's weird, it'll come out in the Dominican Republic first, maybe since everyone in PR that wants an iPhone already has one

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

wow, wait till nigerian scam emails start......."dear sir, our prince would like to be pay you for several iphones and we will give you a fee for handling and shipping" hahahahahahahahaha

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple are going to surpass the 10 million target.
    Damn!! I was hoping for them to fail and then feel miserable and then make the iPhone really, really, really cheap. So they'd realise that the iPhone needs Video, MMS and C&P to compete with other phones and therefore a massive iPhone update.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

what does that mean for us in jamaica?

as usual they include alot of countries but never Lebanon, where by the way almost anyone who knows how to use a mobile has an IPhone, i even saw a 3g once, weird, knwoing that it is still locked.

anyway, since qatar, egypt and jordan will have it soon it will be easy for us to get t as well. as usual either stolen or bought and resold or simply under the table phones.

MEH as long as we have it near..

Hack the planet!
    Hmm...

They left out Pakistan, i think our turn will come after Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by sethulhu View Post
    as usual they include alot of countries but never Lebanon, where by the way almost anyone who knows how to use a mobile has an IPhone, i even saw a 3g once, weird, knwoing that it is still locked.

anyway, since qatar, egypt and jordan will have it soon it will be easy for us to get t as well. as usual either stolen or bought and resold or simply under the table phones.

MEH as long as we have it near..

yeah nothing is released in lebanon damn u apple!!!!
    why almost everyone here uses the iphone just frikin release it !!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by liteon6x View Post
    hey bug3000 you from Jamaica
    Yea man

Quote Originally Posted by richtoyz View Post
    what does that mean for us in jamaica?
    They are probably just making it official on the MiPhone network that's all, hopefully digicel will follow, then slow *** cable and wireless

Quote Originally Posted by OPTICS View Post
    Looks like eBay prices are gonna go down a bit.
    I don't think so, aslong as they have the off contract prices they still gonna be expensive, as far as we know apple is making more $$$, and still going to have contracts abroad, its not gonna be any cheaper, My $0.02
    Last edited by thebug3000; 09-24-2008 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST | TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FUTURE

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalhotra View Post
    They left out Pakistan, i think our turn will come after Afghanistan
    It probably won't come to Pakistan because people there don't like contract phones and seeing as sales are slow in India, it'll be even slower in Pakistan. Pakistan comes after India and before Afghanistan. Theres already unlocked 2G iPhones there, most of them will be still on 1.1.4 because people there won't have computers to update to latest fw.

Btw, if you haven't figured out, I'm of Pakistani origin.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 09-24-2008 at 05:27 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    It probably won't come to Pakistan because people there don't like contract phones and seeing as sales are slow in India, it'll be even slower in Pakistan. Pakistan comes after India and before Afghanistan. Theres already unlocked 2G iPhones there, most of them will be still on 1.1.4 because people there won't have computers to update to latest fw.

Btw, if you haven't figured out, I'm of Pakistani origin.
    nobody likes contracts. The reason for not releasing to Pakistan is something else. I'm personally surprised that they are not going into such a large market. There are plenty of people in Pakistan who flaunt their wealth by displaying the latest and greatest phones, iphone 3G would be no exception.

26 september aviable in my country - Latvia

*crossing fingers for korea* i hope they lift that stupid wipi law... I had to rethink moving there if that meant living without my iphone LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast