Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Recalls iPhone 3G Ultra-compact Adapter.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skb875 View Post
    Yep, gotta send it back.
    "It is very important to return the original power adapter to Apple. We will provide you with pre-paid shipping materials for the return."

it says it is veryimportant to send it back. But they ship you the new one first, then you send them the old one. SO just say you forgot...but if it does break and something bad happens, its your fault.

Mine bent while charging the first day while waiting 4 hours to activate my iphone

mine made me kill my neighbors...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

mine did the job for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

If apple gives me credit I want that money that DAY. I don't let others hold my money....... they always find a way to wiggle out.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

I have never even used that power adapter. I'm using the USB cable thats plugged into my Mac. Actually I stopped using the USB cable that came with the 3g because it was scratching the side of the plastic. Currently using an iPod USB cable, which I prefer because it has those two triggers on the sides that retracts the medal pieces that connect to the port.

Here is more info:

Apple has issued a recall on the USB power adapter included with the iPhone 3G. Apple has received reports of the metal prongs breaking off of the adapter and remaining lodged in power outlets, creating the risk of electric shock.

According to Apple's support article on the recall, the adapter was included with every iPhone 3G sold in the US, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Peru. The adapter was also available as a standalone accessory in those countries, as well as Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, and Panama.
    Users with ultracompact power adapters should immediately stop using them until they exchange them for a new, redesigned ultracompact adapter.

In the meantime, they should charge their iPhone 3G by connecting it to their computer with the USB cable that came with their iPhone or by using a standard-sized Apple USB Power Adapter (with fold up prongs) or with a third party adapter designed to work with the iPhone, such as a car charger.

Apple notes that replacement adapters, which will not be available until October 10th, will contain a green dot on them in order to make identification simple.

Affected users may order a replacement adapter via Apple's web-based form or in person at an Apple retail store beginning October 10th.
    Last edited by OPTICS; 09-20-2008 at 05:11 AM.

Thanks
    how about if I filled the form and sent it already but don't have the charger on me? (sold it with 2G phone) LOL do you think apple'll charge me??

I mean I can always say it got toasted while in the outlet to an unretrievable extent!!!

Does apple monitor this forum??? LOL
    Last edited by aboudiiiiii; 09-21-2008 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

When reading the site about the recall it says it will start shipping them out after october 10th so they do not want me to charge my phone for 4 weeks.HHHAHAHHAHHHHHALLOLLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vhicke View Post
    When reading the site about the recall it says it will start shipping them out after october 10th so they do not want me to charge my phone for 4 weeks.HHHAHAHHAHHHHHALLOLLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL
    Or, or, and I'm just wildly guessing here, maybe, just maybe; they want you to use your computer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default help
    i bought it from canada and i am in egypt now
    the dealer has no iphone can i pay the shipping costs ?
    any contact email for them ?

kewl. sucks for apple

IT'S MANBEARPIG!
    I told you it was real!

Device: iPhone 2G 16 GB
    Firmware: 2.2.1 Unlocked + Jailbroken w/ Quickpwn.
    Computer: Windows XP & Vista (64 Bit)

Thanks

I got a text from Rogers today when I was at school. I didn't even know they were recalled 4 days ago! Anyways mine stays in my wall so thers not really any risk of it breaking off if I don't touch it... but I'll probably send it back seeing that I'm such a great person
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

So, I got mine. Came in a huge box.

Did anyone seed his old one back?

Thanks

err, I'll send mine back tomorrow. They sent a threat along with each box. lol. Basically, "Send it back or we'll charge your credit card, yes, that's why we made you buy the phone with a credit card."

Quote Originally Posted by 461am View Post
    err, I'll send mine back tomorrow. They sent a threat along with each box. lol. Basically, "Send it back or we'll charge your credit card, yes, that's why we made you buy the phone with a credit card."
    Where exactly are you reading this? I don't see anything like it on the paper they sent with the replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by zoti View Post
    Where exactly are you reading this? I don't see anything like it on the paper they sent with the replacement.
    It says: "If you do not arrange collection of the return envelope/box within 10 business days of the date on which you receive this letter, Apple will have the right to charge your credit card a non-return fee in the amount described at the time of order confirmation, as you agreed when you requested a repair from AppleCare Service."

If I remember correctly, the price was $29
    wwjd

Quote Originally Posted by skb875 View Post
    It says: "If you do not arrange collection of the return envelope/box within 10 business days of the date on which you receive this letter, Apple will have the right to charge your credit card a non-return fee in the amount described at the time of order confirmation, as you agreed when you requested a repair from AppleCare Service."

If I remember correctly, the price was $29
    The letter I got doesn't say that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's not in the letter, it's on the back of the shipping label - the one you're supposed to tear off in order to return the package (the prepaid return postage is under it)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12