Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iFuntastic 3.0.3 out!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default iFuntastic 3.0.3 out!
    iFuntastic 3.0.3 is now out, with a new method of jailbreaking called "unshackling" as well as PPC support!

Download here.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

some people's request have been answered - sweet

looking through the features it looks fantastic! Did anybody here already use it and can comment here?
    Last edited by iphoneroeth; 08-30-2007 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This version is crazy. It creates a total of 24 new apps (!!!!). It screws up Launcher.app and the new Dock. The background option is nuts, since it slices and dices the background so that each icon is part of the puzzle that makes up the entire screen. Sorry to say, but this is simply too intrusive and treats the iPhone as if iFuntastic were the only app out there.

Now, there are some good points about the app, since it is now PPC compatible and the unschackling option beats jailbreaking. The file browser is also cool, but the price you pay is a ridiculous addition of 24 apps whose sole purpose is to assemble an icon screen...

Having (potential) apps and pages show up when using the new "Dock" app is annoying! Tried to delete these apps under the file manager but just cannot get rid of them! Anhy hackers know how to get rid of these apps from appearing while "Dock" is active?

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down doesn't work for me
    I tried for 2 hours to get this to "unshackle" my iphone with no luck. I used the previous version (2.5) without any problems and nothing else on my system has changed. I think this needs a beta designation with a capital B.

For those interested it quits on "eagle has landed.." screen with
    iphone->disk ++iphone++->talking to iphone timeout in 0.."
    system is mac pro , iphone is 8G with plenty of free space.

bummer this looked promising. Hopefully next update wil come soon.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

where the hell is the PC version !!
    ARTHURSDOMAIN
    ModMyI.com Apps Reviewer

Retired ModMyi.com Moderator

Follow me on twitter: twitter.com/laynem

Reviewed Apps:
    Oregon Trail, Who Has The Biggest Brain, Lock Puzzle, Tweetie

Want an app reviewed? PM me with the app name

Default Are you kidding?
    I just changed all my home screens icons and went back to re-arrange the order, and it changed them all back to the default icons... Any way around this?

Also, everytime I use the Dock BG with it, it shows the names of the icons, but not phone, or text, it shows up as MobilePhone, and MobileSMS, etc...
    Last edited by Sailadayaway; 08-31-2007 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dinky View Post
    Having (potential) apps and pages show up when using the new "Dock" app is annoying! Tried to delete these apps under the file manager but just cannot get rid of them! Anhy hackers know how to get rid of these apps from appearing while "Dock" is active?
    I'm having the same issue, except with the Launcher application. Has anyone figured out how to remove applications?

Default hate it
    Dude, I hate this new version. Every 4 seconds it pops up saying communication error! And I know that its communiating. Thanks, but no thanks i'm sticking with 2.5

Also whats up with the color background for the home screen icons? There is no way to make them transparent and you always have to have a color. Also the icons have full names displayed like mobilemusicplayer displayed for the ipod instead of just iPod.

I figured out a work around where you can replace the icons on the home screen and have it be transparent with no background color.

In the iFuntastic Support folder, there is a TempFiles2 >>> Homescreen folder. In there is the icons that show up on the left side of the iFuntastic 3 screen where you drag the apps to reorder the home screen. With the iFuntastic application running, replace these icons in the folder with whatever icons you would like to customize. Make sure to name the icons exactly the same way they are named in that "TempFiles2 >> Homescreen " folder.

Within the iFuntastic application, the icons will not register but when you drag it onto the iphone to arrange, it will display the modified icons.
    Just update the phone and you have icons that are transparent without background!

Just remember if you quit or restart the program, the icons that you modified in the folder revert back to their normal state so backup that HomeScreen folder somewhere else.

still haven't figured out how to modify the stupid full names of the icons though.
    Last edited by dragynstar; 08-31-2007 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dragynstar For This Useful Post:

youngcap (09-06-2007)

Default Help!!
    Umm i don't kno how 2 use this it doesn't work like the old one i'm a win vista user could u give us a manual

can u give us a manual i dont kno how to use this...its not like tha old one

hey man can u help me wit this new ifuntastic
    Last edited by HighlandHoodlum; 08-31-2007 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by dragynstar View Post

still haven't figured out how to modify the stupid full names of the icons though.
    A post addressing this is here http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3551

yeah the extra 20 iFun apps install is ridiculous.

Also... I edit my homepage once and then it updates and then it won't do it again. I continue to change it in iFuntastic and it just doesn't load in my phone. I guess I get one shot eh? so Reformat once again and make it perfect.... hahahaha

And no I don't still use windows.... stupid newb message board titles. I've been using a Mac exclusively for 7 years. And using Apple all the way back to Oregon Trail on 5 1/4" floppies. Yeah I'm totally defending myself. hahaha

But I don't know why we freak out when it doesn't work perfectly.... I mean all of this is in fact a bunch of programmers hacking away at the iphone with dull machetes and all of us stumbling along.

I got it to work well enough to install the WoW theme then I used Mobile Finder to delete the iFun01-20.app(s) and the page1-4.app(s).

It works well enough. Just took a few times and a few restores. But hey it reminds me of typing commands into DOS and making boot disks to run Tie Fighter.
    Last edited by jimmyhazard; 09-05-2007 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mooseman View Post
    Dude, I hate this new version. Every 4 seconds it pops up saying communication error! And I know that its communiating. Thanks, but no thanks i'm sticking with 2.5
    this keeps happening to me as well. i have tried every combination of restarting reinstalling and restoring. it still says that there is a "communication error" and i am unable to modify the phone eventhough it says that the iphone has been "unshackled". help.please

i am using a macbook and i have used ifuntastic 3.0.3 succesfully before on a differnt iphone.( traded it today for $100 and an 8gig!)

iPhone? More like MyPhone iPhone1118's Avatar
    Thanks

until the next update fixes some compatibility issues (summerboard, installer, the dock, launcer, ect) i've decided its just not worth it
    I am the MacBook Pro