+ Reply
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: We haz Windows Quickpwn 2.1!!!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by cpjr Haha, sorry bout that. p_f wanted the links added so I was in the middle of editing its ok, no biggie. just glad to have JBed
    iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Haha, sorry bout that. p_f wanted the links added so I was in the middle of editing
    its ok, no biggie. just glad to have JBed my phone.

BTW, everyone, i just quickpwned my phone WITHOUT a fresh restore. Everything was smooth. But i did backup my phone first... just in case .

thanks dev team, and good luck everyone else.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ctriche View Post
    Can some one help me out with the above....I hate to be a pain but i'm new to the site. I don't really know where to start. and I don't want to mess my phone up.
    I would. If I was you.

You'll want to do a "refurbish" in Ziphone first, that will "clean" up everything on the phone and take it back to OTB condition. Obviously back up everything first.

Then upgrade to 2.1 firmware with Itunes. After that use Quickpwn to "unlock" and "jailbreak" the phone. Just do everything correctly and you shouldnt have any issues.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I would. If I was you.

You'll want to do a "refurbish" in Ziphone first, that will "clean" up everything on the phone and take it back to OTB condition. Obviously back up everything first.

Then upgrade to 2.1 firmware with Itunes. After that use Quickpwn to "unlock" and "jailbreak" the phone. Just do everything correctly and you shouldnt have any issues.
    Thanks alot. I assume when I open ZIphone I'll see the refurbish link. Haven't opened it since I unlocked it back in May.

Also one last question. I know I'll be backing it up but will I lose everything on the phone??

Thanks

^^You will lose all your "hacked" apps, etc. Anytime you upgrade the phone gets wiped.

Your settings, sms, contacts, etc can be backed up in Itunes.

Oh, and welcome to MMi!

Thanks

The Dev Team comes thru yet again! Thanks.

Thanks

I had the same problem as the above poster. As in, the phone kept rebooting itself after my quickpwn 2.1.

Originally I had installed Apple's 2.1 update and I think doing this quickpwn stuff OVER it is what is causing some major issues... anyway I had to do a 'fresh out of the box' restore and THEN quickpwn with the new software.

Worked fine! Although this all took me 2 hrs... haha
    Last edited by handa; 09-19-2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Where can I download the 2.1 firmware? It is not in the downloads section of this site as said before. I tried to just "download" it from itunes but I don't know where it is saved. I read it's in App Data.. but I don't even have that folder for some reason.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c.nash View Post
    Where can I download the 2.1 firmware? It is not in the downloads section of this site as said before. I tried to just "download" it from itunes but I don't know where it is saved. I read it's in App Data.. but I don't even have that folder for some reason.
    In win XP, like this:

CDocuments and Settings\your_profile_name\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates\

My best

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You can download any firmware files for the iphone in our downloads section of this site.

Also, I went ahead and linked that section to the main page.
    Thanks, but i dont think 2.1 3G firmware is up in the downloads section yet. unless im missing something.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Khraudo View Post
    Thanks, but i dont think 2.1 3G firmware is up in the downloads section yet. unless im missing something.
    Hmmm, sorry. Nevermind. I swear I thought it was there, *scratching head*.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hmmm, sorry. Nevermind. I swear I thought it was there, *scratching head*.
    np ^^ ill try to find it on my computer... i should have it if i dl'd it from itunes right?

Thanks

np ^^ ill try to find it on my computer... i should have it if i dl'd it from itunes right?
    Right Here:
    CDocuments and Settings\your_profile_name\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates\
    (Thanks Abobader for keeping me from looking it up )

Im also happy to report, upgrading straight to 2.1 from 2.0.2 and quickpwning without cleaning up all the crap I had on my Iphone......SO TOTALLY CRASHED IT.

But as we're already aware of. Alot depends on the AppStore apps you have installed. Oh well, DFU here I go.

Edit: After a clean restore it worked flawlessly.
    Last edited by cpjr; 09-19-2008 at 05:51 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Right Here:
    Cocuments and Settingsyour_profile_nameApplication DataApple ComputeriTunesiPhone Software Updates

Im also happy to report, upgrading straight to 2.1 from 2.0.2 and quickpwning without cleaning up all the crap I had on my Iphone......SO TOTALLY CRASHED IT.

But as we're already aware of. Alot depends on the AppStore apps you have installed. Oh well, DFU here I go.

Edit: After a clean restore it worked flawlessly.
    hmm, so if my phone is jailbroken and customized, i should remove all the customizations using cydia/installer apps right? like winterboard, mmi, categories etc?

Thanks

^^Well, its probably a 50/50 chance of something crashing.

In my opinion, I always like to do a clean restore in Itunes before pwning, not syncing and leaving all apps, etc off the phone until AFTER I pwn.

Some people dont have problems, some do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^^Well, its probably a 50/50 chance of something crashing.

In my opinion, I always like to do a clean restore in Itunes before pwning, not syncing and leaving all apps, etc off the phone until AFTER I pwn.

Some people dont have problems, some do.
    Hmmm, i dont mind doing a clean restore, but will i lose my song list? Because i went through alot of trouble renaming every song and genre

iPhone? More like MyPhone elr0y7's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm, so if my phone is jailbroken and customized, i should remove all the customizations using cydia/installer apps right? like winterboard, mmi, categories etc?
    Yeah, you wanna turn off all winterboard mods, delete all categories folder, and basically try to make your phone look like it did when it was stock. You shouldn't have to delete any apps though, check out this guide: GUIDE, Upgrade from Jailbroken 2.0.2 to Jailbroken 2.1 without losing ANYTHING!!
    I added a couple notes at the end of that thread for the windows quickpwn method. Other than that I followed that method and it worked great.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

17. The Following User Says Thank You to elr0y7 For This Useful Post:

Khraudo (09-19-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elr0y7 View Post
    Yeah, you wanna turn off all winterboard mods, delete all categories folder, and basically try to make your phone look like it did when it was stock. You shouldn't have to delete any apps though, check out this guide: GUIDE, Upgrade from Jailbroken 2.0.2 to Jailbroken 2.1 without losing ANYTHING!!
    I added a couple notes at the end of that thread for the windows quickpwn method. Other than that I followed that method and it worked great.
    awesome, that is for mac os x though, are the steps the same for pc? do i need to ssh transfers all the applications into their new folders with the windows quickpwn?

EDIT: sorry, i read your notes at the end of the thread. thanks
    Last edited by Khraudo; 09-19-2008 at 06:02 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

is there anyway to upgrade to 2.1 and jailbreak without losing anything?

I know there's a guide like this for macs, but is there anything like this for windows?

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone elr0y7's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adamnur View Post
    is there anyway to upgrade to 2.1 and jailbreak without losing anything?

I know there's a guide like this for macs, but is there anything like this for windows?

Thanks
    Yeah, check that guide I just linked too, it's now the same for pc since Quickpwn 2.1 was the only thing preventing us from following that method.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elr0y7 View Post
    Yeah, check that guide I just linked too, it's now the same for pc since Quickpwn 2.1 was the only thing preventing us from following that method.
    haha to be honest im a little afraid ill brick my iphone. this is my second time pwning, and i have no idea how to restore the phone if something goes wrong... i understand i have to enter DFU mode (or something), and itunes should do the restoring?