Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mysterious iPhone Data Matrix Revealed!

Thanks

Exclamation Mysterious iPhone Data Matrix Revealed!
    According to a latest report at engadget, an Australian guy was actually able to locate the matrix code on back side of an iPhone (just by chance)!

This is not the actual data matrix which was found but just a googled image!

This guy was just test driving his camcorder's night vision when he found this interesting bit hidden under the left side of rear panel. Though he was unable to recognize what it was but soon understood that it was a data matrix code!

Why can't we see this?

Now, when I saw this, I thought it to be another photoshopped pic but it is actually present there. Just flash some light on the rear panel's left side to make it visible.

Possibly, this code could be a minor matrix with the IMEI etc imprinting but maybe apple wants us to think the same by hiding (not really) it in front of our eyes!

So, for now we leave it to all you decoding geeks. So, get your hands on one of the decoder apps on AppStore and decode the iPhone mystery the iPhone style.

[Whirlpool Australian Forums via Engadget]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dsc00012ej1.jpg   -dsc00014ij1.jpg   -not_the_actual_barcode.jpg  
    Last edited by sayam; 09-18-2008 at 11:50 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sayam For This Useful Post:

OneRing2Rule (09-18-2008)

I'm assuming this is only on 3G phones, and can you see it through the case or is it underneath it, the picture is kinda unclear. I'd look for myself but i have a 2G.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

is it on the white ones too?

interesting *gets lamp to blind himself looking for this*
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

yeah, this is either a scam or they didn't put it on the white ones.
    what color is it supposed to be? is it on the surface or do you have have something bright enough to shine through the plastic?

Quote Originally Posted by boorahdurukan View Post
    I don't see it.
    i second that.
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

Thanks

i can't see it on my white one... im assuming its there and its a more dense plastic that you can't see through *OR* its not there... one of the 2.. haha
    iPhone 3G 16gb white with 3.0b5
    iPod touch 1st gen 8gb
    iMac 20" 2.66
    appleTV 40gb
    PowerBook G4
    iPod 5.5 30gb
    iPod mini 4gb
    dell mini9 hacked with os x 10.5.6

Thanks
    Well I, and a few other folks are getting
    '0880807B080802351448XAB'

Any ideas? =/

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

What exactly does this mean?
    iLive an iLife

Gonna have to cry fake on this one. iFixit did a really nice job of stripping down a 3G and it's not in the pictures. iPhone 3G - iFixit: iPod, iBook, & PowerBook Parts and Accessories

unless it's "in" the case plastic itself???

Edit: Whoops, it's real! http://static4.ifixit.com/igi/PidOJN3NMK1ZypTG.large and http://static4.ifixit.com/igi/I6cLP6cHcNTJVLVi.large
    It's on the inside of the plastic case.

OneRing2Rule
    Last edited by OneRing2Rule; 09-18-2008 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Changed my fsking mind
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OneRing2Rule For This Useful Post:

JimMag01010 (09-19-2008), sirius69 (09-18-2008)

Thanks
    The matrix is visible in the following image from iFixit

freaky thing now

Quote Originally Posted by OneRing2Rule View Post
    Gonna have to cry fake on this one. iFixit did a really nice job of stripping down a 3G and it's not in the pictures. iPhone 3G - iFixit: iPod, iBook, & PowerBook Parts and Accessories

unless it's "in" the case plastic itself???

Edit: Whoops, it's real! http://static4.ifixit.com/igi/PidOJN3NMK1ZypTG.large and http://static4.ifixit.com/igi/I6cLP6cHcNTJVLVi.large
    It's on the inside of the plastic case.

OneRing2Rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwharmsby View Post
    The matrix is visible in the following image from iFixit

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo, another person gets shutdown like saurik did to iphone video recorder!
    what did the five fingers say to the face? SMACK!!!!!!!!
    sorry, had to put that one in, but now u can cry something else "OneRing2Rule" becuase unlike ifixit, you didnt do a good job to get your info....ur still the man tho' !
    Last edited by z3r01; 09-18-2008 at 04:47 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

Jwharmsby (09-18-2008)

am i missing something or does this actually mean anything to me (or any of us to that matter) ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo, another person gets shutdown like saurik did to iphone video recorder!
    what did the five fingers say to the face? SMACK!!!!!!!!
    sorry, had to put that one in, but now u can cry something else "OneRing2Rule"
    Haha, fun stuff!

And irish83,
    A couple of us got the above numbers and letters from the QR code, so unless you can pull something from that, I wouldnt worry too much

Quote Originally Posted by xxirish83x View Post
    am i missing something or does this actually mean anything to me (or any of us to that matter) ?
    well, really....it doesnt really mean alot until someone finds out what it means...could be some parts info, phone info, it could be the secret to the answer of life...who knows, until then, its just interesting news to see...
    i would rather love to read about an interesting sticker found then read another "im stuck on 2.1 jailbreak spining wheel which one do i download apple steve dying stuck on step 3 cant" thread
    Last edited by z3r01; 09-18-2008 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxirish83x View Post
    Figuring out little bits of info like this lead to other little bits of info and when a lot of little bits of info get put together you get larger pieces of info and with that info you can figure our how things work and with that you can do something.

Or so I'm told.

Thanks

wait i got it
    damm its the unlock code for the phone
    my 3G is now unlocked

Suckers !!!
    Last edited by MPS3; 09-18-2008 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by JTik View Post
    Figuring out little bits of info like this lead to other little bits of info and when a lot of little bits of info get put together you get larger pieces of info and with that info you can figure our how things work and with that you can do something.

Or so I'm told.
    and with your little bit of info, combined with mine, totals 6 times the word "info" has been said lol
    nah but i agree with you too thats how we discover new things and sharing it makes it better

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast