Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhoneModem with zsrelay - Secure, Solid, and Free

Hi all

With my bad english :

iPhoneModem 1.0 opens 2 additional Ports 5555 and 5556. On this ports were on 14.09.2008 to 16.09.2008 verry high traffic in the Internet observed by Internet Storm Center ISC... on this Days the most People was testing Aditions iPhoneModem 1.0... The Ports well known as trojan ports for SendMe and BO Facil.

here my post for that

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/2241661-post76.html

Nobody know this and Adition don't say one word about open this 2 Ports also. A nmap scan on this Ports let the Adition's iPhoneModem 1.0 immediately crash... Security holes over security holes. Ether they don't know what they do or we have the first trojan helper on iPhone or they have send data about you and your iPhone and Mac.

Ciao Marco

PS: The nmap security portscanner is in my applikation. next version will have a security portscan for iPhone build in for use for everybody to prevent the iPhone on WLAN side to do things that nobody knows.
    Last edited by marcoxyz; 09-20-2008 at 03:08 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deceneu View Post
    AFter some research i found out a VERY easy method of sharring iphone's internet with you notebook. Im not into MAC so i just tested this method in Microsoft Windows Vista. You will be able to use every single application: yahoo messenger , any other time of messenger , internet explorer etc. any application will have internet if you fallow this guide.
    In this below method we will use a software that capture all network traffic from your microsoft running PC and forward the traffic to iphone's socks5 server.

You need to create an ad-hoc network connection betwen your iphone and your microsoft PC. After having the ad-hoc connection run Iphonemodem software on your iphone . On your microsoft PC install the Software called profixier (go to Proxifier - Bypass firewall and proxy, tunnel connections through an HTTPS and SOCKS proxy). You can use this software for 31 days . After the trial period you ll need to buy it for 39.99$ i guess unless you find a run around method to get it free(lol) After you install the software you need to go to OPTIONS>PROXY SETTINGS> use your iphone's IP and make sure you set the port to 1080. DONE!!!

You are good to go ...

P.S. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SET ANYTHING TO ANY PROGRAM . SIMPLY YOU NEED TO RUN PROXIFIER AND THIS SOFTWARE CAPTURES NETWORK TRAFFIC AND FORWARDS IT TO IPHONE'S SOCK5 SERVER USING THE AD-HOC CONNECTION THAT YOU CREATED!

ENJOY
    Working 100%. Thanks

At 1st, only Google Chrome would work. No IE7, MSN, Yahoo, nothing else. Drove me crazy for 2-3 hours. So I looked at the open connections with TCPView (from SysInternals). It showed I had additional routing servers installed --- like one from a 3-year old SE910 (MROUTE program for syncing). After killing this and mDNSResponder which had open connections, whoola .. it worked!! Don't know which caused the issue, but I guess neither were really needed. One day I'll test further, maybe...

And also important, don't change any proxy settings for anything (for me, it was IE7, MSN, and Yahoo). The default --- NO proxies worked. Strange but true.

I hope somebody finds a FREE version they can post. At $40, it's not worth it for my limited use.

Mes

Quote Originally Posted by deceneu View Post
    AFter some research i found out a VERY easy method of sharring iphone's internet with you notebook. Im not into MAC so i just tested this method in Microsoft Windows Vista. You will be able to use every single application: yahoo messenger , any other time of messenger , internet explorer etc. any application will have internet if you fallow this guide.
    In this below method we will use a software that capture all network traffic from your microsoft running PC and forward the traffic to iphone's socks5 server.

You need to create an ad-hoc network connection betwen your iphone and your microsoft PC. After having the ad-hoc connection run Iphonemodem software on your iphone . On your microsoft PC install the Software called profixier (go to Proxifier - Bypass firewall and proxy, tunnel connections through an HTTPS and SOCKS proxy). You can use this software for 31 days . After the trial period you ll need to buy it for 39.99$ i guess unless you find a run around method to get it free(lol) After you install the software you need to go to OPTIONS>PROXY SETTINGS> use your iphone's IP and make sure you set the port to 1080. DONE!!!

You are good to go ...

P.S. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SET ANYTHING TO ANY PROGRAM . SIMPLY YOU NEED TO RUN PROXIFIER AND THIS SOFTWARE CAPTURES NETWORK TRAFFIC AND FORWARDS IT TO IPHONE'S SOCK5 SERVER USING THE AD-HOC CONNECTION THAT YOU CREATED!

ENJOY
    It works fine..I ran over my minutes

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

does thos not work for 2.1?? it doesn't show up after i install it from cydia.. i used to have it on 2.0.2 and it odwnload great from cydia now on 2.1 i can't get it to show up on my sb

Yes it does it is in the Setting Menu...

I can't seem to get this working , I have the havoc network setup and do the test in proxifier and it passes everything ok. But when I try any browser I get outgoing traffic but no incoming traffic.

Hope someone can help
    thanks in advance

That looks like Firewall... Open it.

Ciao Marco

thats what i thought too and wasnt the case

I've tried everything and I just can't seem to get this to work. I've followed the directions perfectly.

Everything connects, all green checks, it tells me "i am connected to the internet."

But nothing in Safari.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

try open any web page on iPhone safari

i tried that didn't work either thanks for the suggestion

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by antcuc View Post
    i tried that didn't work either thanks for the suggestion
    antcuc, you probably have this working now .... but if not, opening safari gets the carrier ip setup and running (I prefer opening the weather or stocks app --- short and sweet). Once the iphone can connect, then the computer has someplace to go .

No, it still doesn't work. I've tried that again. For kicks I tried it again this morning. Thanks though.

i dont no wut i am doing wrong but i cant even get past the iphone verification part?

iPhone verification?

Works great with safari, but cannot get Apple Mail to work...any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by antcuc View Post
    I've tried everything and I just can't seem to get this to work. I've followed the directions perfectly.

Everything connects, all green checks, it tells me "i am connected to the internet."

But nothing in Safari.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    it only works with safari right now i believe pkkaiser.

is anyone have the same problems as me?

Exclamation Please participate!
    Hi,

for all of you reading this:
    Marco and I are working on a solution which will give you a working tether for _all_ your Mac-Apps, not only Safari.
    (plus some other nice features.. maybe one-click setup..?? maybe window$/linux support??)

But for this we had (and still have) to do some heavy changes to our code base.
    We just don't feel secure enough to release this code jet.

If you're interested to help us test (and thus speed up the release)
    mailto:
    [email protected] for iPhone-App testing
    [email protected] for Desktop-App testing

We're terribly sorry for all of you who have experienced problems.
    But without a solid base of testers we aren't able to catch all
    possible bugs in time.

So please help us!

Cheers,
    Shirk
    ~ I rather burn my wings than never fly at all ~

how do I find out my iPhones ip address for the proxy?

Ty

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast