Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CraigsMobileList gets a Major Update

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amt View Post
    ^ yep. Still don't want to pay for something that I could just use the web for. =/
    word.

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

Free has always been my favorite price for anything but sometimes you just gotta pay to get the good stuff
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

a little birdy told me that this became available today

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...8&id=286574279

how the hell? I get no update

Default update keeps crashing
    I have 2.1 firmware, jailbroken with Winpwn. I never had any problem with the old version of CraigsMobile, but the new version crashes as soon as I do a search. Any ideas how to fix this?

SSHed into it and the permissions seem correct.

Thanks

I would rather pay if it was affiliated with craigslist. They are the most popular site for free listings. I would rather see them profit off of this than the current developer.
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitter-@danvicente

iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimnet View Post
    I have 2.1 firmware, jailbroken with Winpwn. I never had any problem with the old version of CraigsMobile, but the new version crashes as soon as I do a search. Any ideas how to fix this?

SSHed into it and the permissions seem correct.
    Yeah, kinda same here. I can search but I get a crash when I try to browse all listings for any specific category.
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

Quote Originally Posted by picassolsus View Post
    Yeah, kinda same here. I can search but I get a crash when I try to browse all listings for any specific category.
    There is a documented issue with jailbroken phones that used the initial release of Quickpwn for 2.0.1/2.0.2. The subsequent fix was to restore the phone and re-jailbreak using the newest version of Quickpwn. Just re-doing the jailbreak with the newer version without doing the restore first did not work. It seems that something in the specific jailbreak method breaks something that the browse function relies on.

We're working on figuring out exactly WHAT is different but it's an odd problem. We haven't had any issues reported on non-jailbroken phones and the vast majority of jailbroken phones seem to run the app with no problems whatsoever.

Default jailbroken phones
    I jailbroke my phone with the newest QuickPwn 2.1 and am still having the search crash issue.

I jailbroke my phone with the newest QuickPwn 2.1 and am still having the search crash issue.

Jim,

i'm going to do some testing on a jailbroken v2.1

We noticed the issues with the 2.0.1 quickpwn original release. We then restored to 2.0.2 and used the quickpwn gui for 2.0.2 and CML worked perfectly.

If you used the original quickpwn and then upgraded and did a "restore from backup" I wonder if that could have affected it. When we did the restore, we set it up as a new phone (wiped everything) and then just re-synched contacts and apps. Either way, I'll let you know what I come up with. We've only had 3 people report this problem.

I originally jailbroke my phone using Winpwn 2.5 (for the 2.0.2 FW). When 2.1 FW came out, I upgraded using iTunes, restored as a new phone, then used the new Quickpwn 2.1 to re-jailbreak it.

When Winpwn 3.0 comes out, I plan on re-doing the jailbreak and restoring again as a new phone. (I want a bigger partition size. Too buggy right now.)

Hope the extra helps. Thanks for working on it.

I originally jailbroke my phone using Winpwn 2.5 (for the 2.0.2 FW). When 2.1 FW came out, I upgraded using iTunes, restored as a new phone, then used the new Quickpwn 2.1 to re-jailbreak it.

When Winpwn 3.0 comes out, I plan on re-doing the jailbreak and restoring again as a new phone. (I want a bigger partition size. Too buggy right now.)

Hope the extra helps. Thanks for working on it.

I left this response in our forum for you, but for everyone else here you go:

I spoke with poorlad (developer of quickpwn) today regarding this issue. He told me that a version of quickpwn was altered and distributed by someone and that people who used it have experienced some odd issues. The fix is to do a restore on your phone, then in iTunes set it up as a new phone and then re-jailbreak using the official quickpwn version from iCommunity - Jailbreak information at a glance (links are on the page).

We have tested this today and verified that it does fix the problem.

I did a complete restore , new iPhone setup, jailbroke with quickpwn from this site and at first it worked flawlessly, now it started to crash on browsing

mines crashing also.

I agree with people earlier in this thread.... I don't want to pay for this. However givin the much nicer UI I may be inclined to purchase it. I have already spent $150 easy at the appstore, may as well drop another $3

mine is crashing in browse as well

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol
    Seerskey16

seerskey16.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12