Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: News: Apple Announces Simple, Affordable iPhone Rate Plans

Thanks

Default News: Apple Announces Simple, Affordable iPhone Rate Plans
    Only $20 extra a month or you can go slightly higher is 200 SMS is not enough. Unlimited data and 200 SMS for only $20 more than the normal voice plans.

This coincides with the $19.99 price point on the survey I took last month. Thank you! Thank You!

At&t Announces Simple, Affordable iPhone Rate Plans

Sorry guys, but I believe I just heard Verizon and T-Mobile throwing in the towel.

And here's the link from the Apple.com site on the rate plans:

iPhone Rate Plans

ONly $20 a month more. I couldn't be happier.
    Last edited by ColsTiger; 06-26-2007 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9&dateline=1181485574

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ColsTiger For This Useful Post:

editwizard (06-26-2007)

Wow this would be awesome, now I am 100% committed. Although at first I read this to be just the data part and that scared the hell out of me. If this is unlimited data with the low end of the mins for $60, that would be great.

They have added the rate plan specs to the apple site as well.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/easysetup/rateplans.html

I see that ColsToger had this already in the first post, either way it is all good for this money.
    Last edited by jforget1; 06-26-2007 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

For existing customers you just choose one of the following plans to go with your current voice plan.

Unlimited Data and 200 SMS - $20
    Unlimited Data and 1500 SMS - $30
    Unlimited Data and Unlimited SMS - $40

I tell you, the other big news is that the activation is done in iTunes, this is great for the people waiting in line, it should just be a matter of buying the unit, racing home and setting up. There will not be 50 people all waiting to go thru the long standard activation process at the store, just buy and go.

Well, at least we aren't being raped on the plan prices. I will be paying an additional 5 dollars a month from what I'm paying now. Go Applett

Go home and activate... no no no my man jforget1, PF and I will be waking up our MacBookPro's from sleep as they hand us our new iPhones and WHILE IN THE STORE we will be activating thru iTunes!!!

Oh, and from reading the press releases from Apple - it almost seems to say that existing at&t customers (like me) do NOT have to extend their contract - only 'upgrade' the existing account to add the $20 data plan.
    Last edited by editwizard; 06-26-2007 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wish I had a mac laptop to join you, have an iMac which will be my syncing unit at home, luckily I am a 5 min drive from the AT&T store. Now lets hope I can get one Friday.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by editwizard View Post
    Go home and activate... no no no my man jforget1, PF and I will be waking up our MacBookPro's from sleep as they hand us our new iPhones and WHILE IN THE STORE we will be activating thru iTunes!!!

Oh, and from reading the press releases from Apple - it almost seems to say that existing at&t customers (like me) do NOT have to extend their contract - only 'upgrade' the existing account to add the $20 data plan.
    Mine won't be a MBP, but this Gateway 17" laptop will be with me when I walk out the door of the At&t store. I'll be syncing and activating it right in the parking lot.

I will be activating in the parking lot as well on my mb.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

woooo $30 a month will suite me fine, I love you att

And I bet they lover your money

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    woooo $30 a month will suite me fine, I love you att
    I'm just going with the basic iPhone data plan. I'm used to only 100 SMS now, so 200 will seem like a gracious plenty for me.