+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Confirmed! iPHone activation done through iTunes

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I didn't think this would be possible but Apple has made it simple. This also included the ipHone rate plans. Watch the video: Apple iPHone Activation & Sync That means
    Thanks

Default Confirmed! iPHone activation done through iTunes
    I didn't think this would be possible but Apple has made it simple.

This also included the ipHone rate plans.

Watch the video:

Apple iPHone Activation & Sync

That means it won't take very long to buy your iPhones on Friday, because they'll be selling them just like iPods. Nothing to slow you down. All the credit check and plan decisions will be made on iTunes.

How Cool is that!
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9&dateline=1181485574

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ColsTiger For This Useful Post:

editwizard (06-26-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone editwizard's Avatar
    Thanks

Good GOLLY!

What ELSE can Apple just walk in and revolutionize by making it as simple as it should've been to begin with?!

PF was right- activation is iTunes.

Does this mean brick and mortar cellphone stores are now obsolete?

Thanks

Well they have been trying to make them obsolete for a while with sites like At&t.com. I've purchased two phones through them already and always thought it was more simple than going to the store and listening the salespeople. I didn't believe that Apple could do it through iTunes, but they certainly have and I couldn't be happier.

Of course for me, as a current At&t customer, it'll be pretty simple, but for new customers it will be much easier. I mean the entire credit check, porting phone numbers and everything done right through iTunes.

It's AMAZING!

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow, That is very amazing. That means none of the stupid; "how much is that plan again" or "can I get a deal since I...blah blah blah". Just walk in, buy your stuff, then go home and activate.

Thanks

I won't even make it home. I'll be syncing and activating in the parking lot of the At&t store. Gotta remind myself to make sure my battery is completely charged, but I don't think the syncing process will take too long.

iPhone? More like MyPhone editwizard's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, this now changes my plan of hunting for the right at&t store - I think I'm going to hang with PF at the Apple Store after all! There's going to be a real mob there - BUT there will be a mob of Apple-t-shirt-wearing-portable-credit-card-machine-toting people with stacks of iPhones there at the Apple mothership handing them out like iPods... then we'll just grab a comfy chair (or 2 sq. ft. of cold marble) and activate as nearby the store as we can get at the Wifi!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,779 Times in 1,213 Posts

Gotta love it. Looking forward to this Friday.

Side note: I wonder if AT&T hooked up with Apple for a redesign of their backend system as well? Cause activating is tougher than that for the EMPLOYEES of AT&T, much less for the consumer! AT&T's backend designers could learn a bit from Apple's designers.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

thats awesome.. but it's strange.. they took away the ringtones tab that used to be there when you sync your iphone as seen in the keynote.
    I hate windows..