+ Reply
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 1.1.4 Released for Iphone / iPod Touch

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by mdbsat well i wouldnt say EVERYTHING works fine, im mean i cant install most apps from the installer yet. some work some dont. no sprinboard or customize.
    maz
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mdbsat View Post
    well i wouldnt say EVERYTHING works fine, im mean i cant install most apps from the installer yet. some work some dont. no sprinboard or customize.

i am a mac user and used ziphone 2.4 to jailbreak.

i bought my iphone the first week they came out so whatever that means as far as what firmware i started with. i upgraded to and jail broke 1.1.2 then to 1.1.3 and now 1.1.4.

message me if you have any other questions
    Why "message me if u have any questions"?? Run it here so all of us can share it pal!
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mdbsat View Post
    well i wouldnt say EVERYTHING works fine, im mean i cant install most apps from the installer yet. some work some dont. no sprinboard or customize.

i am a mac user and used ziphone 2.4 to jailbreak.

i bought my iphone the first week they came out so whatever that means as far as what firmware i started with. i upgraded to and jail broke 1.1.2 then to 1.1.3 and now 1.1.4.

message me if you have any other questions
    thanks. i think this is useful for a lot of people. one more question

does google maps locate me work? that would be a biggie (it does not in my 1.1.3 JB)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Blaze's Fix
    what exactly is the package name of blaze's fix? I added his source and refreshed, but I can't find it.

Edit>> add http://blazeco.info/blaze.xml
    Last edited by Pyro2927; 02-27-2008 at 08:57 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
    thanks. i think this is useful for a lot of people. one more question

does google maps locate me work? that would be a biggie (it does not in my 1.1.3 JB)
    YES, I JUST checked it and sadly it pinpoints me right to my office!:P but mine worked on my jailbroken 1.1.3 as well so im not sure whats wrong.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Independence 1.1.4 Jailbreaks & Activates
    Independence Jailbreaks and Activates 1.1.4 but it doesn't UNLOCK it, so if you are on an official contract then you can use it BUT there is a chance that you will NOT be able to unlock your iphone till 1.1.5 is released as your BaseBand will be upgraded to 04.04.05_G

http://code.google.com/p/independence/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Browsing 1.1.4......
    Some people have talked about modifying systemversion.plist... what file browser are you using to access this file? iPhone browser doesn't recognise that it is jailbroken and therefore i can't browse all the files. Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikolis9 View Post
    Independence 1.1.4 Jailbreaks & Activates
    Independence Jailbreaks and Activates 1.1.4 but it doesn't UNLOCK it, so if you are on an official contract then you can use it BUT there is a chance that you will NOT be able to unlock your iphone till 1.1.5 is released as your BaseBand will be upgraded to 04.04.05_G

maz
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshysquashy View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong but they havnt released the new independence for 1.1.4 yet, and the current one won't run on 1.1.4 - they check the version before allowing an install, unlike ziphone.
    News

Feb. 26/08 - ok, so everything is in place for iNdependence to support firmware 1.1.4 except for SIM unlocking (jailbreak and activation are working quite nicely). Once a SIM unlock method is found, I'll drop it in and release a new version.

//Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

If any one is having problems with the 1.1.4 update and jailbreak try this: Be sure to uninstall all apps and restore back to a clean and "un-jailbroken" 1.1.3 state before the 1.1.4 upgrade and use ziphone for the jailbreak. this method should fix any problems that might come up and will help with re organizing your apps and so on. good luck!

If it this helps be sure to toss me a thank you. ;-)
    Last edited by A_SWELLGUY; 02-27-2008 at 10:39 AM. Reason: updated
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to A_SWELLGUY For This Useful Post:

mdbsat (02-27-2008)

Banned
    Thanks

how could i restore back to 1.1.3? im at 1.1.4 but i am having problems installing many things and even worse i am having problems un-installing apps. i am at 1.1.4 and jaiolbroken. any suggestions would be awesome. could i just restore back to a jailed 1.1.4 then re jailbreak to 1.1.4? would that help?

and what the heck does it mean when i get this error message when trying to instal an app from installer...

"Main script execution failed!"

anyone?
    Last edited by mdbsat; 02-27-2008 at 10:38 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shnarfin View Post
    I had the same problem with Yahoo! Push e-mail in 1.1.3. I had to go back to 1.1.2. Can anyone confirm if yahoo's push mail works in 1.1.4 jailbroken. In 1.1.3, I had to manually check for e-mail.
    Yes my Yahoo push mail now works! Upgraded to 1.1.4 and used Ziphone 2.4 to jailbreak

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

read read read and you will find all your answers. good luck!
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to A_SWELLGUY For This Useful Post:

jrlederer (02-27-2008)

maz
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro2927 View Post
    what exactly is the package name of blaze's fix? I added his source and refreshed, but I can't find it.

Edit>> add http://blazeco.info/blaze.xml
    Seems as they have taking it away for some reason buddy! Can´t find it either anymore :-(
    //Hack´z

Green Apple
    Thanks

SwellGuy, if you are replying to my PM publicly, I would have to persist in asking the question since it was an inquiry as to your personal opinion; cut & dry answer to the question of which firmware to go with currently simply does not exist! Fwiw: I was not just asking for an easy shortcut to find answer to my questions.

p.s.-> If the message above was not directed in response to my personal message asking which firmware you'd recommend me to run given the option, then please disregard this reply and continue to reply to my PM at your leisure. ha !!

thanks again, and have a nice day.
    I appreciate the time you are taking to deal with the posts, so thanks.

-jonathan
    USC School of Engineering
    Electrical Engineering Student

I am on 1.1.3 and am experiencing the "script execution" error that comes up whenever I am attempting to install packages from Installer 3.0. I am not sure the chronology of events that may have led up to this problem manifesting itself, but it certainly is annoying and I haven't yet gotten to the bottom of it yet. I you find out let me know, as I will for you.

Have a good one.

--jonathan
    Last edited by jrlederer; 02-27-2008 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    JUST TESTED: 2/27/08

For some odd reason my iphone, 1.1.3, did not let me make phone calls or sms.....I accidently updated to 1.1.4, and after that...well, you know how disappointed I was.

Anyhow, I did some research and what I did is restore to 1.1.1 using itunes, using ziphone for windows I put it on DFU mode. Then restore to 1.1.3 and jailbreak, activate, unlock using ziphone.... THAT EASY!!!!!

hope it helps
    DiTO

Green Apple
    Thanks

i Update using iTunes to 1.1.4 a 1.1.3 unlocked, and Ziphone not activate my iphone.

i select only to jailbreak and activate, not unlock. i never used ziphone in this iphone.
    Last edited by PlayStation3Br; 02-27-2008 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone matt.superman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nebby View Post
    Some people have talked about modifying systemversion.plist... what file browser are you using to access this file? iPhone browser doesn't recognise that it is jailbroken and therefore i can't browse all the files. Thanks.
    I had the same problem in 1.1.3 if you add "i.unlock.no" and then install ibrickr fix then you restart your phone and iphone browser will work and see all folders. (not sure if it will work in 1.1.4 though) give it a try and let us know.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to matt.superman For This Useful Post:

Nebby (02-27-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I install the ibrickr fix on 1.1.4 and iphone browser works good so far

iPhone? More like MyPhone therandy's Avatar
    Thanks

i upgraded to 1.1.4 yesterday....had a jailed 1.1.3 before....downloaded and ran ziphone for windows...clicked "only jailbreak" and my phone is fine...i can still use locate me, sms, phone, browser and installer app works like a charm THANKS

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dito0020 View Post
    JUST TESTED: 2/27/08

For some odd reason my iphone, 1.1.3, did not let me make phone calls or sms.....I accidently updated to 1.1.4, and after that...well, you know how disappointed I was.

Anyhow, I did some research and what I did is restore to 1.1.1 using itunes, using ziphone for windows I put it on DFU mode. Then restore to 1.1.3 and jailbreak, activate, unlock using ziphone.... THAT EASY!!!!!

hope it helps
    how did you put your iphone in DFU with ziphone?