+ Reply
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool & QuickPwn 2.1 Released - iTunes 8 Compatible

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
can someone tell me how to backup games before restore?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    can someone tell me how to backup games before restore?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bouzo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WillyDavidK View Post
    No he means it has to have been pwned in the past once before, which I believe you said yours was. Try using an older version of winpwn. The version doesn't really matter as your just using the program to get your phone to the 'white' dfu mode. Also I would suggest restoring to stock 2.1 before making another attempt.
    I've seen you mention this on a couple of occasions. Although people are just going directly with the CF, I'm curious why it's better to up to the stock 2.1 first and then go to the Custom 2.1.

I'm about to use your CF btw And as you say, as long as I've been pwned before going to the stock 2.1, iTunes will let me select the CF thereafter correct? Also, I am currently on 7.7, can I/should I go up to 8.0 first before any of this?

Thanks again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    I'm within my right to indicate in my post that there hasn't been a peep from the Dev's in 4 days. It would be nice to at least know somebody is working on it... it's really starting to seem like there's no Windows Quickpwn even coming!
    I'm not trying to be a PITA, but I need to get up to 2.1, my phone has been acting nutz ever since Cydia did that rash of updates over the weekend.
    Not trying to be rude or anything, but if you need your iPhone to work that desperately then maybe you should just stick to the standard firmware from Apple I would.

And also remember that we do not pay anything for the services of the dev-team so IMHO you are NOT within your right when you b**** about the dev-team's lack of response and lack of a windows solution right now just because it suits you. Unless of course you have donated a big chunk of money to them; then you can expect some sort of service.

We should all just be thankful to those who spend their spare-time developing software that we find useful.
    Last edited by tchprivate; 09-17-2008 at 02:06 AM.

Thanks

Hi guys,

Just chiming in the whole jb fiasco. I tried a lot of the suggestions here, but the one that ended up working for me was the Quickpwn method using DiskAid. But, I didn't have to uninstall Itunes 8. So far, so good.

Thanks for all the suggestions, otherwise, I would be screwed without this forum.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jailwut wunnow View Post
    I asked this earlier but no one responded. Can I just plug my syncd-to-windows-device to a mac and use pwnage? Then go back to pc and sync my stuff?
    Since you asked nicely.. short answer yes you can. That's how I did it and it worked perfectly. Just be sure to back up your data and just resync once your done.. hope that helped

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi and thank you Cash. Any chance of a 2.1 for windows?
    Thanks again...

Thanks

thx for my custom.ipsw man, so since I'm already on 2.1 JB/Unlocked I can just Restore again to this one right?

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    Well, you ARE rude, and clearly not practicing what you preach!
    somewhere in the high 400's I posted that I HAD read every post in this thread, AND i've been keeping up with it several times a day, EVERYDAY since last Friday. If YOU had been reading, instead of slamming me, you would have known that!!!!
    "The person" stated in that post that he would keep us posted too, and he hasn't posted 1 word since he made that statement on Saturday.
    I'm within my right to indicate in my post that there hasn't been a peep from the Dev's in 4 days. It would be nice to at least know somebody is working on it... it's really starting to seem like there's no Windows Quickpwn even coming!
    I'm not trying to be a PITA, but I need to get up to 2.1, my phone has been acting nutz ever since Cydia did that rash of updates over the weekend.

You all need to learn how to play nice together! Be nice. Nothing more pitiful than an "Internet tough person" also people need to stop griping about free software such as WINPWN etc... Its not their job to serve at a moments notice. We all made a decision to purchace a device with hopes of unlocking. And we got just that. If the software had some bugs then update it and pay AT&T as intended. Nothing I hate worse is people complaining about free help... Want want want... Sounds like the girl on Willy Wonka....Where is the squirls when you need them... :-) Not not pointing fingers to the quoted posters even though I believe some may need anger management. In fact the main reason I quoted this post is shed some insight and a work around for the windows users... Its not that easy but it works. One thing. While the iPhone does run a little faster keep in mind that for the most part for 2G users their is no real difference with signal or batt performance. Infact my 2g 16GB is running the same. A couple of apps on cydia still Crashed my iPhone...Sooooo I deleted them FIXED!!!! So if you are all hoping for a fix for unauthorised programs you are out of luck...
    However, If you are impatient/Windows user and need the 2.1 update now here is the instructions from quickpwn...

You must install iTunes 8 first, so if you don't have iTunes 8 download or update to it right now.

If you're using an iPhone, you must download iPhone 2.1 firmware using the below link:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....6_Restore.ipsw

If you're using an iPhone 3G, download iPhone 3G 2.1 firmware using the below link:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....6_Restore.ipsw

1. Open iTunes 8, and update to iPhone firmware 2.1.

2. After you're upgraded to firmware 2.1, uninstall iTunes 8.0, and install iTunes 7.7.* from the download link here:

Download iTunes 8.0.0.35 - FileHippo.com

3. Click --> Download QuickPWN iPhone 2.1 Jailbreak <--, or use any of these mirrors if this link doesn't work:
    Mirror 1, Mirror 2

4. Run the QuickPWN-GUI.exe file and browse and select your iPhone 2.1 firmware.

5. Follow the on-screen steps, choose Installer and Cydia.

6. Once finished, your iPhone will reboot, but Installer and Cydia won't be visible.

7. Download & Install DiskAid from here:
    http://www.digidna.net/downloads/dow...on=1.5&sys=win

8. Connect your iPhone via USB to your computer and launch the DiskAID program.

9. When the DiskAid screen launches, you'll see a drop-down box on the bottom left that says "Media Folder". Click on it, and select "Root Folder" instead.

10. You'll get a Root Partition message, just click ok!

11. On the left side, scroll down and click the System folder. Now double-click the Library Folder. Scroll down and double-click the "PrivateFrameworks" folder.

12. On the right side, scroll down and click on the MobileInstallation.framework folder.

13. Select the MobileInstallation file, and click "Delete from Device".

13. Download the new MobileInstallation patch from Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

14. In DiskAid, click "Copy File to Device", and select the MobileInstallation file you downloaded.

15. After you've copied the MobileInstallation file, reboot your iPhone and you should see a jailbreaked iPhone 2.1 now! Enjoy.

16. In DiskAid, navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches and delete the following file: com.apple.mobile.installation.plist

17. Reboot your iPhone, and Installer & Cydia should show up!

Jailbreak iPhone 2.1 | QuickPWN

__________________________________________________ ____________

Also if you are interested about a simple test I did with 2.1 here it is....

Here is what I have after several hours of putting the phone through the test on 2.1.

First I tested on a 2G Unlocked/JB w/quickpwn 2.0.2

I upgraded through iTunes. I did not select restore because I wnted to see if I could keep some of the aps from cydia.

When I was done I sync'ed the phone and restored my backup. everything restored except:

Installer/Cydia---and the software I had installed from both repo's...
    (Bummer) But I knew this was going to happen prior.

Test #1

absolutley zero increase with the cell reception. Well at least none to get excited about....

2.0.1 signal test docking station
    Off docking station was -88
    I am not sure but I believe the docking station works as a small booster...

2.1 On the docking station:
    off the docking station was -85

A small increase but none worth measuring in my book. I wasnt to suprised because I believe the fix was just a soft fix for the 3g hardware chip.

NEXT TEST--- BATTERY LIFE

I love my iPhone but at the end of the day...its my phone and the #1 use...

--With the phone in call @ -95db (FULL BAR -100db is the best reception). It ran for 6hrs and 2 min... I did this test in 45 min intervals... No reaso except I did not want to run the battery that hot for 6 cont... hrs....

With 2.0.1 and 1.1.4 I had the incall time at 5hrs and 57 min.

During the incall test the bluetooth/wifi were off!

for the drop call test... I did not do... its a 2G and I never had the issue before... But I can say that 2.1 doesnt either...

The software...hmmmmm welllll

Ok not much I was hoping for a2dp support for the bluetooth.... oh well perhaps with a hack... anyone anyone? :-)

The "Genius" playlist and sound effects etc...

GREAT pretty kewl but...this option is not essential nor will most people use this after a few times messing with it....

Overall if you have a 3g with all the mad problems then...UPGRADE NOW... My friends phone is now up to the same standards as my 2g.. Only mine is metal and runs cooler... (did I mention mine is better? lmao love the 2g)

IF YOU OWN A 2G... This is a great update BUT....Ugrade AFTER the PWNAGE is available... Not worth losing your custom apps such as iCommander and Winterboard.

Take all this with as strickly my preferance but bottom line my recommendation comes from..

Phone 1st
    the rest second

With that said 2g on 2.0.2 is working perfect...(for me) so second takes priority with my decision.... Winterboard ;-)

However, If your iPhone is suffering then upgrade..(NOT RESTORE YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR ACTIVATION)

I am back on 2.0.2 with all my custom needs..

DFU - RESTORE to pwn 2.0.2 then synced with my profile from yesterday and all was back...

--MMI have a great weekend! headed to the Alps for a little fun..;-) Yet another thing the iPhone cant do..lol

D-OUT

No no really... Thank you I insist....

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kuhndsn For This Useful Post:

ahhhhwhoa (09-18-2008)

Thanks

I have a 16GB 3G and I’m was on 2.1. I used Quickpwn to jailbreak it. Everything went fine until it was done and I saw that it activated the phone which has caused it to have no signal. I understand that if the method process activates it then it will cause this error. I went ahead and restored with a regular firmware and it gives me the “SIM is invalid” I tried to restore it through a custom firmware and made sure that the “activate iphone” is NOT checked. I went ahead and restored it and still the same thing. I really don’t know what to do. I search around and tried a few things but still nothing. Hope you guys can help me out. I’m really frustrated. I would settle for anything.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboy99 View Post
    I have a 16GB 3G and I’m was on 2.1. I used Quickpwn to jailbreak it. Everything went fine until it was done and I saw that it activated the phone which has caused it to have no signal. I understand that if the method process activates it then it will cause this error. I went ahead and restored with a regular firmware and it gives me the “SIM is invalid” I tried to restore it through a custom firmware and made sure that the “activate iphone” is NOT checked. I went ahead and restored it and still the same thing. I really don’t know what to do. I search around and tried a few things but still nothing. Hope you guys can help me out. I’m really frustrated. I would settle for anything.
    Restore your phone to the original firmware that it came with... 2.0 Get it from the d-load section of this site.

Once that is done Download 2.0.1 firmware version for the 3g (also from this site. After that is done use the pwnage tool and pawn or quickpwn the 2.0.1... Now you will be Jailbreaked.

Lastly upgrade your firmware to 2.1 and follow the 2.1 jailbreak instructions.

Now you are using a 3g iPhone. There is no unlock for the SIM yet. So if you are not using an AT&T chip then you need to purchace a turbo sim...

Hope this helps...

D

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kuhndsn View Post
    Restore your phone to the original firmware that it came with... 2.0 Get it from the d-load section of this site.

Once that is done Download 2.0.1 firmware version for the 3g (also from this site. After that is done use the pwnage tool and pawn or quickpwn the 2.0.1... Now you will be Jailbreaked.

Lastly upgrade your firmware to 2.1 and follow the 2.1 jailbreak instructions.

Now you are using a 3g iPhone. There is no unlock for the SIM yet. So if you are not using an AT&T chip then you need to purchace a turbo sim...

Hope this helps...

D
    Thanks D, I'll do exactly what you suggested but I'm not trying to unlock my phone but simply regain my service that I have seem to lose because of the Quickpwn procedure. I have AT&T. Thanks again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxboy99 View Post
    Thanks D, I'll do exactly what you suggested but I'm not trying to unlock my phone but simply regain my service that I have seem to lose because of the Quickpwn procedure. I have AT&T. Thanks again.
    copy that... Shoot me a PM and let me know if it worked etc... If not I am sure we can get ya back.. Alot of smart people on this site...

Good luck I know it can get frustrating...

D-OUT

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have iphone 2g showing on screen"repair needed

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey guys just checking in here one last time, if you have any more questions please check this FAQ, and post there:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ml#post2208891

This thread is too large and unorganized to be useful anymore.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey guys just checking in here one last time, if you have any more questions please check this FAQ, and post there:

Nice tutorial man!

I never had a problem with Method 1 here. I restored a 16gb 3G and another 3G but 8gb and they work well!!
    iPhone 3GS 32gb | iOS Jailbroked | Winterboard Custom Theme| Ultrasn0w Unlocked
    AMD X2 2.6GHz CPU (Overclocked @ 3.2Ghz) | Asus M2N-SLI Mobo | G.Skill DDR2800 2GB Mem
    Xbox360 Elite | XCM CPU/GPU Fan | Talismoon Fan | Xecuter NAND/JTAG | iXtreme LT Firmware
    Toyota 2JZ-GE | Turboeast Stage 1 Turbo Kit | Haltech F10x Fuel EMS | AEM Boost & A/F Gauges

Thanks

Thanks for everything you've done to help us desperate Windows users buddy!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please Release it for windows I really want to use my 3g iphone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    can someone please tell me how to backup games I don't want to lose all my completed games? Please answer

Thanks

Ok, I would like to know if anyone has done the methods mentioned in the above post using a 2G, AT&T phone running 1.1.4 FW that was jailbroken with WINPWN. The only thing I see are people who were on a JB, 2G or 3G, running FW 2.x. Before I try to update to 2.x then try this method I was wondering if I could go from my winpwned 1.1.4, 2G AT&T straight to the 2.1 CFW by simply using shift-restore?

Here is another website siting they did the same thing as most people here are saying but again, everyone seems to be on 2.x, not 1.x. It would be a pain to have to update to 2.x then to 2.1 JBroken when I could just go straight to JB 2.1.

How to Upgrade Pwned iPhone with 2.1 Custom Firmware IPSW (Windows) | Code Retard

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    Ok, I would like to know if anyone has done the methods mentioned in the above post using a 2G, AT&T phone running 1.1.4 FW that was jailbroken with WINPWN. The only thing I see are people who were on a JB, 2G or 3G, running FW 2.x. Before I try to update to 2.x then try this method I was wondering if I could go from my winpwned 1.1.4, 2G AT&T straight to the 2.1 CFW by simply using shift-restore?

Here is another website siting they did the same thing as most people here are saying but again, everyone seems to be on 2.x, not 1.x. It would be a pain to have to update to 2.x then to 2.1 JBroken when I could just go straight to JB 2.1.

How to Upgrade Pwned iPhone with 2.1 Custom Firmware IPSW (Windows) | Code Retard
    I was on 1.1.4 unlocked with t-mobile. But the only difference i see for you is that you'd have to grab a non-activated ipsw from willydavidk.
    I restored to a clean 2.1, then tried a couple of the methods on willydavidk's list, the one that worked was method 5, white DFU mode. Just follow it step by step and you shouldn't have any problems.