Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnageTool & QuickPwn 2.1 Released - iTunes 8 Compatible

I was going to do the methods described but I decided to wait. I dont see the large number of people coming in here saying that it worked great, instead, everywhere I see people saying that iTunes is causing so many errors, or other apps are buggy, and quite frankly, if this was a true, 90-95% JB procedure then I would expect to see more people
    doing/saying it worked with no problem for them. I will just wait for winpwn 3.0 to be released. Maybe someone who did any of willydavid's methods with no problems can convince me other wise, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by motownman View Post
    Hey WillyDavidK,

How is your phone's 2.1 custom firmware holding up over the last couple of days? Any serious bugs lately?
    With the update my phone is running smoother.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

damn it didnt work for me. After upgrading to 2.1, I tried shift resore, pointed to the custom firmware, and itunes says:
    "The iPhone "iPhone" could ot be restored. An unknown error occured (6)"

Now what?

hey can somebody help how to quickpwn my iphone with itune 8(windows). with ithe 7.... works fine, but now with this new itune i dont know how to use the new pwn tool. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME STEP, BY STEP. OR BETTER DIRECT ME TO A QUICKPWN FOR ITUNE 8 SO I CAN ENJOY MY IPHONE. i fell very lonely without my application's. PLS HELP ME!!!

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    damn it didnt work for me. After upgrading to 2.1, I tried shift resore, pointed to the custom firmware, and itunes says:
    "The iPhone "iPhone" could ot be restored. An unknown error occured (6)"

Now what?
    The phone has to be pwned first before you can install a CFW.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    STFU!!! This the second day I have seen you flaming someone in these forums. People are asking serious questions while all you do is post dumb ****!! For someone whose avatar is 'no *****-***-ness' you sure are acting like a little *****!! KICK ROCKS!!
    yes ppl are asking serious questions and im replying in a serious matter...all u gotta do is read...and since u want to point out stuff...i answered his question right...and everyone elses...read read read! The winpwn team or the guy who updates it or whoever posted on the actual site he does not have time and has been busy but will try. dunno how i am not answering the questions..might be sarcastic but it isn't hard to read...38 pages come on man! and u mean to tell me there isn't any answer to anyones question in this forum nor the site? so u can go kick rocks and pull ur head out!

I stated before i am not trying to come off rude but this is just getting out of control! ppl ask before reading. or there excuse is there is too many pages and i don't feel like reading so can someone plz explain to me! all whole thread is! are the same questiones being asked with the same answers from different people with different wording!

Sorry for coming of rude ppl but please just read!

P.s. i 1 problem getting my phone jailbroken on the 2.1 firmware..had the 1600 error. I was on 2.1 firmware unlocked but not jailbroken. so i quick pwn for 2.0.2 and then after that procedure added the custom firmware into itunes. It worked.
    Last edited by jasonm253; 09-16-2008 at 10:47 PM.

Thanks

WillyDavidK
    I've tried several of your FAQ walk throughs with no luck.
    I dont remember the last code, but just now I have "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600)" This was using the DFU mode, shift restore. I even tried the QuickPwn method,but I never see a dos window. does QuickPwn RC3 not show the dos window? I extracted that and ran QuickPwn.exe same thing, never see a dos box. I cant get the timing down to make the white screen stick. Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    ok, so now that I'm not pwned any more, what next? Did I only get once chance for this to work or something?
    Last edited by JazJon; 09-16-2008 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No he means it has to have been pwned in the past once before, which I believe you said yours was. Try using an older version of winpwn. The version doesn't really matter as your just using the program to get your phone to the 'white' dfu mode. Also I would suggest restoring to stock 2.1 before making another attempt.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WillyDavidK For This Useful Post:

JazJon (09-16-2008)

Thanks

This looks promising, I'm going to following it step by step
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...-1600-yay.html

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JazJon For This Useful Post:

WillyDavidK (09-17-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonm253 View Post
    yes ppl are asking serious questions and im replying in a serious matter...all u gotta do is read...and since u want to point out stuff...i answered his question right...and everyone elses...read read read! The winpwn team or the guy who updates it or whoever posted on the actual site he does not have time and has been busy but will try. dunno how i am not answering the questions..might be sarcastic but it isn't hard to read...38 pages come on man! and u mean to tell me there isn't any answer to anyones question in this forum nor the site? so u can go kick rocks and pull ur head out!

I stated before i am not trying to come off rude but this is just getting out of control! ppl ask before reading. or there excuse is there is too many pages and i don't feel like reading so can someone plz explain to me! all whole thread is! are the same questiones being asked with the same answers from different people with different wording!

Sorry for coming of rude ppl but please just read!

P.s. i 1 problem getting my phone jailbroken on the 2.1 firmware..had the 1600 error. I was on 2.1 firmware unlocked but not jailbroken. so i quick pwn for 2.0.2 and then after that procedure added the custom firmware into itunes. It worked.
    Ok, I feel your pain since you got your phone the way you want it and others are struggling and you are getting tired of reading posts asking for help. But telling someone to read is an obvious answer and maybe the answer only 35% of the time. You obviously dont know that there are TONS of ways people have unlocked/jailbroken by using one of MANY methods. So most people are posting about their specific phone's setting and reading someone elses experience is hollow if it does not apply directly to the way your phone is set up.

Basically, STFU if you can not answer a specific question. And out of the 38 pages you keep mentioning, 10 of the pages are people asking for help with a new error they have encountered and 10 more pages are full of people asking for CFW to be posted for us Windows users.

Thanks

This looks promising, I'm going to following it step by step
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...-1600-yay.html
    This worked!

So they key is to use the older QuickPwn with the older 2.0.1 firmware.

This older QuickPwn method is much easier to figure out when to terminate quickpwn.exe via task manager.

The only instructions I would correct are where he says
    "-Start up QuickPWN.exe,"

what he really means is to run QuickPwn-Bundle-Release.exe

The actual QuickPWN.exe wont show up in task manager until you get to the middle part of the process.

As soon as the screen turns white end the task on QuickPWN.exe and the white screen will stay there. Now you can shift restore and you shouldnt get any errors! (I didnt)

Fantastic!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JazJon For This Useful Post:

WillyDavidK (09-17-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Ok, my phone was winpwned already and I am still on 1.1.4, so will a simple shift-restore in iTunes with the CFW work for me? Because all I see are people on 2.x that seem to be having success. If I restore with the default 2.1 FW wont I lose my 'winpwn', thus a shift key restore with CFW wont work?

Thanks

ninthchamber99: Maybe you should upgrade to 2.0.1 instead of going straight to 2.1. Then you can be sure you're in the same boat as the rest of us here. Just do a shift restore but point to the older "official" firmware. You can then quickpwn via the older way with the older firmware first

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JazJon For This Useful Post:

ninthchamber99 (09-17-2008)

umm while ur ******** u could've been reading...the person who updates winpwn has been busy and hasn't had time to work on it..but thats just if u read instead of ********
    Well, you ARE rude, and clearly not practicing what you preach!
    somewhere in the high 400's I posted that I HAD read every post in this thread, AND i've been keeping up with it several times a day, EVERYDAY since last Friday. If YOU had been reading, instead of slamming me, you would have known that!!!!
    "The person" stated in that post that he would keep us posted too, and he hasn't posted 1 word since he made that statement on Saturday.
    I'm within my right to indicate in my post that there hasn't been a peep from the Dev's in 4 days. It would be nice to at least know somebody is working on it... it's really starting to seem like there's no Windows Quickpwn even coming!
    I'm not trying to be a PITA, but I need to get up to 2.1, my phone has been acting nutz ever since Cydia did that rash of updates over the weekend.
    Last edited by TheOnlyest; 09-16-2008 at 11:52 PM.

ninthchamber99: Maybe you should upgrade to 2.0.1 instead of going straight to 2.1. Then you can be sure you're in the same boat as the rest of us here. Just do a shift restore but point to the older "official" firmware. You can then quickpwn via the older way with the older firmware first
    Good idea, what did you use to JB 2.0.1, winpwn 2.5 or something else?

Edit: I see you used quickqwn, what version did you use and is quickpwn better/the same as using winpwn (the only reason I ask is because I am familiar with winpwn not quickpwn)
    Last edited by ninthchamber99; 09-16-2008 at 11:52 PM. Reason: added text

Thanks

Good idea, what did you use to JB 2.0.1, winpwn 2.5 or something else?

Edit: I see you used quickqwn, what version did you use and is quickpwn better/the same as using winpwn (the only reason I ask is because I am familiar with winpwn not quickpwn)

ninth i said that in my post! just use quickpwn and use the 2.0.1 or 2.0.2! after u quikpwn u will see the screen flash! then just upload the custom firmware! It should be all gravy after that!

EDIT! yo ninth use quickpwn and not winpwn...i tried winpwn and it didn't succeed. just use quickpwn
    Last edited by jasonm253; 09-17-2008 at 12:04 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to jasonm253 For This Useful Post:

ninthchamber99 (09-17-2008)

ninth i said that in my post! just use quickpwn and use the 2.0.1 or 2.0.2! after u quikpwn u will see the screen flash! then just upload the custom firmware! It should be all gravy after that!

EDIT! yo ninth use quickpwn and not winpwn...i tried winpwn and it didn't succeed. just use quickpwn
    Yeah man, I saw you said you did the same thing the other guy suggested. Thanks a lot yo!! Ok another question for you jason, what version of quickpwn did you use and when you went from 2.0.x to 2.1, did you lose any of the apps that you already had on your phone, and I also assume you got no errors with iTunes 8.0?

Yo, I do appreciate you responding to me. I guess I was upset because I was ready to upgrade my phone, I was not getting any real responses. and I was just mad as hell. So, thanks again.

Thanks

Yeah man, I saw you said you did the same thing the other guy suggested. Thanks a lot yo!! Ok another question for you jason, what version of quickpwn did you use and when you went from 2.0.x to 2.1, did you lose any of the apps that you already had on your phone, and I also assume you got no errors with iTunes 8.0?

Yo, I do appreciate you responding to me. I guess I was upset because I was ready to upgrade my phone, I was not getting any real responses. and I was just mad as hell. So, thanks again.
    Truthfully i think i used the newest quick pwn. the one with 2.0.2 support! I did lose my apps from cydia/installer because u are just quickpwn ur phone in order for the custom firmware to work when installed thru itunes. Basically u are restoring ur phone again with a custom firmware. So all previous apps will have to be reinstalled. set up as new phone and yes i was on the newest itunes! hope that this helps...let us know how it went

I asked this earlier but no one responded. Can I just plug my syncd-to-windows-device to a mac and use pwnage? Then go back to pc and sync my stuff?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

itunes 8.0 and firmware 2.1 is not a good combination for unlock sim adapter users , as for my experience ,i now keep getting no service every 4 to 6 hrs ,also keep getting an error everytime i attempted to downgrade to 2.0 or 2.0.1 .

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast