+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhoneModem - Extremely Easy 3G Tethering in OS X

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I cannot get this to work, i followed the readme but when the phone attempts to connect it says phone cannot connect to WLAN, when i try to join the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I cannot get this to work, i followed the readme but when the phone attempts to connect it says phone cannot connect to WLAN, when i try to join the WLAN on the phone the WiFi bar doesn't even show up so im guessing this is the problem some how but im not sure how to fix this. Any recommendations?

iPhone? More like MyPhone vinodis's Avatar
    Thanks

If you have SSH installed on your iPhone, Using the USB Cable you can tether easily:-
    alk blog: SSH to tether your iphone over USB cable to get your PC online

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You should try PDA Net is is simply to use, it uses NAT so you are gonna be able to use it as a REALLY modem, no extra apss needed, nothing. it is great!!!!!! VPN connections are not working, but ichat, firefox dows!!!!

Try PDANET PdaNet -- Use your iPhone as a Wireless Router for your PC/Mac It is a really router. NOT A PROXY. Carlos
    Last edited by cali1975; 09-28-2008 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi, I was wondering does anyone have a walk through on connecting the iphone with either software with windows vista x64? I've attempted with several applications to get this working and it hasn't >,<. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Green Apple
    Thanks

cool
    -white 3gs 32gb on 4.0, black 3gs 16gb on 3.2, black 3g 16gb on 3.2 all on tmobile
    -in the past: 4gb 2g, 8gb 2g

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just a little background- I've tethered for the past 3 years on Sprint and ATT networks back and forth. Usually only use it while on vacation when free wifi isn't available or if my home internet is down for weather or other maintenance issues. Anyway, I just paid $9.99 for Addition's iPhone Modem 2 software because it is smokin' easy and quite reliable. I've been browsing with it for about 4 hours now and it's been solid. I've never had a "hacked tether" work so seemlessly. My best setup previously was my N95-3 but even that dropped from time to time requiring restarts of both laptop and mobile. This is the real deal. Thanks Addition!

Thanks

Has anyone had issue with getting iphonemodem working with iPhone firmware 2.2.1? Since updating the firmware I can't get the iphone to tether easily as before with my MacBook (OS X Leopard 10.5.6) with the addition iphonemodem client desktop helper app. Also has anyone figured out how to get Back to My Mac working with Addition iPhoneModem? BTMM states I'm not connected to the Internet even though I can surf with safari and use Mail. The Leopard firewall is configured for applications with iPhoneModem added to the approved list.

SOHO: MacBook Pro, iMac, Maya, Shake, FCS 2, iLife, iWork, Office, Time Capsule, iPhone 3G 16GB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

farfromovin: I guess AT&T has never "caught" you tethering? That seems to be the only worry for those of us in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by cali1975 View Post
    You should try PDA Net is is simply to use, it uses NAT so you are gonna be able to use it as a REALLY modem, no extra apss needed, nothing. it is great!!!!!! VPN connections are not working, but ichat, firefox dows!!!!

Try PDANET PdaNet -- Use your iPhone as a Wireless Router for your PC/Mac It is a really router. NOT A PROXY. Carlos
    I also have been using this app since it came out, with no problems. Sometimes it does not detect that I'm connected to the ad-hoc network, and I don't use it often enough to have figured out why this sometimes happens, but other than that, it's MUCH easier to use than any other solution. The iPhone becomes a router, so you don't have to do anything on the computer other than simply join the ad-hoc wireless network and start browsing.

The free version of this app only works for TCP connections after a trial. The full version is not cheap, so if you need to do anything other than http browsing, then this isn't the solution for you.

To the gentlemen from iPhoneModem.de, a few suggestions. A quick search in Google for "iPhone Modem" doesn't reveal your site in 2 pages. Furthermore, you (or someone that can work with you) should improve the English site, as well as improve your Google siterank, in that there are many mistakes and translation issues. While based on the posts here in this thread I don't doubt that you were the original developers for this app, English users are going to flock to the website which looks professional in appearance and appears high in Google's search results. If you want to further your app, you will need to work on these issues.

Cheers!
    Last edited by jzahra; 03-30-2009 at 07:54 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Can't put it to work - Support sucks
    I've been trying to put it to work for months... Can't make it.
    Follow all instructions to the letter, but it doesn't work.
    Support at iphonemodem.com just sucks.
    Been leaving messages for weeks.. Not a single reply.
    I paid for it, can't use it... No support...

Highly NOT recommended....

Thanks

sweeeeeettt, gonna try this badboy right now
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had the exact same problem and I am wondering if there is a ton of other people out there with the same issue. I wasnt smart enough to revert the settings. I ended up having to wipe and restore the computer (not that it was hard, but definitely annoying).

anyone have any advice on this?

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345