Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhoneModem - Extremely Easy 3G Tethering in OS X

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

not showing up yet, but ill check it out when i can
    iTouch 2.0 (free update/pwn'd)
    iPhone 3G white (pwn'd)
    MacBook Pro 15inch (using tethered)

2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Another reason to jailbreak. I'm just gonna wait until it's on Installer, then jb my iphone. Cydia takes WAY too long getting back to homscreen after instaling/uninstalling something.
    its because cydia is respringing in the background...

when you actually get back to the home screen after cydia you dont have to respring.

Installer is different, it installs and then when your done resprings

its about the same time for both

cydia imo is much more stable/faster

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Another reason to jailbreak. I'm just gonna wait until it's on Installer, then jb my iphone. Cydia takes WAY too long getting back to homscreen after instaling/uninstalling something.
    People still use Installer?

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (09-13-2008), gypsytears (09-13-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    People still use Installer?
    HAHAHA. I had the same thoughts.

good day sir i just wanna ask you about this modem i dont have a credit card or the paypal so i can pay i want to by the code so i can used it so i will not change my sim jst to connect to my loptop can you help me pls i will pay cash and one thing there is a donation on other apps but it still the same i cannot donated or pay. it works in iphone 16 gig or only in 3g? tnx... godspeed happy ramadan!!!

i have a ibm loptop (xp) and a iphone 2d 16gig how to connect it and how can i pay if i dont have a visa or master card or if it is free how will it become free? i dont have a landline or wifi connection so im depending on edge it will work olso? and by the way tnx to you all in advane and all who think of the apps you help me lot coz im a alone working in kuwait this is the anly way i can be happy and busy tnx again.... godspeed.... happy ramadan
    Last edited by arnibob; 09-13-2008 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

anyone have the instructions to make it wokr with Windows Vista

Thanks all
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

And it ist complete insecure... Wow without WEP without SSH... Discovering iPhone by an Bonjour network Address room... How crasy...

Use the REAL iPhoneModem this People sucks completly. No nag screen its real free and today we have an update with an Background Application on iphone. You can make calls and what ever you want when you tethering your iPhone..

iPhoneModem

Ciao Marco
    Last edited by marcoxyz; 09-13-2008 at 11:39 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Is it okay to use this if you have AT&T? Because I'm pretty sure that you aren't allowed to tether if you are on ATT and its very easy to find out..

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Use with moderation. Don't be torrenting the latest season of Lost in HD, and keep it to emergency browsing, and you should be fine.

Of course, caveat emptor - it technically is against AT&T data policy, so careful.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Are the iPhone and computer communicating via WiFi or bluetooth?
    If bluetooth I'd be curious if I could connect to the network using my TomTom 920? I had paid for their "Plus Services" so I could get traffic updates when I had my ATT Tilt but now can't do this with my iPhone.

I'm not saying I"d give up my iPhone to get traffic updates but it would be nice to have both.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It's using an ad-hoc wifi network directly between your mac/iPhone.

I noticed it shows the amount of traffic on the app, does anyone know a good rule of thumb for a reasonable amount of traffic to use before worrying about big brother finding out?

Default not to shabby
    1, Worked as listed
    2. no stupid directions that over complicate it.
    3. Tested on edge and was happy to see 244 kps down speeds on average.

Nice work will chip in 9.99 this is a useful app

Congrats to the author and MMI for reporting..

looking for windows xp guide ??

I am with rogers and pay $30 for 6G , so screw them , I want to use all 6G

Our iPhone Background App is ready we hope it is Tomorrow in Cydia. I write tomorrow/today mornig a Tutorial for Windows and for Mac with all Applikations: Mail, FTP, HTTP and Chat

Ciao Marco

@imnew2hu Yes no stupid directions and no stupid security thats all what clever people need. And the most important thing is: Hey man you can pay for that... when you also can have it for free. People like you are every time welcom to me. I have here 3 emty bottles of Beer only 5$ for you and you can fill in what ever you want thats also not to over complicated
    Last edited by marcoxyz; 09-13-2008 at 08:31 PM.

wheres the 1.x version???

I have firmware 1.1.1, so I can't add new sources on cydia and consequently, I can't get this app from there. If it is old school compatible, is there any link where I cant download the app on my computer and SSH or ifuntastic it to my iphone?

Still having to use SOCKS proxies.

IMO my method of using my MEdiaNet Unlimited $20/month plan with my Motorola Cingular/AT&T phone is still better. All apps can be used online (AOL/AIM, browser, Eudora, Yahoo Messenger, Thoth, etc.) just as with a DSL or dialup connection.

I'll try this but I need to find a simpler way to jailbreak, I never could get Pwnage to work. I'm still waiting for the new version of Ziphone. :-)

hbelkins, try quickpwn. It's the just about the same thing as ZiPhone... maybe even easier...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ungltxx For This Useful Post:

hbelkins (09-14-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabbawalkee View Post
    Is it okay to use this if you have AT&T? Because I'm pretty sure that you aren't allowed to tether if you are on ATT and its very easy to find out..
    The iPhone Data plan offers unlimited data.

All Smartphone plans without tethering included offer unlimited data.

There is no cap on these plans.

The only plans that have a 5GB cap are:

- Broadband connect plans (the laptop data cards), and

- Plans that specifically permit tethering to a laptop.

Even on plans with the 5GB cap, there is no overage charge if you go over 5GB. If you go over 5GB for two consecutive billing periods, AT&T might contact you to find out what's going on, or you might get a letter asking you to watch your usage.

This has been in place for about a year.

Hi All

Today we have our Applikation for iPhone ready:

Its also in english. It works for all Versions of iPhone and we have also Repositorys for old Firmwares... later more we waiting to come in Cydia (solve the Naming Problem).

The coolest thing is that You can make and recive calls an so on while you on Internet with your Phone...

Ciao from Berlin Marco

For Windows User:

This version has 2 Socks Proxys, one option for SSH and one for "normal" Socks Proxy so you can use it out of the Box in your applications. You only must create a Ad-Hoc with WPA and put in your Browser or Program settings the proxy-ip and the port 1080 thats all...
    Last edited by marcoxyz; 09-14-2008 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast