Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Firmware 2.1 - Grab it While It's Hot

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    in regards to data wipe after 10 failed password attempts...

i'm not sure why it's a stupid idea to have that on an iphone when it works the same way on a blackberry? iphone's just trying to live up to the security standards a firm would expect from a mobile phone of their choice, no?
    Yea but theres a couple of problems with that, Most of the boys from my hood only read the news and once they find out that the phone becomes like new after entering in the wrong password 10 times thy're going to target anybody with one. hold on tight ladies and gents and watch your sh**. That wouldnt be something i'd want to advertise honestly.

Most thieves could care less about your information on the phone especially when they can get 200 to 600 for the phone itself.
    Last edited by bretthartt; 09-12-2008 at 01:04 PM.
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    in regards to data wipe after 10 failed password attempts...

i'm not sure why it's a stupid idea to have that on an iphone when it works the same way on a blackberry? iphone's just trying to live up to the security standards a firm would expect from a mobile phone of their choice, no?
    i don't own an Blackberry, so I wouldn't know. I'd prefer if there we some sort of OTA code AT&T could send to the phone that could unlock it and allow you to reset the password.

the data wipe thing just sounds like something that can be easily abused.

but hey...if it's the industry standard, perhaps it'll be a non-issue.

can someone help?? plz? my phone is absolete and wont even load after i tryd to update to 2.1

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it's a 4 digit passcode. if you don't think you'd remember it, definitely don't use it. no one's forcing you to unless it's for work. then your it policy may require it. plus, the data wipe is actually an option and not forced on you so. you do have a choice

haha now my 3g doesn't work after 2.1

Thanks

Successfully updated from 2.0.2 pwned to 2.1 on my 1st generation iPhone, end result is my iPhone is still unlocked and activated, Good luck guys.

if you get stuck at the boot logo, then don't restore from backup. Setup as new iPhone then select sync contacts from this computer. It took me 4 tries to figure this out.

iPhone? More like MyPhone scottvalentine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DuRo View Post
    Apple just calibrated the way Service Bar is display , sure you get full bar but the reception is still the same. Dial #3001#12345#* and press call . The lower the number the better reception. I'm still getting between -89 to -91 in my house as before.
    That was the first though that crossed my mind. They just changed the way the bars were displayed to shut people up. Look ive got more bars now! he haw!
    My 3G usually displayed 1-3 bars but I could still download at 450kbs, so i wasnt to worried about it
    There are No stupid questions, Only stupid people

Quote Originally Posted by editwizard View Post
    Yet another day I'm grateful that I'm NOT jailbroken. Oh well call me lame if you want...

And you spend time at this forum why?
    Hmm...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    upgraded works so much better than 2.0.2 no more dropped calls full bars n more responsive than before what are you waiting for upgrade if your not hacked of course

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BDaniels08 View Post
    can someone help?? plz? my phone is absolete and wont even load after i tryd to update to 2.1

We can prob help. BUT... You need to be a little more specific. Faqs plz...

which iPhone? 2 or 3g (Black back case or silver metal back case)
    Where you jailbroken before? firmware? winpwn?

itunes version?

lastly what did you do exactlly?

Successfully updated from 2.0.2 previously winpwned with 2.5 beta to new 2.1 on my 1st generation iPhone using iTunes 8 update procedure, end result is my iPhone is still unlocked and activated.

Seems very stable, yes will have to wait to jailbreak, but will see what 2.1 offers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for adviced,

Quote Originally Posted by scottvalentine View Post
    That was the first though that crossed my mind. They just changed the way the bars were displayed to shut people up. Look ive got more bars now! he haw!
    My 3G usually displayed 1-3 bars but I could still download at 450kbs, so i wasnt to worried about it
    Thats a d** shame, And the fact that their were two diffrent uploads 1 for edge and another for 3g made it all the easier for em to do it. Apple & ATT are desperate to get out of a couple of lawsuits regard the 3G servies so it wouldnt suprise me that they'd do something underhandedly to save their on hide.
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

I got it.. damn i had to do 5 restores before i figured just start a new phone instead of use existing back up.

Iphone 3g / 16 gb white
    Jailbroken 2.0.2 firmware with winpwn 2.5
    iTunes 8.0

and i upgraded but i guess something stopped the upgrade and completely just stopped working.. i restored it to default 2.1 but lost everything. =/

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah I just updated as well and am happy with the outcome..I say no later than sun or Mon they should have a quick and winpwn..go out and have a good weekend dev team

Can anyone confirm if T-Zones hack still works after upgrading a 2.0.2 2G phone to 2.1???

man i wanna update baddd cuz my phones is sloww but i dont wanna give up all my cracked apps... does anybody know if theres another way to SSH into your iphone without installing SSH from cydia/installer? if i can just get in and replace my mobileinstallion file so i can use my cracked apps i would sooo update...but then again cycorder and snapture are soo nice..i'll wait unless someone has a way of using SSH without jailbreaking first, which i doubt anybody does...

but maybe knows of a program thats lets you browse and edit/replace files in a non-jailbroken iphone? maybe ixfer?

seems 3Gs are having some issues? Lots of 1st gen phone success... whats up with that?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jasonm253's Avatar
    Thanks

cuz first gen phones are still the best hopefully 3g users don't have many problems

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast