+ Reply
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Firmware 2.1 - Grab it While It's Hot

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
anyone need a mac created 3G or 1st gen custom firmware, pm me. please specify if you have at&t or tmobile, 1st gen or 3G
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

anyone need a mac created 3G or 1st gen custom firmware, pm me.
    please specify if you have at&t or tmobile, 1st gen or 3G
    Last edited by tattoojack; 09-16-2008 at 10:32 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NiteStar's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone else having issue with their VisualVoicmail not sounding right when listening through iPhone. If I listen directly from the voicemail by pressing "1" it sounds fine. Even the voicemails I had before upgrading to 2.1 sound like they're talking through a tin can or something and I know they were ok before that. Any ideas? btw I've restored a second time just to see if there was a problem the first time. Thanks in advance.

iPhone? More like MyPhone AzBirdgangMC's Avatar
    Thanks

I noticed the same thing with my voicemail as well after upgrading!??

iPhone? More like MyPhone popmanbx's Avatar
    Thanks

I noticed that after I used quickpwn to jailbreak my iphone on 2.1 the reception of 3G wasn't a good as it was before i jailbroke. Anyone else notice this?

Nevermind, checked in my Boss Prefs and 3G was off, sorry, it works fine.
    Last edited by popmanbx; 09-17-2008 at 11:58 PM. Reason: spoke to soon
    I *hEaRt* my IpHoNe

http://twitter.com/#!/Loudmouth0

wanna be cool? Follow me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NiteStar View Post
    Anyone else having issue with their VisualVoicmail not sounding right when listening through iPhone. If I listen directly from the voicemail by pressing "1" it sounds fine. Even the voicemails I had before upgrading to 2.1 sound like they're talking through a tin can or something and I know they were ok before that. Any ideas? btw I've restored a second time just to see if there was a problem the first time. Thanks in advance.
    I have not used my 3G yet because am waiting for unlock so am happy for now learning and useing the 2G but just noticed you mention "visual" voicemail? Is this a 3G feature or am I missing somthing that should work with the 2G? I'm familiar with voicemail but visual?
    [FONT="Arial Black"]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Update great.
    Also, before I updated I had the Make it Mine app from Cydia, and I changed my Carrier thing, well I updated and it stayed the same. Pretty sweet I thought. Just a cool thing that happen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bouzo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pitbulvig View Post
    I have not used my 3G yet because am waiting for unlock so am happy for now learning and useing the 2G but just noticed you mention "visual" voicemail? Is this a 3G feature or am I missing somthing that should work with the 2G? I'm familiar with voicemail but visual?
    Read up

iPhone: About Visual Voicemail

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah the voicemail sounds like the quality got a little compromised, oh well could be worse

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bouzo View Post

That's EXACTLY what I wanted, Thanks, I guess since I unlocked and JB the phone I forgot all about actually going to the apple iPhones site for help? I always just come here first!!
    [FONT="Arial Black"]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yeah I just backed up my phone for the first time since I put on a pwned 2.1 and its true the backup took about 1/10th of the time it used to take... wow

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hi
    I quickpwned my device for 2.1 and now I cannot get Phone service!!!!!!!!! everything else is working fine... What to do?

Please help

regards,
    amol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amol.sawaikar View Post
    Hi
    I quickpwned my device for 2.1 and now I cannot get Phone service!!!!!!!!! everything else is working fine... What to do?

Please help

regards,
    amol
    I ran into a similar problem after quickpwn is asking to activate again! But after I shut down iTunes and eestart it it does find the 3G so I don't know if is a problem yet because Im not on AT&T? I guess Ill find out Monday after new sim adapter arrives? Good luck, I hope you figure yours out.

After useing quickpwn iTunes asked if I wanted to activate? I plan on trying a sim adapter so I chose to " activate later" but now am thinking this was wrong to do? Can anyone help me out? This is a 3g phone from eBay that was activated by the seller but sent to me with no sim card so when I see the message " waiting for activation this may take a while" is only when I have a sim card from a different ATT phone in the iPhone , when no sim is in the 3g I just get " no sim" and yes iTunes does find the phone when connected, Is this normal ?
    Last edited by pitbulvig; 09-22-2008 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [FONT="Arial Black"]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    got it!!!!!

+ Reply
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819