+ Reply
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Firmware 2.1 - Grab it While It's Hot

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by mbaharvard Please elaborate. I have tried quickpwn 4 times and still no Cydia (I am still activated and unlocked) there is no version to jailbreak 2.1 yet,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone thebug3000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mbaharvard View Post
    Please elaborate. I have tried quickpwn 4 times and still no Cydia (I am still activated and unlocked)
    there is no version to jailbreak 2.1 yet, thus all of us waiting for one, you will have to wait like everyone else for a copy of the new quickpwn for 2.1

I hope that was clear enough
    EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST | TECHNOLOGY FOR THE FUTURE

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My question is does this really fix the 3G strength or does it just change the representation of the 3G strength. In other words the same crappy signal strength, they're just playing with us by adding more bars, so we think its better.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ibanezcollector View Post
    I had my camera app hiden in boss prefs since I was using snapture now I have no camera LOL...

Any ideas besides a full restore?
    Same Here, I Had ALL my games hidden and was using Docks to launch them. any idea how to get them back?!.. oh.. and a FULL restore doesn't fix this problem.

I tried downgrade back to 2.0.2 with no luck, gave me either error 16 or error 13 this was in DFU mode. could only install 2.1 again.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Seems that the calculator bug is fixed... i.e. now: 2*pi+1 = pi*2+1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    has somone hacked it yet?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Acadian's Avatar
    Thanks

Well the updates listed for v2.1 certainly are in tall order and if they all work properly (ie: extending the lousy battery life, fixing POP and SMTP probs, etc) then definitately worth the update and losing the jailbreak. But I think I'm going to wait until the devs come out with a compatible version of QuickPwn first and then have a lookey-see on what to do (don't mind doing the jailbreak again - it's just getting all my Cyd and Inst apps and settings back in place).

Keeping the fingers crossed that we get good reviews on this update (unlike what 2.0.2 gave us...).
    Cheers,
    Acadian
    Wallpaper Freak

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikiller View Post
    has somone hacked it yet?
    Meaning has it been jailbroken yet? No.

I know there are a lot of posts in this thread but have a quick glance before posting. This question has been asked and answered quite a bit.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Landscape mode Texting!!! oh right im day dreaming... anyways, firmware works FAR better then its predecessors. My 2g iPhone ran like crap on 2.0.x but works excellent now. 3g is still on 2.0.2 and unlocked ;-)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loujob View Post
    My question is does this really fix the 3G strength or does it just change the representation of the 3G strength. In other words the same crappy signal strength, they're just playing with us by adding more bars, so we think its better.
    I think ATT just doesn't have there Sh*t together with there 3G Service... unfortunatly

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bouzo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jgamble317 View Post
    Landscape mode Texting!!! oh right im day dreaming... anyways, firmware works FAR better then its predecessors. My 2g iPhone ran like crap on 2.0.x but works excellent now. 3g is still on 2.0.2 and unlocked ;-)
    And I thought I was the only one who wondered why no landscape texting! No worry though, wait till iRealSMS reases a full, stable, version (still BETA I think) and you'll have what you're looking for. Now in the mean time, let's get this thing pwned!

Green Apple
    Thanks

The service issue has to do with AT&T, so let's give apple some credict. AT&T it's to blame

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I used categories and forgot to disable/uninstall it before upgrading to 2.1. Now the apps that were in the folders are no longer showing, even removing them from iTunes, syncing, re-downloading and then re-syncing them and still nothing. It syncs the apps but doesn't show them. tried restarting computer and phone but still nada, HELP!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes , but we ar talking :2.1 ...yes?

iPhone? More like MyPhone oscar25's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bouzo View Post
    And I thought I was the only one who wondered why no landscape texting! No worry though, wait till iRealSMS reases a full, stable, version (still BETA I think) and you'll have what you're looking for. Now in the mean time, let's get this thing pwned!
    Yeah and landscape e-mail too! That's what I want the most even more than cut & paste.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Upgrade to 2.1
    i figured it out!
    1st gen iphones can only stay activated when unlocked and activated with WINPWN or QUICKPWN (ONLY WINDOWS VERSION) the OS X version does not stay activated!!

cheers

iPhone? More like MyPhone msboy2011's Avatar
    Thanks

i got the spinnign wheel of death then tried to jailbreak my friends ipod ( which went good) but i forgot to unplugg my my phone then so i was f-ed for like an hour so yeah had some issues but im done know and its activating ill tell you how it goes

ok all went well till my iTunes said can not sync when it was syncing my contacts.

it's a lot of F-ing crap
    Last edited by msboy2011; 09-12-2008 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    8GB Apple iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlyest View Post
    i tried *3001#12345#*, get call cannot be completed error.
    I tried #3001#12345#*, get call cannot be completed error.
    I tried #3001#12345*, get call cannot be completed error.

I tried #3001#12345#, and i get an overlay with the progress spinner, then an error that says "error performing request no network service" and a "dismiss" button.

3g 8gig on at&t, and still on 2.0.2 & quickpwn... Not upgrading till quickpwn for 2.1 is released.
    *3001#12345#*

Green Apple
    Thanks
    just updated to 2.1

gotta say that i love it, yea ill miss cydia but its only a few days, im sure dev wont take to long to hack 2.1

definitely a huge difference in speed. apps dont take nearly as long to open up, downloading from the app store is a lot faster and i have better signal strength than before. sms opens up quick and no lag on the typing yet (thats a huge plus, cause it was driving me crazy). So far its a good upgrade and its worth the few sacrifices.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2004.1.8t View Post
    *3001#12345#*
    Note: On my 1.1.4 2g phone, this *3001#12345#* executes a hidden iPhone app called FieldTest.app located at /Applications on the iPhone. I then select Cell Information and see the signal strength (plus lots of other stuff) from all the cell towers. If you're having problems, it's possible the app is missing or ???

Using MobileFinder on the iPhone, a double-click on FieldTest.app does the same thing
    Last edited by Mes; 09-12-2008 at 07:38 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,798 Times in 1,222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by editwizard View Post
    Yet another day I'm grateful that I'm NOT jailbroken. Oh well call me lame if you want...
    And in two days, when I have that AND a video recorder, again you will be sad and ask me to help you at practice, haha.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews