Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 8 + Pwnage = Error 1600

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    If your stuck in DFU mode and dont know how to get out, just hold the sleep and home button at the same time for about 10 seconds... then release both buttons and just hit the sleep button. The phone should power on like normal
    *n00B* Thanks for the tip! Didn't know that. Better do my research first before hacking.

Ok, I have found a way to Restore with a custom firmware in iTunes8 (windows XP), pay attention, ita a little tricky, but I did it with 3 iPhones in a row and it worked:

NOTE: MUST HAVE an Custom Firmware 2.0.2 already (unlocked, etc etc...)

1.- get iTunes8 (duh)

2.- Open winpwn 2.5 BETA2

3.- Expert mode ON, and select 2.0.2, now follow the normal proccedure as you will create a custom firmware, as always ... unlock, select destination of the custom firmware (YOU WONT USE THIS) bla bla bla ... you will get to the step where you must DFU your iPhone, just do it ... now, the screen goes white and winPWN will try to create de custom firmware, it will fail and windows will says something lilke: "winPWN 2.5 has crashed and must be closed"

4.- now, you will have 3 choices in that windows (depure, dont send report of error, send report to microsoft), you must select DEPURE 2 or 3 times ... while you are doing this, open iTunes8, the iPhone's screen will remain white!!! now shift+click restore button and select the 2.0.2 custom firmware you had before (NOT THE ONE YOU JUST CREATED, remember that winPWN crash and WILL NOT WORK!!)

5.- Sit and relax ... you will be in 2.0.2, now go and try UPDATE to 2.1 again, DO NOT RESTORE

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by myvibe View Post
    I also got the error in iTunes 8 when trying to restore my phone in DFU. It was a 3G 2.0.1 done through pwnage.

Instead of going into DFU I tried someones recommendation of opt + restore when the iPhone is running like normal. BAM. Worked great!
    I just did this too. It worked perfectly.

Question New Problem
    Hi.

Mine 3G was update to 2.1 with iTunes 8.0, using recovery mode. DFU mode awayls got 1600 error. The problem is: once I make a restart on the phone, it stills on apple logo. I tryed to restore more than tree times. When I restore to 2.0.2 everthing works fine. Somebody has the same problem?

Tks a lot,

Alexandre
    www.alexandrerimolo.com
    Last edited by arimolo; 09-14-2008 at 08:47 AM.

FredLaBosch
    I had the same "1600" this morning with my 2G and pre-pwned 2.0.1.
    I only pwned it again with Pwnage-Tool (after building the custom fw). After that it worked!

Chris
    Last edited by FredLaBosch; 09-14-2008 at 09:28 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    UPDATE!!!: You dont have to downgrade back to iTunes 7.7
    I also am using a mac... I also upgraded to iTunes 8.0... I also was getting the error(1600) when trying to restore a custom pwnage firmware in DFU mode... was getting frustrated and then decided to try it while NOT in DFU mode, and guess what, it worked! Well it did for me, tell me if it does for you please

So there you have it, you do not have to enter DFU mode. Infact in my case the only way to get the custom firmware to install was to do it out of DFU... just in regular mode.
    Step my step:
    1) Turn on your iPhone
    2) Plug it into your computer and allow iTunes to detect it as normal.
    3) Now hit option/restore and select the custom firmware
    thats it!

If your stuck in DFU mode and dont know how to get out, just hold the sleep and home button at the same time for about 10 seconds... then release both buttons and just hit the sleep button. The phone should power on like normal
    Thanks Reznor9 so much. I had tried everything and almost gave up unlocking my iphone with itunes 8.0 until I read your message.

Unplug your phone and restore and it all works fine.

Thanks

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DorsetMacgeek For This Useful Post:

chillypbear (09-23-2008), kellyvt (09-15-2008)

guys i had the same problem but i used Ziphone to put my iphone to dfu mode and then click restore and ger your iphone 2.1 customer restore from here torrents.to search for: „iphone 2.1“ feed back to all and me please my iphone working just fine and till now i have no problems

Thanks

If your having problems downgrading just uninstall iTunes 8 and install iTunes 7.7 then install firmware 2.0 and then jailbreak with a custom firmware.

Kept getting error 1600 finally tried doing the restore without DFU mode, letting ITunes do all the work. Worked great!!! Using OSX 10.4.11 and ITunes 8.0. Been Jailbreaking since 1.4. Good Luck All!!!
    Last edited by kellyvt; 09-15-2008 at 09:37 AM.

how can you restore without DFU mode? I have been doing this a long time and have never seen it to where you can do that?

I always get the activation screen or that the iphone cant be recognized properly so i put in my SIM(im an actual at and t customer anyways) and it still wont let me get to a restore screen first placing the unit in DFU mode..and then I only get the 1600 error when trying to restore from a custom IPSW.

I have to use the White screen method after winpwn crashes and then it works to perfection-sorta kinda.. Have Vista OSX and .net framework sp1 3.5. Dunno--hope winpwn 3.0 fixes the crashing issues...

i did all but nothing new .. it kept saying error 1600 .. so i tried creating a custom restore file and start from the beginning .. and it WORKED perfect .. "using Pwnage Tool"

good luck for all

Quote Originally Posted by mbaharvard View Post
    Hmmm - a ray of hope for those who have a lot of patience! I am glad you responded with your experience and maybe just perseverance pays off in this matter (it usually does in everything else)! I tried the restore a number of times with the pwned firmware and continued to get the 1600 error until I quickpwned. Let me give your method a try and I'll report back. Were you on a freshly restored iPhone from iTunes 8.0 with the 2.0.2?
    iTunes will not let you restore unless you are unlocked and activated from a fresh install of the stock firmware unless you are in DFU mode which, in my experience. iTunes 8.0 doesn't support with pwned firmware (unless y'all know something I don't).
    ok so this method works, my phone got de-activated some how. I was up all morning trying to figure it out. trying all types of methods. I wish you guys would give better instructions when you try to help. my winpwn kept crashing. that's because i didnt have the latest version which is winpwn 2.5.02 you can download it here winpwn-2.5-BETA_2_Setup.zip ... at uploaded.to - Free File Hosting, Free Image Hosting, Free Music Hosting, Free Video Hosting, ...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

you CANNOT use custom firmwares on the 3G unless you first set the phone into the NEW dfu mode. use winpwn or pwnage to do this. it cannot be entered without the help of pwnage. (from my experience)

A question according to the Update 8.1 from iTunes.
    Is that Update safe for a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 2G?
    Thanks in advance!
    17 months old baby handles iPhone like a Pro: http://www.workablogic.de/2009/12/15...end-von-heute/

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Yes it's safe... go for it!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Astaroth (10-14-2008)

Awesome, it worked! Wow, this makes upgrading a lot easier...

UPDATE!!!: You dont have to downgrade back to iTunes 7.7
    I also am using a mac... I also upgraded to iTunes 8.0... I also was getting the error(1600) when trying to restore a custom pwnage firmware in DFU mode... was getting frustrated and then decided to try it while NOT in DFU mode, and guess what, it worked! Well it did for me, tell me if it does for you please

So there you have it, you do not have to enter DFU mode. Infact in my case the only way to get the custom firmware to install was to do it out of DFU... just in regular mode.
    Step my step:
    1) Turn on your iPhone
    2) Plug it into your computer and allow iTunes to detect it as normal.
    3) Now hit option/restore and select the custom firmware
    thats it!

Sorry if this is a newby question but

Bought three Iphones from an ATT employee for the family (all 2g). On TMobile. PCs at home but I use a Mac, so I figured I would upgrade my own to 2.1 and keep the kids at 2.02.

Ended up with one extra phone (4 gb) that I am going to sell. Jailbroke / pawned this from factory state to 2.1.

However, my own phone (working with 2.02) would not upgrade to 2.1 (got the error 1600). I will try what is shown above BUT is there any reason to upgrade to 2.1?

WAIT. Ok, the technique described above worked. So can I just take this IPSW home and install it on a PC and upgrade the kids's phones using restore mode?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You should be able to take any custom ipsw file and DFU restore to it on windows iTunes to as many phones as you want.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    too late to get this news...

Hi!
    I'm new to this forum here... I pwned my iPhone a few weeks ago, and suddenly it didn't start anymore so I wanted to restore it with the Firmware that I made but now it just don't work... I'll get error 1600, is there any solution for this problem?

I really tried everything, even with iTunes 7.7!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast