Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 8 + Pwnage = Error 1600

Ok well this happened to me just my luck >.<

I didn't know what happened and I was pretty much freaking out. So I was scouring the entire internet on ways to find out what was wrong until later on I saw this bulletin and I was relieved that it wasn't just me anyways what I did to fix this problem was use Quickpwn to flash it back down to 2.0.1 and that worked then I hooked it up too my friends comp who was still using iTunes 7.7.1 and then I restored it back to 2.0.2 and then used winpwn to pwn it and voila it worked and now im using a pwned 2.0.2 iPhone hope this helps someone with this problem!!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yoko666 View Post
    if u get a 1600 error u just need to re-pwn ur itunes. go into the device support folder and delete anything thats in there. open pwnage/winpwn and pwn itunes again. now it should work.

Code:
    vista: c:/users//appdata/roaming/%APP%/ITUNES/DEVICE Support
    XP: C:/Documents and Settings//Application Data/Apple Computer/iTunes/Device Support
    mac: ~/Library/iTunes/Device Support
    (Where  is your login-user name)
    im not entirely sure about the vista path but it will be something close to that
    This didn't work on my mac... updated to iTunes 8. Restored to my stock apple 2.0.2 firmware. Deleted the file in device support... attempted DFU restore (error 1600) and Recovery Mode Restore (error 6).

I've downgraded my iTunes back to 7.7, THEN delete that file, build a new firmware in iTunes....and everything now works. iTunes 8 needs to be patched from the Dev Team for it to work consistently. Until then we have Quickpwn.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 09-11-2008 at 06:08 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

mbaharvard (09-11-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Basically, as long as Quickpwn gets updated then there are no problems with iTunes 8.
    This brings up a good question. I've been happy enough to jailbreak with a simple quickpwn. It gives me Cydia and can install all apps/themes/etc.

So the question is:
    What benifit do you get by loading a custom firmware via winpwn / itunes? I never really understood why you would want to do something the hard way if you get the same result.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just used QuickPwn (mac) + Cydia/Bootneuter = Joy

1st gen iPhone, was on, 1.1.4 (Ziphone) -> 2.0.2 upgrade under iTunes 8.0 (35)

Shut down iTunes & helper.

Jailbroken + Unlocked.

Just finished re-sync & ALL good!

Thanks to the poster in this thread 4 the heads up!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Steen For This Useful Post:

mbaharvard (09-11-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank god some news! I thought i was doing something wrong when i kept getting the 1600 error. I should know better than to doubt myself.

I was trying to restore an iphone on 2.0.2

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I wasn't able to restore in DFU mode either and letting it boot "normally" would make iTunes throw a fit (my OS apparently got corrupted after an app crash, will halt up iTunes indefinitely if booting in normal mode). I just tried plain recovery mode (plugged in, hold Sleep and Home forever until iTunes recognizes it) and I'm restoring and no 1600 error so far like I did with DFU mode. Restoring using my Pwned ipsw as well, under iTunes 8.
    I came, I saw, I forgot what the hell I was there for.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Atokadd's Avatar
    Thanks

Thank god I upgraded.
    Figures, im not suprised that something like this would happen.
    Stay tuned people, I will.
    HAVE I HELPED YOU? Thank me!

Anyone having an issue syncing new/updated apps from iTunes 8 to your device?

Mine: quik-pwnd 2.0.2 16gb iPod, win-xp.

I keep getting the error "application(s) could not be installed because the ipod is not compatible." Syncing is quick and painless, genius playlist are created and loaded to the iPod, and even the app I installed on the Touch made into Applications in iTunes. It's only the updated and new ones I dl'd thru iTunes that won't sync to the iPod.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

devs got a patch already!

gotta love the devs!

*awaits 2.1 and pwn with bated breath*

Thanks

Default Jailbroken 1st Gen iPhone 2.0.1 working fine with iTunes 8
    Hello,

This was done yesterday. I synced my iPhone first before doing anything. Unmounted my iPhone and downloaded iTunes 8.0 and installed the update. After browsing iTunes (Genius) is really strange. Some of its suggestions don't make sense. But going back, I turned off Genius and reconnect my iPhone and proceeded with syncing. No issues. Well, backing up is the same. I thought there would be significant change in speed as what was mentioned by Steve. Just a little feedback.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    This brings up a good question. I've been happy enough to jailbreak with a simple quickpwn. It gives me Cydia and can install all apps/themes/etc.

So the question is:
    What benifit do you get by loading a custom firmware via winpwn / itunes? I never really understood why you would want to do something the hard way if you get the same result.
    someone correct me if i am wrong, but when you use winpwn, it doesn't upgrade your baseband. When using quickpwn, you upgrade to the newest firmware(or whatever one you want to quickpwn), and you upgrade the baseband. Upgrading your baseband and lessens your chance of unlocking your 3G iPhone(if you hate att, or whatever carrier you have), whenever the dev team finds a way to unlock it.
    Last edited by chapelfreak; 09-12-2008 at 01:20 AM. Reason: spelling

oh my god f#& i tunes and the new 8.0....but thanks to this wonderful website.very helpfully...

Default 1602 error.....out of space?
    I resolved my issue by expanding my root partition from 500mb to 800mb using winpwn2.5 (w/update). I do not know if it will solve all the issues but it did for me....

--iBrickr recovered from my brick attempts....

good thing I didnt upgrade

Default Stuck... Help PLz
    So i forgot that there was issues with pwnage and itunes 8, and went ahead and tried to use pwnage tool to restore with FW 2.0.2.

Now i am stuck in restore mode and nothing works. I tried quick pwn for Mac but it doesn't reconize my phone. I tired using itunes 7.6 and that didn't work i got the 1600 error again.

Can someone please help me here i'm phone-less lol

Issue resolved did a restore to the factory FW 2.0.2 not the custom.
    Last edited by Yetti12; 09-13-2008 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Yetti12 For This Useful Post:

Macboy67 (09-13-2008)

Thanks

That worked for me too

I just wanted to say that today my friend brought his iphone over never been pwn jailbroken or unlocked. And I already updated to 8.0. But I figured i would give it a try anyways. So I ran Winpwn 2.5 for firmware 2.0.1 on his phone. Winpwn Crashed. I when into Itunes Shift click restore selected the Custom firmware i just created and it worked great no issues or anything. Just thought i would share that The Custome fireware worked for me on Itunes 8.0 Hope maybe this helped someone out there. I havent tried this out on my iphone which has been pwn'd worth a shot tho just to re pwn itunes

iPhone? More like MyPhone Flatbeats's Avatar
    Thanks

let me get this right.
    If my iphone is allready pwned then I wont get the 1600 error? while restoring to custom ispw files.

If it was un pwned then id be getting the error? unless I used quickpwn.
    iPhone 3G Jail broken 4.2.1 - redsn0w
    iPhone 3G unlocked & Jail broken 3.1.2 - Blackra1n

I also got the error in iTunes 8 when trying to restore my phone in DFU. It was a 3G 2.0.1 done through pwnage.

Instead of going into DFU I tried someones recommendation of opt + restore when the iPhone is running like normal. BAM. Worked great!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast