+ Reply
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 2.1 Announced - To be Released this Friday

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by JoMama Help please. I upgraded last night, then when my phone was rebooting it never actually started. All I got and still have is the apple logo.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoMama View Post
    Help please. I upgraded last night, then when my phone was rebooting it never actually started. All I got and still have is the apple logo. I power it off and turn it back on and its just the apple logo. It wont go any further. I tried syncing it and restoring my settings and itunes says it's doing it, but my itouch still wont actually go any further than the apple boot screen. I tried leaving it on to give it time, but the itouch just stays there until it looses battery. Did this happen to anyone else or does anyone else know what I can do? Yes I had the pod jailbroken with the 2.0 software if that means anything.

EDIT: and when I plug it in the Logo stays and i get the little loading circle right below it for maybe 5 mins then it just freezes
    Did you try DFU mode and restore??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Projectile For This Useful Post:

JoMama (09-11-2008)

Thanks

Yeah. All this hype over a phone that's still missing the basics. Even free phones have MMS.

Most phone's don't use email, they use MMS and it's pathetic that we can't even receive our friends' MMS messages!

What gives?

Green Apple
    Thanks

MMS is step back. Let other phone catch up to the iPhone. So if they can't email is there lost not ours. BTW MMS is so limited

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King Chronic View Post
    hi i pwned 2.1 if anyone has an ipod touch plz let me know so i can give you the pwnage bundle to test thanks
    I have an iPod Touch to test

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoolander369 View Post
    Yeah. All this hype over a phone that's still missing the basics. Even free phones have MMS.

Most phone's don't use email, they use MMS and it's pathetic that we can't even receive our friends' MMS messages!

What gives?
    Replace MMS with a two-buttom mouse. We don't have MMS because AT&T doesn't want to. We don't have MMS because it's not part of Apple's "philosophy". They don't see a point to MMS when there's e-mail and what Steve says is law over at Cupertino.

THAT SAID.... AT&T totally dropped the ball with the whole viewmymessage.com fiasco. How that page isn't optimized for iPhone still is beyong incompetent. Hell, I would PAY for a "forward MMS messages to X e-mail" option on AT&T's website. And I don't even care for MMS, my roommate is the only person I know who uses MMS and she doesn't send me pics often.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I don't understand why people that see MMS as a must have feature would buy the iPhone. 2 minutes of research and anyone could have learned that. If it is so vital it's your fault for buying a phone that doesn't support it.

And someone actually said there are 10 million apps for Nokia that "do everything in the world"...whew I get hyperbole, but that is just plain delusional. Guess that is being a fanboy to the extreme. Too funny.
    Last edited by GNice; 09-11-2008 at 01:06 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Replace MMS with a two-buttom mouse. We don't have MMS because AT&T doesn't want to. We don't have MMS because it's not part of Apple's "philosophy". They don't see a point to MMS when there's e-mail and what Steve says is law over at Cupertino.

THAT SAID.... AT&T totally dropped the ball with the whole viewmymessage.com fiasco. How that page isn't optimized for iPhone still is beyong incompetent. Hell, I would PAY for a "forward MMS messages to X e-mail" option on AT&T's website. And I don't even care for MMS, my roommate is the only person I know who uses MMS and she doesn't send me pics often.
    The problem is that no matter what Jobs says, he can't force change, because he wants it. There is still an economic component. The "you don't need MMS" is an APPLE centric philosophy that was only applicable when the iPhone was only available through AT&T USA. Now that its available through many carriers world wide (including T-Mobile USA - Unlocked of course), they have to play nice. Nice as in they need to comply with already existing standards, that have been working for those carriers before the iPhone came along. Many people have phones other than the iPhone and use MMS with their friends and family, the problem is some get caught up in the iPhone frenzy and don't relize it does not support MMS. Then the wining starts... Carriers are already putting pressure on apple.

But I digress, if AT&T or others offered an MMS to Email service or bridge, what a wonderful place it would be. But the carriers are not gonna take up the added expense of Gateways because of Apple's philosophy.

Why is everyone so hell bent on forcing everyone else to except email for picture messaging? This stuff is starting to sound like MICROSOFT, trying to jam there technology and views down everyones throat.

Thanks

ive read the first 4 pages of this.

honestly, EVERY phone i have seen lately does have e-mail support, its just that people are not familiar with having e-mail on their mobile phone.

i have shown about 10 of my friends and set them up with g-mail on the sericssons and each one has been extremely impressed.

i agree with Eurisko, MMS is a tool of the past and people need to be dragged forward to e-mail. Look at it this way, IF MMS was phased out there is e-mail. Will e-mail ever be phased out?

Also, sending MMS comes with a charge from the carrier. e-mail = free with a data bolt on. Go figure...
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Ya projectile you're absolutely right. Why in the world would people say MMS is a step back? you cant just jump into the future can you? You introduce new technology to coexist with old ones until the old one is rendered obsolete. Maybe MAYBE the next generation of iphone's could've skipped MMS, but not the current ones.

And why the hell the iphone still doesnt have basic bluetooth functionality is still a mystery to me. Step-backwards??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aayman_farzand View Post

And why the hell the iphone still doesnt have basic bluetooth functionality is still a mystery to me. Step-backwards??
    i hope by basic functionality you dont mean the ability to send/recieve files?

in apples world everyone that owns an iphone buys all of their music on itunes. "in apples world"

so ... in theory, imagine the loss of itunes sales if they incorporated this.

it will NEVER happen.

as for bluetooth audio, still a mystery...
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Mms can be a thing of the past but what about sending video messages that wouldn't be possible through email right?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can't wait to see it ...

Green Apple
    Thanks

At what time will this be released? 12:01??

Guess not
    Last edited by ChaseSTi; 09-12-2008 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yeah was looking forward to getting into work and finding a nice new update to play with...

Never mind

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

Green Apple
    Thanks

anyone see 2.1 live yet, im waiting up late for this! haha touch has shown so much performance jump its really appealing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    honestly, EVERY phone i have seen lately does have e-mail support, its just that people are not familiar with having e-mail on their mobile phone.
    Hmm, then I will honestly tell you that NOT every phone has e-mail support.

..and people need to be dragged forward to e-mail.
    What's with this dragging forward? You treat people like some friggin pets. Replace the technology aspect with ideology and you have dictatorship.

Also, sending MMS comes with a charge from the carrier. e-mail = free with a data bolt on. Go figure...
    Do you really trying to say that you know data plans of every carrier in the world that currently sell iPhones? Then again, I will honestly tell you that e-mail is NOT always free and often is MORE expensive then MMS.

And more topic-related: any word on the firmware yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asta-roth View Post
    Hmm, then I will honestly tell you that NOT every phone has e-mail support.

What's with this dragging forward? You treat people like some friggin pets. Replace the technology aspect with ideology and you have dictatorship.

Do you really trying to say that you know data plans of every carrier in the world that currently sell iPhones? Then again, I will honestly tell you that e-mail is NOT always free and often is MORE expensive then MMS.

And more topic-related: any word on the firmware yet?

Sorry, but you misread. He said that every new phone he has seen lately has E-mail support. It's true, even the ****** nokia free phones have E-Mail. E-Mail is free, however data is not. So there in lies the real issue: Data plan pricing. And my god, it's a phone, apple didn't twist your arm or shoot your brother to get you to purchase it, so much for a dictatorship...

I haven't seen anything about the f/w. What time have past f/w's been released? My gut would tell me something like 6:00AM PST, but that's just a guess.

Oh yeah, my $0.02 about MMS: It's time for a change in the way we get those messages. Carriers want to keep the service around because they get paid for every message sent and recieved/retrieved. With E-Mail, I'm sure that they could charge the same, but there would probably be a huge backlash, considering how E-Mail has been free forever.

This is what happens though with technology. A company will drop support for 'tried and true feature' in favor of newer tech. There will then be a group of whiners who can't live without said old featuer. Eventually, they stop ******** when they realize that their tech is not going to be supported no matter how much they whine and that it is outdated, retarded and completely useless (I kid, I kid!)
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Sorry, but you misread.
    Now I see I did.

So there in lies the real issue: Data plan pricing.
    That's exactly right. So don't you think it would be cool if we got to choose which way we prefer/which is less expensive? It would take a minimal effort from their side to shut half of people up at least concerning one of the features that it supposebly lacks.

And my god, it's a phone, apple didn't twist your arm or shoot your brother to get you to purchase it, so much for a dictatorship...
    U sure? That didn't really concern apple, but all those saying that we need to be dragged into something. MMS is not a thing of the past and it's usually customers who through their purchases/actions decide what is old news and what's not.

I haven't seen anything about the f/w. What time have past f/w's been released? My gut would tell me something like 6:00AM PST, but that's just a guess.
    I wonder if the battery is really gonna last a bit longer. Too many freezes as well.

Green Apple
    Thanks

when would this firmware 2.1 will be realeased

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Dont know when will it release . But its Sunday here in New Zealand and still waiting......