Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 2.1 Announced - To be Released this Friday

Quote Originally Posted by oscar25 View Post
    Can we move the mms discussion somewhere else? Or is it really related to this topic?
    i believe so. we're discussing the new firmware, and it's support (or lack thereof) of MMS.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to corizzle For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (09-09-2008), r1994augusto (09-09-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by corizzle View Post
    you have to pay for credits to use biteSMS.

& teleflip's website has been down for over a month, and has never worked for me.

you can send a picture through mms to an email address the same way you can send a picture through email to an email address.
    In the options of biteSMS you can change it to "send through carrier" which doesnt cost anything extra. The default method of sending is via biteSMS (zereo credits) Change it to Carrier and it's free. You can swipe across a text message and forward it to someone else (very slick, close enough to copy and paste for me as far as text goes!)

And oh damn about teleflip

Problems:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teleflip
    2008-Aug-12: Teleflip Inc. CEO Tony Davis announced in an email to Teleflip users that "the piggy bank is empty" and that Flipmail will be turned off on August 15, 2008 at 9 a.m, but Flipout will continue to operate.
    2008-Sep-06: The official Teleflip website was non-functional and SMS message delivery failed.
    Last edited by JazJon; 09-09-2008 at 05:32 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by idolpunk View Post
    How is email way better to use than mms??? When you send an email with a picture in it or an MMS it still goes through the same network hogging the same bandwidth.

I don't understand why every apple fanboy just bends over and takes what ever apple feeds to them
    lol im not fanboy. i never take it in the booty hole either thank you very much. i know many tech illiterate people who have email on their mobiles and can use most features without a hassle. my grandma uses email even, sure they do not know what SSH is and all that jazz but hey MMS isnt a cool feature.

MMS is also more expensive to cellular carriers and only allow for crap compression due to size limit. ive had n95s,blackberries, etc with MMS and when i would take a nice pic to send ATT and tmobile would crap up the quality on other handsets due to compression.

Email allows for larger files, speedier, and less of a hassle to keep up. it would be a cool add-on but i doubt it will be included so no flaming but its time to move on from dreaming about MMS. we all know that it wont be included so can we discuss other new features of the new firmware that we hear of.
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

BEST line of the day: "it's just a big circle of FAIL."

Thanks for that... I busted out laughing for real.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (09-10-2008)

You Can Already Download 2.1 I just looked on iTunes!

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

iphone or ipod touch? ^^
    the touch firmware is out today and not the iphones
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon

LOL de corrizle said it best, it's a big circle of FAIL. My phones unlocked so soon as SwirlyMMS is released I'll be set, but not having it was a bad move IMO

Quote Originally Posted by corizzle View Post
    i believe so. we're discussing the new firmware, and it's support (or lack thereof) of MMS.
    Yes, but do we need a b*tch session of why mms is good or bad or why people love it or hate on this thread?

Actually i dont mind the lack of MMS support i would just wish that i could go to the at&t website and assign my number to my email then when someone sends me a MMS bam its in my email. that way i get to use my email and not have to worry about remembering the damn code to see the pic.

Message for the devteam
    BETTER YOU ALL FOLK BETTER GET ON WORKING WITH THIS TIRED OF BUGS!
    AND BACKUP TIME!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok.....So we are all in common with one thing...Are views about MMS are all different...And to be a bit more to point....Lets get back to the TOPIC at hand please..

Well then...Any more news about firm ware 2.1? I just got done playing with 2.0.2, and i see nothing that i like over the last two before it.

I tunes 8.0 is AVIL. VIA download through Itunes...I am about to test it now, and let you know if it is going to mess up anyone that has a jailbroke IPhone..

I wont be able to speak for the 3G, But 2g..Plese stay tuned..

Please i love the fact that we all have thoughts about the services, but their is a place for it..And a post like this is not really one...I had to sift through 4 pages of Crap talk to get anything out of it...I'm not downing any of your thoughts! But can we get it in the right place?

Please...Thanks! I love MMI, it is teaching me a lot....And would like to keep it that way

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asta-roth View Post
    Second of all comparing MMS to floppies doesn't really makes sense,
    haha the IRONY!

Quote Originally Posted by Myque View Post
    txtmsj lag laaaaag laaaaag, no more on 2.1? thats the only thing i reaaly want.

(well i want the battery save too :P tired of charging my phone every day)

(I wonder if battery save will work on 1g itouch too :S)
    I totally agree! I am glad somebody brought that up!
    Last edited by Boxerman1; 09-09-2008 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

no txt msg??

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matt.superman View Post
    Actually i dont mind the lack of MMS support i would just wish that i could go to the at&t website and assign my number to my email then when someone sends me a MMS bam its in my email. that way i get to use my email and not have to worry about remembering the damn code to see the pic.

Bingo ! That would work perfect for me. Cant they at least format the url so we dont have to manually type in the code number for the viewmymessage site AT&T Wireless ? They could at least make it a one click view. Would it really be that hard? Think how nice it would be to get a text message you simply click a link and it opens in Safari.

I rarely use MMS, but when I want it I want it. Not all my friends have iphones.

well hopefully this addresses the issue with the security breach we got. LOL. But we have to wait and see what comes on Friday. Hopefully it will be worth it.

better be some big updates if it went from 2.0.2 to 2.1.

anyone else feel me? haaaa

I really don't want apple to put mms on iphone for what. Thats old use email, its 100 times better. You people need to stop complaining about this. NO MMS ON IPHONE! Apple if you listening don't you dare.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

This is exciting, hope we get a jailbreak soon!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks

You my friend have just conveyed a message that the people whom Apple targets the iPhone to cannot comprehend. As the mere thought of an iPhone closes all logic and processing. I too have had these conversations with the iPhone elite. I carry two phones for the same reasons you do. But when the iPhone elite hear me speak this hearacy, (iPhone in hand) they look at me in dismay, and wonder why I would not except things as Apple has presented them to me. Wonder how they would feel if Apple decided to pull that crappy old TEXT messaging function from their iPhones, and told them all to use email.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_neo View Post
    That's an incredibly arrogant comment, and I'm surprised to see it coming from a moderator of this forum.

For a start, sure, I like my iphone, but I wouldn't call it a real phone in a month of Sundays. It doesnt even come close to touching several phones released a year or more before. The only thing it does over most others is multi touch and a nice web browser.

Other than that it lacks a hell of a lot of features considered standard by now in "real phones".

I use e-mail sure, but without a data plan, which 99% of average phone users don't have, they can't send emails. Those incluned to send "MMS" generally aren't technologically inclined.

My point is, I want to send a picture of something "interesting" or "fun" to my girlfriend, now, she has a phone, that i bought her, because it's practical, does everything she needs and it's fairly simple to use.

Problem? I can't send her that picture, because I don't have MMS, can't send it to my dad, he doesn't use email on his N95, it receives MMS, on his N95 8GB, it receives MMS, on his iphone ... because the others receive MMS. My mum, she doesn't even use internet, or email, but she likes to receive MMS pictures etc.

I'm in the field of Electronic Engineering& Computer Science, so of course i can fix things my end, but most of my family and friends happen not to be so technologically inclined to be setting up email addresses and data plans just to receive a picture on their phone that is perfectly capable of receiving MMS, just because my phone can't send them.

If i want them to receive it in 6 hours when they get home from work and check their e-mail, sure, i'll sent it like that.

But not to worry, if I want them to see it now, I carry around a REAL phone, so I pull my N95 out and MMS them with that. Problem solved.

Sure I love having my emails on the go on my iphone, but lets face it, those who are most likely to want to send pictures of random things from their phone want to do it as simply as sending a text, and 99% of phone companies offer that right out of the box with no knowledge or effort from them required.
    Last edited by Projectile; 09-09-2008 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Spelling

iPhone? More like MyPhone iRoach74's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    haha, what is it with you guys and MMS? It's a has been technology.
    well if MMS is "has been technology", then my opportunity to get "teh n3wdz" 'has been' :'(

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast