+ Reply
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: dTunes - like iTunes, but free!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I think the dTunes is cool
    Banned
    Thanks

I think the dTunes is cool

Green Apple
    Thanks
    hmmm strange every time I try download a song I get... Download failed. Could not create download folder.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Wow
    dTunes is awesome.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do you download it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've just installed the application and having difficulties using the gettorrent script.

Here is the script;

cd /var/mobile/Library/Downloads

ctorrent

I've followed the instructions but to no avail. After downloading a torrent file, I'm instructed to go to mobile terminal and enter ./gettorrent to start the downloads. I feel like that script should have the filename of the torrent. Shouldn't the filename be implemented each and every time a torrent file is downloaded?

To circumvent this issue, I've ssh'd into the iphone via putty and ran the ctorrent from the /var/mobile/Library/Downloads directory directly.

Any hints?

TIA
    ~Renato
    Last edited by runssh; 02-05-2009 at 01:27 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by runssh View Post
    I've just installed the application and having difficulties using the gettorrent script.

Here is the script;

cd /var/mobile/Library/Downloads

ctorrent

I've followed the instructions but to no avail. After downloading a torrent file, I'm instructed to go to mobile terminal and enter ./gettorrent to start the downloads. I feel like that script should have the filename of the torrent. Shouldn't the filename be implemented each and every time a torrent file is downloaded?

To circumvent this issue, I've ssh'd into the iphone via putty and ran the ctorrent from the /var/mobile/Library/Downloads directory directly.

Any hints?

TIA
    ~Renato
    When you download the torrent, go to browse and select it to prepare it. What is really happening is a script is running to create a new gettorrent file that includes the name of the torrent file you downloaded. When you type ./gettorrent it executes the script and begins to download...pending the tracker accepts the ctorrent application.

I've found that many private trackers won't allow ctorrent, so after I have prepared the new gettorrent file, I have to edit the file and after ctorrent I put in -A "-UT1610-" to simulated being utorrent 1.6.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
    When you download the torrent, go to browse and select it to prepare it. What is really happening is a script is running to create a new gettorrent file that includes the name of the torrent file you downloaded. When you type ./gettorrent it executes the script and begins to download...pending the tracker accepts the ctorrent application.

I've found that many private trackers won't allow ctorrent, so after I have prepared the new gettorrent file, I have to edit the file and after ctorrent I put in -A "-UT1610-" to simulated being utorrent 1.6.1.
    Thanks for the tip but unfortunately, I'm still not seeing any modifications to the gettorrent script. I ran the steps in dtunes to prepare the torrent. Went to mobile terminal and ran ./gettorrent and I came up w/ the following error message:

./gettorrent: line2 745 Bus error

ctorrent '/var/mobile/Library/Downloads/'

I cat the gettorrent script and line 2 shows no filename for the most recent torrent retrieved/prepared by dtunes.

What is my recourse?

Thanks,
    Renato

What's Jailbreak? iTouchedMyTouch's Avatar
    Thanks
    So can you move these songs to your iPod/iPhone music library?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey Nefarious (had to post here - your PM was turned OFF),

I'm the author of dTunes and just saw your post here:

Can you please forward me more information on this? Does this speed up the downloads?

You are correct that a batch file is created:

It looks like this:
    Code:
    cd /var/mobile/Library/Downloads/
    ctorrent 'whatever.torrent'
    Then I run this to grant execute on the file:
    Code:
    chmod 755 /var/mobile/gettorrent
    I've made a few other fixes recently and will probably release a new version soon.

I'd be interested to hear more about your code and possibly include after some testing.

Note to other users: Basically when Terminal starts it starts in the Mobile directory - where the batch file is. When you run ./gettorrent the above code is run (changes directory for saving and then starts CTorrent).

Cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there anyway to log into a torrent site through dtunes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stitchwod View Post
    Hey Nefarious (had to post here - your PM was turned OFF),
    PM'd you

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tuddy View Post
    Is there anyway to log into a torrent site through dtunes?
    If you're having problems with the browser inside dTunes then you can use Safari instead to download the Torrent file. Basically anything you save using the Safari Download plugin will appear in dTunes. When you've downloaded the Torrent file go into dTunes to prepare before heading into Terminal.

@Nefarious - Thanks, will check and test it out soon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just jailbroke my iphone 3g on 2.2.1 and downloaded dTunes but no icon appeared on my home screen, do i need to download something else 1st

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paulbenxx View Post
    i just jailbroke my iphone 3g on 2.2.1 and downloaded dTunes but no icon appeared on my home screen, do i need to download something else 1st
    Reinstall it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stitchwod View Post

You are correct that a batch file is created:

It looks like this:
    Code:
    ctorrent 'whatever.torrent'
    Then I run this to grant execute on the file:
    Code:
    chmod 755 /var/mobile/gettorrent
    Hi guys, I'm having problem with the gettorrent script. The script generated looks like:

ctorrent '/var/mobile/Library/Downloads/whatever.torrent'

I'm guessing the stuff in bold shouldn't be there right?
    Does anyone know how can I modify the gettorrent script to correct it?

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love it! thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I love this app, yet I have noticed that most "recently released" songs arent available in dtunes. But then again its free so who cares lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Seeqpod down??
    For some reason, the past few day I have opened my dtunes player, and went to search for a song, only when I hit the search button, seeqpod didn't come up!!! So I thought maybe I would have to download dtunes again, but before I did this, I went on my laptop and went to www.seeqpod.com and still nothing came up there either!! So, can someone shed some light on this?? Is this happening for anyone else? Thanks guys!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I noticed this too. I think they are fixing the servers or something. I read it on my phone last night.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Seeqpod Knocked Down, Will It Ever Get Up?

I hope they find a solution

UPDATE
    SeeqPod To Return Soon. In Acquisition Mode
    By Richard Menta 4/26/09

I received a note today from SeeqPod CEO Kasian Franks that's good news for SeeqPod fans. "SeeqPod is in the process of moving a few servers due to an acquisition by a media company. We'll be back up shortly."

I followed up with Kasian on the phone for a brief call and he confirmed that SeeqPod is alive and kicking. I asked him for details about the acquisition, but the deal has not been finalized yet so he could not disclose who they were in negotiations with. Franks did share that SeeqPod's suitor was a large media company that was a competitor to Apple.

A successful acquisition by a deep-pocketed company adds a new wrinkle as it will give SeeqPod the added resources to weather the lawsuit filed against it by several record labels. Of course, the suit adds risk for the acquiring company, but Franks stressed that SeeqPod is not as much about music than about playable search in all of its forms. We are "looking at a great change in how we access content", he told me. Indeed, the true value in SeeqPod's powerful technology is that it goes a long way towards harnessing this change.

http://www.mp3newswire.net/stories/9...od_return.html
    Last edited by dallasnights; 04-27-2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: update
    ------------------------------

iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

+ Reply
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast