Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to add weather widget to homescreen

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    There is no directory /Library/Themes. I had to put it in /private/var/stash/Themes.wXONeG/

That's because you used BossTool to move your applications, there should be a link to it though from the /Library/ folder.

It works fine using City/Country if you are outside the US. And in the US you use "United States".

If your icon doesnt show up it's because you havn't selected an icon set. I did that at first, and by default it doesn't have one specified, so you have to pick one.

If you want to customise, you can edit the stylesheets, I have moved mine into place like bluaeon and made it fit into the the space a bit better. You can always make other customisations though however you like.

Maybe it would be wise to post a zip of a pre-configured version of each style with bells, whistles and stars and arrows pointing to the location where you put the city/country so that people can atleast get it going.

I know it's not a difficult thing but looking at something like that can put the feint hearted off, and even though it's a simple task of find and replace, looking at a page of code scares some people.

Anyway, thanks for the widget, it's cool, i'm going to customise it somewhat to suit my needs but in terms of functionality it works great.

My first aim is to have it refresh when the image is touched.
    NeO
    iPhone 2G 2.2 8GB - VodaUK
    |OSX86 10.5.6|Win 7|Win XP|Win Vista Ult|

not even showimg up on my phone period went back and edited and started over any ideas?
    Who uses signatures these days???

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

are there plans to make this more user friendly (ie not have to use SSH to change settings on this thing?)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JK1234 View Post
    not even showimg up on my phone period went back and edited and started over any ideas?

Did you remember to enable it in winterboard? It's an easy to forget step.

It also wont work alongside other winterboard background options that use a html page.
    NeO

Does anyone know how to remove this while in SSH? When I try to remove this it gives me a failure to remove error.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alias_neo View Post
    That's because you used BossTool to move your applications, there should be a link to it though from the /Library/ folder.
    Nope. I dont use bosstool and there is no link.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Nope. I dont use bosstool and there is no link.

Well, i think Cydia must move your apps around when installs. Try install BossTool and use it to move the apps, it should fix the links etc.
    NeO

Looks nice, thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0002-1-.png  

Thanks

I do not know if it is just me but I am not extracting a '.theme' file I am seeing all the contents so i cannot right click and 'show package contents', any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

doesnt seem to work with ihour

works with my single wallpaper themes tho
    Last edited by GodzillaAteMyiPhone; 09-02-2008 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Is anyone have issue with the interval update. I have set mine to 30 minutes. But it will only update after I respring.

That soo neccessary
    since i live in florida..
    Where hurricance, random rain, and random heat
    come out of nowhere

How did those few people who posted screenshots get theres to look so different, im read about customzing those few things but im still confused

for the US, i live in ny, do i put New York, NY or New York, United States of America?

edit: nvm got it, the only thing is the icon not appearing

edit:nvm got it, typed the icon name wrong lol
    Last edited by drloco149; 09-02-2008 at 08:39 PM.

New York, United States worked for me.

I put New York, New York. it worked fine

If someone figures out how to create a manual refresh on this, it would be very much appreciated!

Has anyone tried to activate this on their lock screen? Don't really want to try just yet. :P

Thanks

a little tweaking and messing.. but got it just right..
    Sweet widget!

Banned
    Thanks

A few issues with this.

1, No cache, always refreshes. Everytime you lock or unlock it refreshes. On the lock screen it works nicely but when I unlock it all I get is loading and it never loads. Just gets annoying as everytime it locks it refreshes. Will it ever remember and stick to the schedule we setup in the config file?

2, Is there a way to make this work as the weather icon instead of behind all the icons?
    I had to edit the scheme file just to make it fit in the dots bar as it was behind the bottom bar of icons and you couldnt read it at all.
    Anyone else having this problem edit the file (I used split.css) and change margin-top:315px; to margin-top:340px; That puts the split scheme in the dots bar. BUT!!! If you also use that same scheme for the lock screen it does move it down so copy it to another file and rename it to something like splitlock.css and use that for the lock screen.

Looking forward to version 3. Hope that has less bugs

Quote Originally Posted by tdotcspot View Post
    If someone figures out how to create a manual refresh on this, it would be very much appreciated!

Has anyone tried to activate this on their lock screen? Don't really want to try just yet. :P
    If you want it to manual refresh just lock and unlock your phone.

I found it works better in the lock screen. I've turned it off for the wallpaper screen as it is all wrong and never refreshes. It's always says loading. Takes a bit of messing around to get it in the right place.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 09-02-2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Same problem here....how do I fix the weather icon on the right?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast