Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to add weather widget to homescreen

It's called Bluebird. I set a blank app on the bottom left and the weather app in the bottom right corner (but removed the name and icon). A couple of other small tweaks too.

But yeah, can anyone help, my OCD is not happy with this...

Question Weather Widget Problems
    I installed the widget and activated it in Winterboard..
    Everything works fine except that when i have the widget on the top of the list of themes in winterboard it will not show any of my other themes wallpapers...can anyone help me..all my apps and firmware are updated to the latest..

any way to install this widget weather with vista theme on 2.2 with winterboard ? because I dont have the icon on left (sun or shadows)

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohaider View Post
    What parameter in the stylesheet would I change to get the clouds to appear a little higher up? I've been on this for two hours and I can't get it right...

I don't have this theme, but you should have something like this in your stylesheet:

#weatherIcon{
    height: 50px;
    width: 50px;
    position: absolute;
    left: 220px;
    margin-top: -18px;
    text-shadow: #000000 1px 2px 1px;

If so, play with the 'margin-top' line. Good luck

I'm actually having trouble unzipping the file, the unzipped folder is missing some files because it says a file already exists with the same name. Anybody else is having this problem? Or is there any place I can find an version that is not zipped?

Cool. I did that kind of thing before.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

thank you very much man i appreciate it

I'm having a helluva time trying to get this to work. when I dowload the zipped file, i unzip it...no problem. However, there's a few folders that get unzipped. one says Macos10 or something?

What folder am I supposed to be editing from? What files exactly are supposed to get uploaded? Do the html files need to get uploaded as well? Confused

does anyone have problems with the weather icon not mathing the time of day??? It'll be day icon at night and viva versa.

And does anyone know where I can find all the weather icons ?? I think I'm missing some

I'm having troubles getting this to work! It shows up on winterboard and when I click it nothing happens! The widget doesn't show up or nothing...I went through and double checked to make sure I did everything right and I did...anybody know what's going on?

Thanks in advance

Also my theme is picnic

anyone? any help is greatly appreciated!

i still haven't been able to get this to work

Ok, well I know SOMEBODY has to know how to do this because I could definitely use some help! Anyway, I love this Weather Widget even more than the icon because it is still more reliable and better looking. My problem is this; I have a stock looking first page, so I have 2 blanks spaces, but then the rest of my pages are completely filled with apps, so there is no room. I want to keep my weather widget on Page 1, but then have it go away for all of the other pages. Does someone know something I could add so that it would just show up on the 1st page? BTW, Im using myopia in case it matters...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hey, i was wondering if u can help me.. what i'm trying to do is put the weather widget on my lockscreen (i've seen the tutorial but havent been able to do it)

i tried over and over again but let me explain what i want to do. At the moment i have intelliscreen and Katra's Weather HD.theme installed. what i want is to have something like this :

can this be done ? having the background picture (of katra) as well as the temp (of katra) and battery level (does such thing exist btw?) beside the time?

tia
    Last edited by stocis; 02-01-2009 at 09:52 PM.
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

Last edited by dontmakemehurtu; 01-26-2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: deleted post

mine wont show up in winterboard

is there a theme that i can just download that has the info across the springboard, im ont great at the coding

Quote Originally Posted by dontmakemehurtu View Post
    27 pages and I counted 6 people having my problem, with no solution offered whatsoever. (And no the "orange circles" solution isn't one!)

First, I am using the latest iPhone firmware, Cydia and Winterboard versions and toyvan's Glass Orb theme without 5-Icon Dock installed (meaning my dock has 4 icons) but with his "Extras" (meaning Glass Orb Battery). I install this package and follow the instructions to the letter, except I use oneLine since it fits on my home screen better. And it works! It displays New York's temperature and appropriate icon right where one would expect it to. It displays everything... except my theme's wallpaper!

I just need this explained in plain English. Don't get me wrong, it works on my iPhone. I just want my wallpaper to show too.

UPDATE:

For those who have a theme with a wallpaper that this widget makes disappear, Pay Attention!!

My theme (Glass Orb) had no Wallpaper.html of its own in its folder. Make sure yours doesn't either.

My theme (Glass Orb) had its own wallpaper in .jpg format. If yours is also .jpg, convert it to .png. If yours is already .png, no conversion is needed. If your is of another format, convert it to .png.

Put the .png format of your wallpaper in the root folder of the theme, "WeatherWidget,theme"

No CSS or HTML editing required other than the changes the developer mentioned in the very first post.

If your wallpaper is animated, changes or is video, I'm sorry. I don't think I can help. My instructions here work for a static wallpaper image.
    sorry but your advice didn't help me at all, this widget will not show up for me, it showed my wallpaper for half of a second and then it went dark, any help would be greatly appreciated...
    Last edited by ceeboski; 04-06-2009 at 04:27 AM.

I'm Lost on step 6 what is SSH I have a mac and have No idea what this is or how to connect. Can you help?

thanks (A friend figured this out for me so I got it to work, took more work than I knew what to do, I guess I missed this class in college)

Quote Originally Posted by p c View Post
    you can change the height of you widget by going into the stylesheets folder and modify your selected stylesheet. Modify the #weathercontaner/ margin-top:

the larger the number the lower it sits

where do I find the stylesheet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by persichini View Post
    @: the_opn
    here you go... sorry i took so long i had to fix a format issue that was bugging me...
    in the zip file you will find a weather icon. put that in your current theme that your using. it will make you weather icon invisable.. then apply the weather widget theme. make sure the weather app is the top right icon on the home screen.

i also set it to Slough Weather for you injoy.

anyone else that wants to use it can just make sure to change your location.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thanks for doing all the work. I haven't tried it yet. Is the file for this particular theme or can I use any theme and still be able to use this?
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by persichini View Post
    Here is my contribution I made the weather widget into my weather app icon.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

First I replaced the weather icon with a transparent one then I used the following settings.

and yes you can still click on the weather icon and have it pull up the weather app.

#WeatherContainer{
    float:right;
    margin-top:-5px;
    margin-right:17px;
    color:black;
    padding:5px 10px 5px 10px;
    }

#TextContainer{
    clear: both;
    text-align: right;
    font-family: sans-serif;
    text-shadow: #fff 0 0 4px;
    font-weight: bold;}

#city{
    text-transform:capitalize;
    font-variant: small-caps;
    font-size: 0.8em;
    }

#TextContainer p{
    padding:0;
    margin:0;
    }

#desc{
    text-transform:capitalize;
    display:none;
    }

#temp{
    font-size: 2em;
    }

#weatherIcon{
    height:64px;
    width:64px;
    border:none;
    float: right;
    margin-top:-37px;
    margin-right:-22px;
    }

Where/what did you add this to? I'd like to try it myself so I can learn how to do it.
    How do I get a transparent weather icon as well?

I see that a lot of you are able to change where the weather widget is located. How can I do this. If you have the time step by step instructions would GREATLY be appreciated. I'm a total noob to this and reading 25pg is making me more confused. Do I make the changes in the configure me program? Right now if my weather widget is on I can't seem to use any of my backgrounds or themes. Do I have to add the widget to the theme like I read from other posts?If anyone is in southern Cali and willing to help Lunch/dinner is on me.

Thanks
    Last edited by VooDoo13; 09-19-2009 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi Folks!
    I use the Suave Theme with the Weather Widget.
    But my problem is, it coudn't find the Icons, allways shom me the
    question mark.... What can i do?

Here is my ConfigureMe.js:

Code:
    // WeatherWidget.theme
    // Produced by Adam Watkins (http://www.stupidpupil.co.uk)

// The location field should be a relatively machine-legible string
    // if using the default, Apple/AccuWeather parser (originally from Leopard's Weather.wdgt)
    var locale = "Bern, Switzerland" //e.g. 'Defiance, Ohio'|'Moscow, Russia'|'Ledyard, AT'|'London, UK'|"USNY0996"

// Set to 'false' if you'd prefer Farenheit
    var isCelsius = true //true|false

// Use 'Real Feel' temperatures where possible, taking into account Wind Chill, Humidity etc.
    var useRealFeel = false //true|false

/*––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––*/

// Supplied styles are 'originalBubble', 'myopia', 'iconOnly' and 'split'.
    // (Add your own to the CSS folder!)
    var stylesheet = 'myopia' //'originalBubble'|'myopia'|'iconOnly'|'split'

// The supplied icon set is 'klear'
    // Images must follow the same naming schema as the 'klear' set (borrowed from KWeather)
    var iconSet = "tango" //'klear'|'tango'|null (null makes iconSet = stylesheet)
    var iconExt = ".png" //'.png'|.'gif' etc.

/*––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––*/

// The other available source is 'yahooWeather' which for the 'locale'
    // requires a US zip or location code (e.g. UKXX0085 or CHXX0008) from http://weather.yahoo.com
    var source = 'yahooWeather' //'appleAccuweatherStolen'|'yahooWeather'

// Please endeavour to set this to a sensible value if you really must change it...
    var updateInterval = 50 //Minutes

Thx a lot 4 your help :-)
    Last edited by bluemechind; 02-18-2010 at 06:42 AM.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast