Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to add weather widget to homescreen

it doesn't auto update on mine! I use a regular theme, Macisblue! It has no changing wallpaper. But still the weather doesn't update on itself!

Quote Originally Posted by g4seb View Post
    Hi ProjectGSX,
    I'll put the text with using your post....My wallpaper change now, but i just have the weather icon, but he don't refresh...I'll put the private directory with all document (configureme.js ......)
    This is my wallpaper HTML. You could see the change.
    Please help, best regards
    You have two body tags in your file. You can only have one.

HTML Code:
    <body onload="onLoad()">

<body style="color: black">
    should be:

HTML Code:
    <body onload="onLoad()" style="color: black">
    As for not refreshing, I have had that happen once myself. I had to reload the spring board. The author has reported it happening to him, too. You may want to check out the original message board this was posted on to get details. If you go to the first post in the thread and go all the way to the bottom, Sayam has a link to where he found this mod.

It was confusing to me at first...but after some tinkering I figured out how to play with the style sheets. I am actually pretty satisfied with split, and I enlarged the weather icon ( widget whatever ). Here's mine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0002.png  
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

@nickh. I didn't edit anything on the weather app, I thinks it's because I have a completly transparent background up top. I want to make a top bar at the perfect opacity that it all looks the same. The icons are also white, I found them on deviant art and the set is called "flat"

Thanks

Cheers for the reply Flip, for some reason when on the springboard screen the font is very dull (tried in a few different colors, no joy), but when i open a app for a split second when it opens it becomes very bright, have no idea, but its not a big deal i guess.

For anyone still struggling with this... I've added a Weather widget theme and configuration utility to WbApp. THREAD HERE
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 09-06-2008 at 07:06 AM.
    White 3G

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyberGreg For This Useful Post:

bscott1504 (09-07-2008), the_opn (09-06-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by liverpool View Post
    It has been working on mine one and also you are able to customize whatever you would like to see by editing css. that's awesome.
    Hello,

Can you mind sharing yout theme ? what is the name of this theme ?

thank a lot

Default Doesn't seem to work on mine?
    I followed the directions to the letter, configured the file making sure to set what you mention, even setting exactly what you have for settings, I uploaded it to the correct folder and made sure permissions were correct, then enabled it in winterboard and even powered the phone off/on but nothing shows up at all?

I've disabled most other things in winterboard except some colored sms balloons and a different battery icon, and I've got the 5 icon dock enabled, could this be the issue?

*removed five icon dock and restarted springboard, still no go*

*without reading 20 pages of comments to see if someone else already mentioned this I'll note for the stoners like me out there, don't xfer the ENTIRE weatherwidget.theme folder that contains the '__MACOSX' and 'WeatherWidget.theme' folders, JUST xfer 'WeatherWidget.theme' folder INSIDE THE MAIN 'WeatherWidget.theme' folder*
    Last edited by desucca; 09-06-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Still having problems :'(

the_opn,go back to page 12-13-14 and get the codes from there.Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by gtthomas4 View Post
    great work on this, is there a way to put 2 cities in the widget right on top of each other?

or is it possible to get the originalBubble to go on the left side of the screen?
    I have the same question: "Is there a way to put 2 cities in the widget right beside each other?????"
    ANYONE???
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

While the weather widget is really cute, it's not highly informative. I mean, I know what kind of weather I got right now. It would be useful to get info at a glance about tomorrow's forecast (and possibly the day after tomorrow). Of course, a tricky issue is how to display all this info. I think that persichini's version is potentially the best (but not necessarily the only feasible one). One could display temp and tiny icon for today, tomorrow and day after tomorrow over the transparent weather icon.

It would be nice to be able to do add this feature to the weather widget (or maybe it's already there and I did not notice?)
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

Quote Originally Posted by gafu View Post
    the_opn,go back to page 12-13-14 and get the codes from there.Good luck
    Thanks. I just added the wbapp and configured it from there.

Default Here's my work in progress

and Yes, the Analog Clock works!

I'll post the details soon, I need to clean up some things.

But one note: this only works with the 2 modded files (Wallpaper.html, Split.ccs.) You could modify it for the other CCSs though...

The clock Could display it's own numbers, but for now, I have a .png on the wallpaper to show it.

Maybe someone with better CCS skills could make a better design?

Credit for the base code for the clock goes to: Analog clock script- By Kurt ([email protected])

Later!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -wallpaperclock.png  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Houdini7; 09-07-2008 at 08:57 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bamgates View Post
    Thanks Man!
    I couldn't help but use this widget ........ with a little tweak this is what I have:

Anyone know what theme this is?

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini7 View Post

and Yes, the Analog Clock works!

I'll post the details soon, I need to clean up some things.

But one note: this only works with the 2 modded files (Wallpaper.html, Split.ccs.) You could modify it for the other CCSs though...

The clock Could display it's own numbers, but for now, I have a .png on the wallpaper to show it.

Maybe someone with better CCS skills could make a better design?

Credit for the base code for the clock goes to: Analog clock script- By Kurt ([email protected])

Later!
    Houdini -

I really like your 5 icon dock! Could you post a link to where you got it? or post it yourself if you created it?

Thanks

Default Here are several 5 Icon Docks
    Several more docks in the .rar file....

I also included the icons for the Dock

Not my work, just borrowed from others...

Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dock5.png  
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Attached Files Attached Files

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Houdini7 For This Useful Post:

Chef Jer (09-07-2008)

Thanks Houdini

Are you planning on posting your theme when you finish it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by big "dd" View Post
    is there any way to make the background behind the city and picture "transparent"?
    that way it will blend in with the wallpaper
    I must have missed the answer to this in the last 20 pages... can anyone help?

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast