+ Reply
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to add weather widget to homescreen

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by the_opn I cannot get the weather icon to become see through, i am using: transparent dock, transparent icon labels, user wallpaper and the weather widjet, where should
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_opn View Post
    I cannot get the weather icon to become see through, i am using: transparent dock, transparent icon labels, user wallpaper and the weather widjet, where should I put the weather.png?
    ok i just clicked all the options you have and i see the problem.

you need to used the weather icon i supplied in the zip file. in one of the themes you use (or make a new theme) make a subfolder called icons. in that folder place that weather icon i supplied. that will make it transparent.
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    www.martinisgifts.com
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectGSX View Post
    How to integrate Weather Widget with wallpaper.html file:
    --:--
    The guide is great ... but i still can't get it to work. After integrating the code from Widget wallpaper.html to the illumination theme wallpaper.html it only shows "Loading - - ". (in the top left corner of the display) I followed your guide step by step.

Thanks

LATER EDIT: My bad...i was using a crap editor that was adding stuff in the code. Works now! Thanks man
    Last edited by sictirbc; 09-04-2008 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Resolved

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tellytel View Post
    You have been thanked1!! Thanx for helping a noob =)
    I was a noob once i understand how confusing it can be sometimes... not to mention you caught me on a day i'm in a really good mood.

Quote Originally Posted by sictirbc View Post
    The guide is great ... and logic also but i still can't get it to work. After integrating the code from Widget wallpaper.html to the illumination theme wallpaper.html it only shows "Loading - - ". (in the top left corner of the display) I followed your guide step by step.

Thanks
    i have found that the loading-- means that your location is not correct or you tried to put the weather app on your lock screen.

if your in the US try city, state and not city, us.

Just an FYI you must respring anytime you change one of the setting in the weatherwidget.theme to get them to show up
    Last edited by persichini; 09-04-2008 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    1st gen iPhone custom pwn’d
    www.martinisgifts.com
    IMob friend code 129-015-829
    Mafia Live code 223-902-644

Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 707 Posts

How to make to translate the sentence “Partly Cloudy” into French

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Worked for me, Thanks alot
    Awesome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to add weather widget to homescreen-alexs-ipod-home-screen.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by persichini View Post
    ok i just clicked all the options you have and i see the problem.

you need to used the weather icon i supplied in the zip file. in one of the themes you use (or make a new theme) make a subfolder called icons. in that folder place that weather icon i supplied. that will make it transparent.
    sorry friend, I have followed your advice and still no transparencies, also is it in fareinhieght or celeius becuase it says 59 and its cold here?

Thanks

just toying around with theme,sounds,icons,etc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to add weather widget to homescreen-img_0001.png  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_opn View Post
    sorry friend, I have followed your advice and still no transparencies, also is it in fareinhieght or celeius becuase it says 59 and its cold here?

what stylesheet are you using again?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here it is guys...Illuminated (.html) theme with WeatherWidget working...Thanks ProjectGSX for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to add weather widget to homescreen-illuminatedwithweatherwidget.png  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Whatever persichini used, he did it for me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectGSX View Post
    How to integrate Weather Widget with wallpaper.html file:

What you are doing is combining the Weather widget theme with the wallpaper theme. For me, I used Time of Day which changes your wallpaper based on what time of day it is.

First, copy all of the files from your Weather Widgets 'private' folder into the other themes private folder.

Next, you need to move the relevant data from the Weather Widget wallpaper.html file into the other themes wallpaper.html file. This is the tricky part. The data that you move has to be put into the correct area of the other file. See the attached image which lists the four sections of data that need to be moved.

Now, the two body tag references already existed in the other themes wallpaper.html file, but they were different. I replaced the first one and then in the second one, just changed the ="" part to onload(). The two script tags have to go inside of the header area of the new file. So look for the header close tag and paste them above that. The final section of div tags has to go inside of the body tags, so find the close body tag and post them above that.

If you have basic html understanding, combining two themes shouldnt be that hard. Or maybe Time of Day is just really easy to work with, I dont know.

Finally, make sure you deactivate the Weather Widget in WinterBoard, as your wallpaper theme is now providing that service. You can also remove the old weather widget theme folder.

This is what worked for me. Cant say its going to work for you, but I dont see why it wouldnt. The key is moving the right Weather Widget data to the right area of your new theme. Good luck!
    Please ! help ! Can you up image of file wallpaper.html ![combined>weather widget.theme and other.theme]thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses2 View Post
    How to make to translate the sentence “Partly Cloudy” into French

I would say you would have to reprogram dealwithweather function to translate the description from english to frech as the description is just pulled from yahooweather unless yahooweather have a french description online.

Short answer its not easy lol

Thanks

you translate it by removing the "partly cloudy" text and leaving the sun being "partly clouded" on the screen -=)

Thanks

hey everyone i modded the html to show your lock screen wallpaper and the weather widget at the same time

Code: