Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JoyPod - FAKE. Belkin Speaks Up.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,808 Times in 1,228 Posts

Default JoyPod - FAKE. Belkin Speaks Up.

The JoyPod, rumored to be the first venture into iPhone game pads by a major player in the accessory industry (Belkin), turns out to be a fake. The original article came from a site called TouchArcade, and it looks like they've taken us all for a late April Fools. After sleuthing just a tad, we received this email from Belkin:

Hi Cody,

Thanks for the email! The "JoyPod" is as much of a surprise to you as it is to us! The "JoyPod" is not a Belkin product, but simply a false rumor. We have no plans to release such a product.

Thanks!
    Melody

Melody Chalaban
    Public Relations Manager

Belkin International, Inc.
    Corporate Marketing
    iControlPad, however, first mentioned back in May, is nearing completion, and we've heard it works great. I know ZodTTD is supporting it fully with his apps, and hopefully Jonathan Zdziarski will support it with his NES.app as well. It will be interesting to see how a hardware device aimed purely at jailbroken phones will do... I'll be ordering one.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (09-02-2008), dale1v (09-02-2008), ultimatexpka (09-02-2008)

Thanks

Lol, is it fake? Massive stamp, lol
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Thanks

I'll be ordering one to help out the developers. I'm certain this will be appreciated by other fellow iPhone users. Maybe this will even make people choose to jailbreak.. you know we all need a bit of mario in the metro

I would personnaly pitch in more monney to have a smoother looking pad though. Don't get me wrong, functionality over design is a must in hardware.. but ya know, its iPhone!

Thanks for your time snatching work!

pce
    Last edited by cubiCPixel; 09-02-2008 at 02:39 PM. Reason: words.. so many words..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

ill be ordering a icontrolpad as well. can't wait
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

lol, I freakin' knew it! I'm pretty excited about the iControlPad
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

yeah i think i'll be ordering one aswell..

I've tried those emus with the hardware given and they're not really making fun.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

My order is going in the minute I get notified it's available. If you havnt done so already, sign up for the news letter in the upper right hand corner.

"(we will send you an email when you can order)"

iControlPad - Add real gaming controls to your iPhone!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Before i go committing myself to buying another hunk of plastic... how much is this thing going to cost? Hopefully < 30 bucks?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

really not surprised on this one. icontrolpad ftw. i'll order one as well as long as they keep the price reasonable, and as long as ZodTTD stays on board. In Zod We Trust!!

Im not surprised since Belkin would have released the news themselves if it was real.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^^^Can we all get a group discount?^^^

-sent from my iPhone

yeah! MMi special introductory rates!

i have to say that kinda sucks balls...i was hoping that belkin making their own icontroller type thing would mean apple was endorsing it somewhere down the line...guess not

ps. someone punch steve jobs in the imouth and get him to release 2.0.3 already

Thanks
    wow what a bummer! thanks for the update

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mogwais View Post
    i have to say that kinda sucks balls...i was hoping that belkin making their own icontroller type thing would mean apple was endorsing it somewhere down the line...guess not

ps. someone punch steve jobs in the imouth and get him to release 2.0.3 already
    *ahem* I think you mean 2.1

I'm actually kinda dissappointed