+ Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwirlyMMS Coming to Firmware 2.x Soon!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Just seen this in Cydia. Downloading now!
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just seen this in Cydia. Downloading now!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Pulled from Cydia. Sorry guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks

it went back up for some reason! Dled!

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

where do i get my service providers settings at?
    Last edited by lostwhiteboyy; 09-16-2008 at 03:45 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default SwrilyMMS works on AT&T 3G iphone 2.1
    So i just downloaded and installed Swirly MMS, what an AWESOME addition to my iphone!!

i already had my account configured with an IMIE of a windows mobile phone to resolve another issue that i had with Campus Reech (being able to dial 4 digit extensions in my company from my cell phone). so anyways, i have the normal 1500 txt/mms plan on my phone, not the IPHONE plan.

so i downloaded SwirlyMMS off of Cydia, and they have a "get automatic settings" button that i clicked.

i went with the nokia option, it took me to a 3rd party nokia site, chose the nokia 7200 put in my phone number and country (mind you i did this FROM MY IPHONE). then clicked on mms, send settings...

and poof, 2 seconds later i had an mms message that SwirlyMMS recognized as a settings MMS, it had all the settings in there, i clicked the save option, and my phone was configured. i just sent a test mms from my wife's blackberry and got it!

this is a very well designed implementation of MMS. they have a file browser so that you can browse your phone and choose pictures that you might have stored somewhere else. they even let you save the picture out of an MMS back to your photos folder and it shows up in the photos app... pretty sweet!

Green Apple
    Thanks

niiiiiiiiice

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

anyone get this congfigured with at$t?
    i have tried a couple of settings i have found but nothing working?
    looks great and if it works id pay for it....
    thanx

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by martyotaku View Post
    anyone get this congfigured with at?
    i have tried a couple of settings i have found but nothing working?
    looks great and if it works id pay for it....
    thanx
    I'm trying to figure it out right now! i called att and had them turn mms on i said i was switching pones! but still cant get it to work!

Quote Originally Posted by RessayFlex View Post
    So i just downloaded and installed Swirly MMS, what an AWESOME addition to my iphone!!

i already had my account configured with an IMIE of a windows mobile phone to resolve another issue that i had with Campus Reech (being able to dial 4 digit extensions in my company from my cell phone). so anyways, i have the normal 1500 txt/mms plan on my phone, not the IPHONE plan.

so i downloaded SwirlyMMS off of Cydia, and they have a "get automatic settings" button that i clicked.

i went with the nokia option, it took me to a 3rd party nokia site, chose the nokia 7200 put in my phone number and country (mind you i did this FROM MY IPHONE). then clicked on mms, send settings...

and poof, 2 seconds later i had an mms message that SwirlyMMS recognized as a settings MMS, it had all the settings in there, i clicked the save option, and my phone was configured. i just sent a test mms from my wife's blackberry and got it!

this is a very well designed implementation of MMS. they have a file browser so that you can browse your phone and choose pictures that you might have stored somewhere else. they even let you save the picture out of an MMS back to your photos folder and it shows up in the photos app... pretty sweet!

did you pick att former att customer or att former cingular customer?
    Last edited by lostwhiteboyy; 09-16-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    anyone got this working for tmobile usa?

Thanks

New Swirly MMS for FW 2.x works just fine here in Serbia on Telekom network..On both, 2G and 3G iPhone's..Here are the settings:

Telekom (Serbia)

MMSC: http://mms.mts064.telekom.yu/mms/wapenc
    Proxy: 172.017.085.131:8080

APN: mms
    Username: mts
    Password: 064

EDGE/3G settings:

APN: gprsinternet
    Username: mts
    Password: 064

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Got it to work with iPhone 3G 2.1 FW and jailbroken

T-Mobile (USA)

MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    Proxy: 216.155.165.050:8080

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:

EDGE/3G settings:

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:

My iPhone is a Part of Me DJM AutoWerkz's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried but didnt work for me and i forgo my setting when i had it working on my 1.14 firmware

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lostwhiteboyy View Post
    I'm trying to figure it out right now! i called att and had them turn mms on i said i was switching pones! but still cant get it to work!

did you pick att former att customer or att former cingular customer?
    i picked att former cingular customer...

My iPhone is a Part of Me tellytel's Avatar
    Thanks

So is this app capable on an att 3g fw 2.1 iphone??? ive looked everywhere i cant find a def answer. Do we have to change the imei number?? Will att delete mms if we enable it???

ive read it cant be done on the 3g yet. Can someone give a def answer??

What's Jailbreak? Christopher3712's Avatar
    Thanks

just remember, the SWIRLY SETTINGS automatically capitalizes your first letter under MMSC setting. THIS IS CASE SENSITIVE. Input your settings in ALL LOWER CASE LETTERS.
    Unlocked & Jailbroken running T-Mobile.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This worked perfectly for me on AT&T as well.. Thanks so much!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goronok View Post
    This worked perfectly for me on AT&T as well.. Thanks so much!
    can you post step by step of your settings? This isnt working for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yes any assistance with AT&T setup would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

tried it again and no luck!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

looks like we have this same topic in different threads... you have to make sure your account is set up first... look here...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...ml#post2215161