+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft AppStore = "Skymarket"

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Default Microsoft AppStore = "Skymarket"
    With Apple's success so far with the AppStore and the Google's recent announcement of the Android Market Microsoft can't be far behind with a similar solution for Windows Mobile Devices expected to launch as early as 2009 and coincide with the release of Windows Mobile 7.

Enter the Skymarket, recently revealed not by press conference but by job ad. The open position of Skymarket Senior Product Manager will be filled by an individual who will "make the Windows Mobile marketplace 'the place to be' for developers wishing to distribute and monetize their Windows Mobile applications."

Other duties include:
    • Definition of the product offering, pricing, business model and policies that will make the Windows Mobile marketplace the place to be for developers wishing to distribute and monetize their Windows Mobile application
    • Responsibility for the business model and key elements that will drive the optimal experience for developers and monetization of the service by Microsoft
    • Preparation and driving the cross group collaboration for the initial launch of the marketplace offering to the developer community this fall
    • Preparation and driving the cross group collaboration with stakeholders in the commercial launch of the marketplace service with the launch of WM 7
    • Define and mange the consumer, developer and mobile operator value proposition and supporting materials for use by PR, MCBs developer outreach organization, and other teams across Microsoft
    • Working with multiple stakeholders (product team, product planning, developer outreach, business operations, legal and more) in definition on the process, policies and terms of use through which developers and consumers take part in the marketplace
    • Work closely with product planning on prioritization of consumer, developer, and mobile operator scenarios
    • Support business development on engagements with mobile operators and integration of the marketplace offering into broader Microsoft services offerings or discussions
    • Work closely with the Mobile Communication Business developer outreach organization
    • Management of KPIs for the service post launch

[via computerjobs via computerworld]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microsoft AppStore = "Skymarket"-skymarket.png  

Thanks

Apple started a new revolution with iPhone and now Microsoft is copying them...
    iPhone FTW!

Thanks

It's always so businessy with microsoft.. =/

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Hope "Skymarket" is better than App Store
    Seeing as App Store this morning crashed my iPhone and now it won't get past the Apple logo on start up
    Hate you App Store
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 09-01-2008 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beva922's Avatar
    Thanks

Microsoft products = bluescreen of death mobile edition...or an endless reboot cycle like what happened to me on vista...skymarket should/ and will be called crymarket soon after its release :P

iPhone? More like MyPhone Emir S.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Apple didnt start anything with the App store. But as always, they've once again managed to make a fairly old thing popular for the idiotic masses.

Ah well, no reason for MS not to follow this route.
    Its a decent potential source of income.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beva922 View Post
    Microsoft products = bluescreen of death mobile edition...or an endless reboot cycle like what happened to me on vista...skymarket should/ and will be called crymarket soon after its release :P
    LMAO!!!! BSOD mobile edition!!lmao thats sooo tru... we all can already see it.....its only riight for micro. to launch somthing like this after they seen the huge success of the appstore....they would never reach the appstore numbers thoe....and as for developers, we all should ask them witch platform would they rather work with :-D

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^^I have to disagree, this is the first time wireless mobile apps have been accessible to this degree via the phone itself. However I feel the Appstore was somewhat poorly implemented and dislike the fact that 80% of the software available on the store is thrown together in an hour to "make a quick buck", the fact is its selling.

Im hoping like every new release given a few months we will start to see a variety of well written, "real" apps expand into the Appstore. I dont mind paying $10-$20 for something I can actually use on a regular basis (If you have ever used Windows Mobile software, its not cheap....most programs will run you $10 - $50 depending).

The fact is, with the strength of popularity for the iphone, even with its issues and underthought....Apple is still killing the market. We have already seen a number of devices released to "mimick" the iphone with minimal success compared. The strength of Microsoft's "SkyMarket" will only compare to the strength of devices out there, and that leaves alot to be desired for the majority.

This is just a step forward for Microsoft, which is what every company's scope would be. I wish them luck, I dont see any reason why this wouldnt be a valuable source of income for them as well.

In conclusion, I just hope Apple tightens up a bit. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks
    Default Microsoft Start your Copy Machines!!!
    Once again the people in Redmond, Washington must have their copy machines in over drive!!!!

Remember this?...

iPhone? More like MyPhone wannagotopopeyes's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sayam View Post
    Duh. What else is new?
    ...Vista anyone?? Same thing.
    i LOVE apple.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i dont know, im almost thinking about getting a winmo phone now :-/ the iphone is starting to get boring :-/ and all the problems with this phone is just redic, apple did ruin this phone will the app store.
    iTouch 2.0 (free update/pwn'd)
    iPhone 3G white (pwn'd)
    MacBook Pro 15inch (using tethered)

2 broken wrists so give me a break. no more 2007 Yamaha r6

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

I've used WinMo phones before and I don't understand the hardcore ripping everyone is doing? They're a lot less flashy, sure, but they're also a helluva lot more like a pocketable computer than our phones. I love my iPhone but I've always been a MS fan for OS's and other products - hope this works out well for them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pingwhen View Post
    i dont know, im almost thinking about getting a winmo phone now :-/ the iphone is starting to get boring :-/ and all the problems with this phone is just redic, apple did ruin this phone will the app store.
    The iPhone may be borin' to you, but not to me! iStill have a first gen iPhone on firmware 1.14 and i'M still satisfied! iLove addin' custom themes, sounds, ringtones, video wallpapers, video ringtones, etc. iTs probably borin' to you because you realized that Apple worked the hell out you (all 3G iPhone owners who ditched there first gen to upgrade)! Still no mms, video record, copy & paste, flash, 32/64GB, bluetooth A2DP, voice dial, video conference, and an legit iM client that can run iN the background! That and iT wouldn't surprise iF AT&T got you (ya'll) payin' $90+ a month for iTs service... SE, please release the Xperia X1 soon!

-sent from my iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    skymarket may also be a mobile virus playground i'm sure. i'll pass..

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emir S. View Post
    Apple didnt start anything with the App store. But as always, they've once again managed to make a fairly old thing popular for the idiotic masses.
    Apple did start anything? Idiotic masses? So the App Store is for idiots? Care to explain what you mean?

Thanks

One of the features I can see with WinMo 7 and skymarket is sync times less than one hour! I like it already.

edit: unless Microsoft copy it
    Last edited by dale1v; 09-01-2008 at 12:52 PM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

oo3
    Thanks

Silly Microsoft...

iPhone? More like MyPhone r1994augusto's Avatar
    Thanks

envy??

Quote Originally Posted by sayam View Post
    iPhone FTW!
    envy??

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Apple did start anything? Idiotic masses? So the App Store is for idiots? Care to explain what you mean?
    (-.-')
    Last edited by r1994augusto; 09-01-2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Hope "Skymarket" is better than App Store
    Seeing as App Store this morning crashed my iPhone and now it won't get past the Apple logo on start up
    Hate you App Store

um the crash thing hapens when u r jailbroken on 2.0.1 and you restart, i would upgrade.

APPLE HATER !!!!!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

Default come on now
    The iPhones platform is flawless, enough said....thats great for windows and stuff but how advance ur apps can get if your not workin with a decent platform.... come on now..... so let me guess, with all these apps coming out for windows you expect me to toggle apps with poor hardware?????LOL nooooooo im good...name a pce of hardware that tops the iphone??? thank you....my point.......im just sayin micro needs to step up there hardware befor they do anything with there apps....