Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft AppStore = "Skymarket"

Quote Originally Posted by HarlemState View Post
    The iPhones platform is flawless, enough said....thats great for windows and stuff but how advance ur apps can get if your not workin with a decent platform.... come on now..... so let me guess, with all these apps coming out for windows you expect me to toggle apps with poor hardware?????LOL nooooooo im good...name a pce of hardware that tops the iphone??? thank you....my point.......im just sayin micro needs to step up there hardware befor they do anything with there apps....
    1) Flawless (other than the frequent crashes and slowdowns)
    2) I'm pretty sure that android will be a decent enough platform, and even microsoft can't make a platform as buggy as the iPhone right now.
    3) Alot of hardware tops the iPhone- it may have the best touch screen, but it fails in basically every other way
    3) Hardware has little to do with the ability for the phone to run good apps- as long as it has enough processing power, the software is what determines the limitations that app creators have.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dil999 For This Useful Post:

dale1v (09-01-2008)

Thanks

The iPhones platform is flawless, enough said....thats great for windows and stuff but how advance ur apps can get if your not workin with a decent platform.... come on now..... so let me guess, with all these apps coming out for windows you expect me to toggle apps with poor hardware?????LOL nooooooo im good...name a pce of hardware that tops the iphone??? thank you....my point.......im just sayin micro needs to step up there hardware befor they do anything with there apps....
    A lot of Windows Mobile phones have better specs (and therefore better hardware) than iPhone...and its platform (2.0) isn't flawless, at all...

edit: what Dil999 said ^
    Last edited by dale1v; 09-01-2008 at 05:28 PM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

I personally think it will come down to what your interested in....

Are you a die-hard business man and/or woman

or....a trendy, hip, need a little bit of everything kinda person?

Winmo will probably always outrun the iphone as a business device, but as far as a just plain "cool" good all around media device, Iphone hands down.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dil999 View Post
    1) Flawless (other than the frequent crashes and slowdowns)
    2) I'm pretty sure that android will be a decent enough platform, and even microsoft can't make a platform as buggy as the iPhone right now.
    3) Alot of hardware tops the iPhone- it may have the best touch screen, but it fails in basically every other way
    3) Hardware has little to do with the ability for the phone to run good apps- as long as it has enough processing power, the software is what determines the limitations that app creators have.
    1) Frequency is ur location...fine round here, apps crash from time to time only tell developers what to tweek..
    2)android?? i got my money on the iphone...wats an android? is that like a commet or somthin...lol
    3)you can have all the processing power in the world but if your dealing with a poor platform/hardware its useless

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    A lot of Windows Mobile phones have better specs (and therefore better hardware) than iPhone...and its platform (2.0) isn't flawless, at all...

edit: what Dil999 said ^
    Better Spects??? name one....there isnt any windows mobile phone out there that is developer friendly..... plzzzz
    Last edited by HarlemState; 09-01-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Beva922 View Post
    Microsoft products = bluescreen of death mobile edition...or an endless reboot cycle like what happened to me on vista...skymarket should/ and will be called crymarket soon after its release :P
    Apple products = spinning wheel of death..endless reboot.
    :[

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Hope "Skymarket" is better than App Store
    Seeing as App Store this morning crashed my iPhone and now it won't get past the Apple logo on start up
    Hate you App Store
    If you Jailbreak/unlock your phone? you run the risk of that your iphone will not act properly. so it not apples app store. it its an app that caused it its the developer not apple. and this is a Iphone forum not windows mobile forum. you you dont like your iphone sell it and go but a windows phone and have more issues.

pretty gay all our stories on here are from gizmodo or engadget.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^^I have to disagree, this is the first time wireless mobile apps have been accessible to this degree via the phone itself. However I feel the Appstore was somewhat poorly implemented and dislike the fact that 80% of the software available on the store is thrown together in an hour to "make a quick buck", the fact is its selling.

Im hoping like every new release given a few months we will start to see a variety of well written, "real" apps expand into the Appstore. I dont mind paying $10-$20 for something I can actually use on a regular basis (If you have ever used Windows Mobile software, its not cheap....most programs will run you $10 - $50 depending).

The fact is, with the strength of popularity for the iphone, even with its issues and underthought....Apple is still killing the market. We have already seen a number of devices released to "mimick" the iphone with minimal success compared. The strength of Microsoft's "SkyMarket" will only compare to the strength of devices out there, and that leaves alot to be desired for the majority.

This is just a step forward for Microsoft, which is what every company's scope would be. I wish them luck, I dont see any reason why this wouldnt be a valuable source of income for them as well.

In conclusion, I just hope Apple tightens up a bit. Just my 2 cents.
    How is it that the developers apps are apple's fault. I think that the developers made the software not apple. Funny how when these apps have issues that developers fix things at times and if not its apple fault. I dont get that. Microsoft copies everything the copies windows from Apple. like ipods windows comes out with zune, apple has widgets, windows copies and comes out with gadgets, apple comes with app store now windows comes out with windows skymarket.

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    One of the features I can see with WinMo 7 and skymarket is sync times less than one hour! I like it already.

edit: unless Microsoft copy it
    you can turn off backup on itunes settings it you feel its to long for you. Apple with find a fix. Microsoft still has not fixed any of the issues on its windows OS
    Last edited by atm_10142k; 09-01-2008 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

....Gay

......epic

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

Windows will FAIL! Ultimately Steve Jobs will wreak his revenge for Bill Gates' dispicable behaviors of yore. LOL! I know i have a windows computer but the minute i can remedy this situation, I will. I have had WinMo device and it was HORRIBLE! More crashing, freezing and restarts than my iPhone could ever think of having. ON A STOCK DEVICE! Long Live Apple!
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

competition is good, enough said -_-

You must be smoking something really good (or bad ). Let's see:

1) Harwdware is quite solid, but not the best out there (screen is best, processing power is good, but connectivity to other devices is poor and memory upgradability is non-existent).

2) 1.1.4 was quite solid. 2.00 and 2.01 (have not yet tried 2.02) are very very flaky (looks more like Windows ME than OSX). An application crash can bring the entire iphone down. This is so 1995... By the XXI century I expect a truly pre-emptive multitasking kernel that does not crash when an application crashes. Is that too much to ask?

3) The SDK is too restrictive. I cannot have 2 official applications sharing information. I want to be able to opt-out of the sandbox if I want to! Fortunately Cydia's apps are out there and are much more powerful.

4) Did I say 2.0x is very unstable and buggy? The other day a crash during an appstore upgrade of an application brought the iphone down to the point of needing a restore (would not boot past the stupid apple logo). HELLO!! This is a cell phone. At least the firmware should provide enough functionality to keep the PHONE part running. What if my phone crashed during a trip (and no access to my mac?). I'd be w/o a cell phone. This is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

5) I am getting really tired of Steve Job$ compulsive disorder (he is a control freak!). It is my iphone, you moron, not yours. Stop putting roadblocks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlos1w View Post
    You must be smoking something really good (or bad ). Let's see:

1) Harwdware is quite solid, but not the best out there (screen is best, processing power is good, but connectivity to other devices is poor and memory upgradability is non-existent).

2) 1.1.4 was quite solid. 2.00 and 2.01 (have not yet tried 2.02) are very very flaky (looks more like Windows ME than OSX). An application crash can bring the entire iphone down. This is so 1995... By the XXI century I expect a truly pre-emptive multitasking kernel that does not crash when an application crashes. Is that too much to ask?

3) The SDK is too restrictive. I cannot have 2 official applications sharing information. I want to be able to opt-out of the sandbox if I want to! Fortunately Cydia's apps are out there and are much more powerful.

4) Did I say 2.0x is very unstable and buggy? The other day a crash during an appstore upgrade of an application brought the iphone down to the point of needing a restore (would not boot past the stupid apple logo). HELLO!! This is a cell phone. At least the firmware should provide enough functionality to keep the PHONE part running. What if my phone crashed during a trip (and no access to my mac?). I'd be w/o a cell phone. This is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

5) I am getting really tired of Steve Job$ compulsive disorder (he is a control freak!). It is my iphone, you moron, not yours. Stop putting roadblocks.
    I Agree. I could never use another phone again but they still need to correct some things regarding the mobile phone. ( IT IS a phone, remember? without cydia, installer, intelliscreen, app store, etc etc, IT'S #1 purpose is to make and receive telephone calls)

Thanks

apple fanboyism has reached new heights here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Apple did start anything? Idiotic masses? So the App Store is for idiots? Care to explain what you mean?
    What I mean is that apt-get has been around for quite some time in the Linux community, including UME.

It's also been part of iPhone hacking through pretty much day one (installer).
    Sadly, there are quite a few moronic people that are convinced that something so brilliant could only come from Cupertino, CA.

Aside from that, every US carrier has had OTA game/software downloads for quite a few years now. VZW has GetItNow, ATT has...whatever they have...etc.
    Again, nothing new about OTA software distribution.

It's the same old story of Apple and iPods.
    MP3 players have existed 3+ years prior to Apple's release of the 1st gen iPod. And yet, the "idiotic masses" that believe anything white and from Apple must be golden, have bought into it.

Apple hasn't invented a single solid thing in the last 12 years.
    They have, however, been very successful in copying others ideas and improving upon them/making them popular and marketing to fanboys/fangirls.

I have nothing against Apple's business strategy. It's based on the majority of the US population....completely uninformed sheep. It works and there is simply no reason to change it.
    I just wish people would educate themselves a bit more before they dive into Apple's "brilliant ideas"....or any companies, for that matter.

That's all.

1) Frequency is ur location...fine round here, apps crash from time to time only tell developers what to tweek..
    2)android?? i got my money on the iphone...wats an android? is that like a commet or somthin...lol
    3)you can have all the processing power in the world but if your dealing with a poor platform/hardware its useless

Better Spects??? name one....there isnt any windows mobile phone out there that is developer friendly..... plzzzz
    You managed to understand absolutely nothing that I said correctly.
    1) Frequency = how often the crashes occur, and they don't just happen in 3rd party apps, I have seen ipods and iPhones crash while doing basically anything from listening to music to browsing safari.
    2)Android = Google's software platform, you can't really say that your betting on the iPhone when you have no idea what the competition brings to the table
    3) processing power is useless but hardware (processing power is PART of the hardware) is not somehow? You have impossible logic. And I expect that andriod will be as good as, if not better than the iPhone platform.

Thanks

Um Samsung Omnia?

2.0 is WORSE than WinMo 6.1 at this point in time; as carlos1w said, it's like Windows ME (YUCK)

You're sounding like a fanboy...stop...
    Last edited by dale1v; 09-02-2008 at 11:58 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats great for Widows based devices. However, I am still glad I 86ed my Blue screen of death devices. I have owned several. I can say that the speed differance is not even compairable. People on this forum complain about dropped calles with the 3G... ha! How about blue screen of deaths...lol

With the launch of WM7 I hope Microsoft addressed their issues. My view is that Microsoft will rush this and their will be more problems than the App store. Only differance is APPLE frequently pushes releases to fix bugs. Where as Microsoft takes FOREVER to provide service pac solutions. Even then the solutions are "spider web" based that often causes other issues. Apple does complete software upgrades.

hmmmm Steve Jobs.... How about doing a dual boot for the iPhone? My Mac runs Faster W/ less problems than my Windows machine.... Perhaps the iPhone will do the same...

Overall I think this is GREAT news. software rivals need the compitition. I am sure apple will now step it up and respond with something even better. Perhaps a Microsoft Word/Excell/Powerpoint program??? PLZZZZZ... :-)

D-OUT

---Thanks? Sure click it I like pat on the backs that mean nothing...

Finally they announced it haha I have known about this a couple of months but havnt been allowed to talk about it. Sad thing is that its not really going to be much compitition for the Appstore. Skymarket tailors to the everyday businessman. Its a lot of productivity stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast