Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Microsoft AppStore = "Skymarket"
09-01-2008, 05:15 PM #21
2) I'm pretty sure that android will be a decent enough platform, and even microsoft can't make a platform as buggy as the iPhone right now.
3) Alot of hardware tops the iPhone- it may have the best touch screen, but it fails in basically every other way
3) Hardware has little to do with the ability for the phone to run good apps- as long as it has enough processing power, the software is what determines the limitations that app creators have.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dil999 For This Useful Post:
09-01-2008, 05:20 PM #22
09-01-2008, 05:24 PM #23
I personally think it will come down to what your interested in....
Are you a die-hard business man and/or woman
or....a trendy, hip, need a little bit of everything kinda person?
Winmo will probably always outrun the iphone as a business device, but as far as a just plain "cool" good all around media device, Iphone hands down.
09-01-2008, 06:31 PM #24
2)android?? i got my money on the iphone...wats an android? is that like a commet or somthin...lol
3)you can have all the processing power in the world but if your dealing with a poor platform/hardware its useless
Last edited by HarlemState; 09-01-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
09-01-2008, 07:58 PM #25
09-01-2008, 08:03 PM #26
09-01-2008, 08:08 PM #27
pretty gay all our stories on here are from gizmodo or engadget.
09-01-2008, 08:22 PM #28
Last edited by atm_10142k; 09-01-2008 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
09-01-2008, 08:38 PM #29
09-01-2008, 08:49 PM #30
09-01-2008, 09:39 PM #31
Windows will FAIL! Ultimately Steve Jobs will wreak his revenge for Bill Gates' dispicable behaviors of yore. LOL! I know i have a windows computer but the minute i can remedy this situation, I will. I have had WinMo device and it was HORRIBLE! More crashing, freezing and restarts than my iPhone could ever think of having. ON A STOCK DEVICE! Long Live Apple!This is getting a lil' ridiculous...
09-01-2008, 11:06 PM #32
competition is good, enough said -_-
09-01-2008, 11:28 PM #33
1) Harwdware is quite solid, but not the best out there (screen is best, processing power is good, but connectivity to other devices is poor and memory upgradability is non-existent).
2) 1.1.4 was quite solid. 2.00 and 2.01 (have not yet tried 2.02) are very very flaky (looks more like Windows ME than OSX). An application crash can bring the entire iphone down. This is so 1995... By the XXI century I expect a truly pre-emptive multitasking kernel that does not crash when an application crashes. Is that too much to ask?
3) The SDK is too restrictive. I cannot have 2 official applications sharing information. I want to be able to opt-out of the sandbox if I want to! Fortunately Cydia's apps are out there and are much more powerful.
4) Did I say 2.0x is very unstable and buggy? The other day a crash during an appstore upgrade of an application brought the iphone down to the point of needing a restore (would not boot past the stupid apple logo). HELLO!! This is a cell phone. At least the firmware should provide enough functionality to keep the PHONE part running. What if my phone crashed during a trip (and no access to my mac?). I'd be w/o a cell phone. This is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
5) I am getting really tired of Steve Job$ compulsive disorder (he is a control freak!). It is my iphone, you moron, not yours. Stop putting roadblocks.
09-02-2008, 12:10 AM #34
09-02-2008, 12:54 AM #35
apple fanboyism has reached new heights here.
09-02-2008, 01:13 AM #36
It's also been part of iPhone hacking through pretty much day one (installer).
Sadly, there are quite a few moronic people that are convinced that something so brilliant could only come from Cupertino, CA.
Aside from that, every US carrier has had OTA game/software downloads for quite a few years now. VZW has GetItNow, ATT has...whatever they have...etc.
Again, nothing new about OTA software distribution.
It's the same old story of Apple and iPods.
MP3 players have existed 3+ years prior to Apple's release of the 1st gen iPod. And yet, the "idiotic masses" that believe anything white and from Apple must be golden, have bought into it.
Apple hasn't invented a single solid thing in the last 12 years.
They have, however, been very successful in copying others ideas and improving upon them/making them popular and marketing to fanboys/fangirls.
I have nothing against Apple's business strategy. It's based on the majority of the US population....completely uninformed sheep. It works and there is simply no reason to change it.
I just wish people would educate themselves a bit more before they dive into Apple's "brilliant ideas"....or any companies, for that matter.
09-02-2008, 01:17 AM #37
1) Frequency = how often the crashes occur, and they don't just happen in 3rd party apps, I have seen ipods and iPhones crash while doing basically anything from listening to music to browsing safari.
2)Android = Google's software platform, you can't really say that your betting on the iPhone when you have no idea what the competition brings to the table
3) processing power is useless but hardware (processing power is PART of the hardware) is not somehow? You have impossible logic. And I expect that andriod will be as good as, if not better than the iPhone platform.
09-02-2008, 02:15 AM #38
09-02-2008, 11:52 AM #39
Thats great for Widows based devices. However, I am still glad I 86ed my Blue screen of death devices. I have owned several. I can say that the speed differance is not even compairable. People on this forum complain about dropped calles with the 3G... ha! How about blue screen of deaths...lol
With the launch of WM7 I hope Microsoft addressed their issues. My view is that Microsoft will rush this and their will be more problems than the App store. Only differance is APPLE frequently pushes releases to fix bugs. Where as Microsoft takes FOREVER to provide service pac solutions. Even then the solutions are "spider web" based that often causes other issues. Apple does complete software upgrades.
hmmmm Steve Jobs.... How about doing a dual boot for the iPhone? My Mac runs Faster W/ less problems than my Windows machine.... Perhaps the iPhone will do the same...
Overall I think this is GREAT news. software rivals need the compitition. I am sure apple will now step it up and respond with something even better. Perhaps a Microsoft Word/Excell/Powerpoint program??? PLZZZZZ... :-)
---Thanks? Sure click it I like pat on the backs that mean nothing...
09-02-2008, 11:58 AM #40
Finally they announced it haha I have known about this a couple of months but havnt been allowed to talk about it. Sad thing is that its not really going to be much compitition for the Appstore. Skymarket tailors to the everyday businessman. Its a lot of productivity stuff.