+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickPwn for Mac Finally out!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by oo3 Hehe...noobs... Heheh...asking for thanks in your signature...
    Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    Hehe...noobs...
    Heheh...asking for thanks in your signature...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phantomo View Post
    There is NO "Expert Mode" selection on this version of QuickPwn.
    Yep, my bad. Keep getting quickpwn and winpwn mixed up . Anyway, I would suggest using pwnagetool in expert mode
    Last edited by imode; 08-30-2008 at 08:30 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

ep, my bad. Keep getting quickpwn and winpwn mixed up . Anyway, I would suggest using winpwn in expert mode
    Why wouldn't you suggest using the original Pwnage tool? This post is for mac's and seeing as Pwnage works just as well I would recommend using Expert mode in Pwnage instead of QuickPwn or WinPwn.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is quickpwn now stable? has anyone tried it?

i used the pwnage last time.. will using quickpwn overwrite all apps?

Thanks

For those who don't like the Pineapple or the Russian Steve, right-click on your QuickPwn icon and select "Show Package Contents". Go to Contents -> Resources.

The Pineapple is called "logo.png" and the Russian Steve is called "recovery.png"

You can replace them with your own PNGs (under compatible png formats of course) but keep the names the same.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

OPTICS (08-31-2008), phantomo (08-30-2008), sdphone (09-11-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Eurisko: Does this mean that I need the replace the logos with the original apple versions in order to keep them? Or is there a way to just leave them alone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dfbills View Post
    Eurisko: Does this mean that I need the replace the logos with the original apple versions in order to keep them? Or is there a way to just leave them alone?
    Yes you'd have to get copies of the originals, and unfortunately you'd have to get a snapshot of them to do so.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There should be a simple preference pane with options like
    • Custom Boot Logo's On/Off
    • Cydia On/Off
    • Installer On/Off

Surely that wouldn't be hard to add? Or even just modifications to a .pref file if that's the best on offer.

maz
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    For those who don't like the Pineapple or the Russian Steve, right-click on your QuickPwn icon and select "Show Package Contents". Go to Contents -> Resources.

The Pineapple is called "logo.png" and the Russian Steve is called "recovery.png"

You can replace them with your own PNGs (under compatible png formats of course) but keep the names the same.
    What is the "compatible png formats " then???
    Can u help me to make this png´s??
    I have the retro Apple logo but not the usb cable and iTunes recovery one. But maybe u can make one of the "bone one" for recovery mode?! I will never forgot if u do it for me.
    (see attached below)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails QuickPwn for Mac Finally out!-logo.png   QuickPwn for Mac Finally out!-recov.png  
    //Hack´z

8GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 1:st gen. FW 3.1.2 Pwnage v3.1.4, 16GB 3Gs FW 3.1.3 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken Pwnage v3.1.4, 32GB 3Gs FW 4.0.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken jbme.com
    16GB 4G FW 4..2.1 Factory Unlock'd & Jailbroken GP
    16GB iPad WiFi FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, 32GB iPad WiFi+3G FW 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP, ATV2 fw 4.2.1 Jailbroken GP
    MacBookPro OS X 10.6.6 1TB HD

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Seem to have misunderstood 'unlock' and 'jailbreak' - have used quickpwn, thinking I would then be able to use another carrier (Orange) rather than O2 (Apple Uk's favoured cellphone carrier).

Is there currently a way of doing this via OS X?
    or might there be a method in development?...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I like the part that says this is for noobs and hasty people and the devs were worried about server overload. Speaking of hasty, winpwn got this many replies in the first hour.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joshysquashy View Post
    There should be a simple preference pane with options like
    • Custom Boot Logo's On/Off
    • Cydia On/Off
    • Installer On/Off

Surely that wouldn't be hard to add? Or even just modifications to a .pref file if that's the best on offer.
    Then YOU need to use PwnageTool. That is the program for people who want options. How many programs do you need that do the exact same thing?
    Hmm...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    Then YOU need to use PwnageTool. That is the program for people who want options. How many programs do you need that do the exact same thing?
    If PwnageTool could do a pwn without having to restore the iPhone - ie it pwned directly within the program, then that would be the tool of choice.

Basically, if I want to update to the latest firmware the second it is released, then pwn my phone again, I don't want to have to erase all data, pwn and then restore from a backup, what's the point in that?!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imode View Post
    I see, you can't use SSH because wifi is dead? Instead of ssh I believe BossPrefs has the ability to fix file system permissions. You can find it under "More" in the main screen. Another last thing to try is to not restore from backup and setup as a new phone. I know that will blow away, notes, sms etc (but not contacts) but that may fix your problem.

As for fixing wifi... Just a thought, but did you originally unlock a 1.1.4 iphone with ziPhone? This could be a reason why wifi isn't working. Go to network settings and check the mac address and make sure it is not: 00:5a:49:42:52:49. If it is, it may need to be repaired with the iLiberty+ mac fix payload.
    I have done the full restore as a new phone (and as backup) using stock firmware and custom. Still nothing

Mine's been unlocked since 1.1.1 (before the one click jailbreak methods came out). I did use ziPhone to unlock it when upgrading to 1.1.4 but my mac address for wifi is 00:1F:5B:4F:F8:BB. It's odd sometimes its greyed out, sometimes it detects my network sometimes it doesn't. But at the moments it does detect, when I try to connect it fails then POOF network gone again.

I'll try the boss prefs fix for the mail issue and tell you how it goes. Here's to upgrading and possibly downgrading again! :P

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xjuliephanx View Post
    I have done the full restore as a new phone (and as backup) using stock firmware and custom. Still nothing

Mine's been unlocked since 1.1.1 (before the one click jailbreak methods came out). I did use ziPhone to unlock it when upgrading to 1.1.4 but my mac address for wifi is 00:1F:5B:4F:F8:BB. It's odd sometimes its greyed out, sometimes it detects my network sometimes it doesn't. But at the moments it does detect, when I try to connect it fails then POOF network gone again.

I'll try the boss prefs fix for the mail issue and tell you how it goes. Here's to upgrading and possibly downgrading again! :P
    ziPhone for 1.1.4 was famous (or infamous) for trashing wifi which is why there was a zibri wifi 'fix' that came out and hardwired the mac address to 0:z:i:b:r:i (or 00:5a:49:42:52:49). This is very bad (and dangerous obviously) since more than one iphone on the same network with the same mac address will conflict... so avoid it.

Please take a look at this first which is a fix posted by the Dev Team:

Wifi Fixer [iPhone Dev Team]

If this doesn't work then next it's quite possible that you will need to follow one of the guides to restore wifi using your original mac address. Have a look at this thread which contains some advice on how to restore wifi:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/unlocki...4-ziphone.html

Also, look for guides for revirginizing the baseband and firmware. As a very last resort you could try the following: You can apply the ziphone wifi fix using ziPhone 3.0 then use the following command to restore your original mac address (from ssh or terminal): "nvram wifiaddr=00:1F:5B:4F:F8:BB" One caveat, I haven't tested this personally but I found enough references to believe this may work. But I would suggest trying this only if everything else has failed.

Quote Originally Posted by brendank View Post
    Seem to have misunderstood 'unlock' and 'jailbreak' - have used quickpwn, thinking I would then be able to use another carrier (Orange) rather than O2 (Apple Uk's favoured cellphone carrier).

Is there currently a way of doing this via OS X?
    or might there be a method in development?...
    Assuming your phone is 2G then you have to install and run bootneuter from Cydia after using quickpwn. I would suggest instead to first use pwnagetool for the initial unlock and quickpwn for subsequent upgrades. If you have a 3G phone then there is currently no software unlock solution available.

Quote Originally Posted by compton,Tx View Post
    Why wouldn't you suggest using the original Pwnage tool? This post is for mac's and seeing as Pwnage works just as well I would recommend using Expert mode in Pwnage instead of QuickPwn or WinPwn.
    yes, yes... this is mac thread. Ok... pwnagetool for mac and winpwn for pc... How's that?
    Last edited by imode; 08-30-2008 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imode View Post
    ziPhone for 1.1.4 was famous (or infamous) for trashing wifi which is why there was a zibri wifi 'fix' that came out and hardwired the mac address to 0:z:i:b:r:i (or 00:5a:49:42:52:49). This is very bad (and dangerous obviously) since more than one iphone on the same network with the same mac address will conflict... so avoid it.

Please take a look at this first which is a fix posted by the Dev Team:

Wifi Fixer [iPhone Dev Team]

If this doesn't work then next it's quite possible that you will need to follow one of the guides to restore wifi using your original mac address. Have a look at this thread which contains some advice on how to restore wifi:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/unlocki...4-ziphone.html

Also, look for guides for revirginizing the baseband and firmware. As a very last resort you could try the following: You can apply the ziphone wifi fix using ziPhone 3.0 then use the following command to restore your original mac address (from ssh or terminal): "nvram wifiaddr=00:1F:5B:4F:F8:BB" One caveat, I haven't tested this personally but I found enough references to believe this may work. But I would suggest trying this only if everything else has failed.
    I don't know what I did wrong but the ibooter didn't work for me. I saved the files in the user/local/lib and when i clicked on ibooter i got an error msg within terminal. I'm a little iffy on using ziphone to fix the issue because it seemed half and half in the forums about its wifi 'fix'. Virginizing the baseband is the only solution I can think of so far but after using quickpwn to upgrade I've no issues with email anymore so I'm in no rush to fix the wifi issue. I'll take my time and figure it out another method eventually. Thanks for your help!

* so yes! quickpwn resolves the email permissions issue D

Thanks

Angry Please Help
    Hi
    i just upgrade my iPhone to version 2.0.2 with iTunes and i cant ulock and i try to use quickpwn and give me a error udf mode.. please help me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default USers
    software have a lot of bugs .. for PWNG 2.5 just out

1/click next and can not go back .
    2/ the USB finder not working properly
    3/ the time count down into DFU mode not working correctly even phone in DFU mode .

-------------------------------------
    for any one who have 1604 error when update to Phone 2G
    if you get 1604 after done all steps above but you will get the 1604 error
    do this following step and will work for you , don't care what previous version FWare for your IPHONE 2G .. it will works 90%

1/ erase all current jailbreak from previous FW before and put it back to recovery mode
    2/ download previous version FW 1.1.2.0 and restore on your phone(RESTORED BUT DO NOT JAILBREAK)
    3/leave it like that after restored and using the boot from recovery mode to kick off from recovery mode . and back up again put the phone into DFU mode.
    4/ using the PWNG to build the latest ver 2.02 2g
    5/ using itune latest ver 7.7.1.0 and restore the ver 2.02 just builded
    6/ i am sure 90% will work ,, i have about 20 of them has the same problem 1604 and i was using the same method above and all those work .

try it and will se what i am saying
    Last edited by ptalksoft; 08-31-2008 at 02:20 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ptalksoft View Post
    software have a lot of bugs ..

1/click next and can not go back .
    2/ the USB finder not working properly
    3/ the time count down into DFU mode not working correctly even phone in DFU mode .

for any one who have 1604 error when update to Phone 2G
    if you get 1604 after done all steps above but you will get the 1604 error
    do this following step and will work for you , don't care what previous version FWare for your IPHONE 2G .. it will works 90%

1/ erase all current jailbreak from previous FW before and put it back to recovery mode
    2/ download previous version FW 1.1.2.0 and restore on your phone(RESTORED BUT DO NOT JAILBREAK)
    3/leave it like that after restored and using the boot from recovery mode to kick off from recovery mode . and back up again put the phone into DFU mode.
    4/ using the PWNG to build the latest ver 2.02 2g
    5/ using itune latest ver 7.7.1.0 and restore the ver 2.02 just builded
    6/ i am sure 90% will work ,, i have about 20 of them has the same problem 1604 and i was using the same method above and all those work .

try it and will se what i am saying
    I did not face any of those problems using quickpwn. It was quick and easy for me. Update to 2.0.2 within itunes, then run the program and follow their instructions.

Also (correct me if I'm wrong) but I believe error 160x is related to you being in recovery mode NOT dfu mode. Make sure your screen is black, if the plug in symbol is there, you're in the wrong mode.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi,

Just a quick question (no pun intended):

I'm running 2.0.1 on iPhone 3G. I want to upgrade to 2.0.2 using QuickPwn. Will this ERASE all my Jailbreak apps, like using PwnageTool does?

Thanks.