Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: We can Haz WinPwn 2.5!

Thanks

Exclamation We can Haz WinPwn 2.5!
    All those users who were holding their breath for a complete Windows Pwnage solution can now relax!

Remember the WinPwn teasers you saw last week? After those teasers and couple of other software hitting the scene, cmw seems to have taken the case into his own hands with the new WinPwn, making it a full fledged Pwnage solution for Windows users!

This new version packs a bundle of new features - like a completely revamped wizard style interface, different mode for different users (read: Basic and Expert modes), and a DFU helper has also been added so that you don't have to find the correct way anymore. Now you can even pwn your phone on a 64-bit Vista. This all comes with a bonus auto-updater like the sparkle system for original Pwnage Tool!

There seems to be only a single rapidshare mirror in order to save the developer's bandwidth...

If you face any difficulty, you can follow our tutorial here.

P.S. Uninstall any old version before installing. Also, as this is the first beta, it may have some bugs, so use at your own risk! Oh, and post up some mirrors if you've got em. Enjoy Pwning

Rapidshare Mirror
    | MMi Member Mirror

[WinPwn]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -winpwn.jpg  
    Last edited by sayam; 08-30-2008 at 08:00 AM.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sayam For This Useful Post:

adrian2pm (08-30-2008), andybond (08-31-2008), Draxx (09-03-2008), eric416 (08-29-2008), gastonm (08-29-2008), gatorboy (08-30-2008), ipirate (09-01-2008), irishj (08-31-2008), Kili (08-30-2008), Myque (09-02-2008), NakedFaerie (08-29-2008), prettylarge2 (09-02-2008), ver_shine (11-12-2008)

yeah!!
    ALELUYA!

now I can stop from waiting because of the auto updater???

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

Well just so people no its not working on 64bit o.s. Its a great program great design! yes i uninstalled the old version i evan uninstalled quickpwn! i tried everything to get it to work! run as admin, run in win xp sp2, uninstalled. whats happening is, in every mode as soon as you get done (or right at the end) building the custom firmware the program shuts down! if you look for the custom firmware i can not find it anywhere, and if you do a search it will find a shortcut in your recents folder but when you click on it windows says it cant find it! but deff a great look! hey its beta!
    Last edited by lostwhiteboyy; 08-29-2008 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Some spelling

Cool WinPWN -- QuickPWN
    Quote Originally Posted by lostwhiteboyy View Post
    Well just so people no its not working on 64bit o.s. Its a great program great design! yes i uninstalled the old version i evan uninstalled quickpwn! i tried everything to get it to work! run as admin, run in win xp sp2, uninstalled. whats happening in every mode is as soon as you get done (or right at the end) building the custom firmware the program shuts down! if you look for the custom firmware i can not find it anywhere, and if you do a search it will find a shortcut in your recents folder but when you click on it windows says it cant find it! but deff a great look! hey its beta!
    I have windows ultimate 64-bit too and I had issues with the quickpwn but the best solution is WinPWN it is the best

i, on the other hand, had success with no issues...
    i just followed bigboss' instructions to the T

i'm on:
    - iphone 3G w/ AT&T
    - XP sp3
    - basic mode

remember the custom ipsw will be stored in "My Documents"...
    the software (nor bigboss' instructions) didn't specify it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by r1994augusto View Post
    I have windows ultimate 64-bit too and I had issues with the quickpwn but the best solution is WinPWN it is the best
    i had no problems with quickpwn! and im saying the new 2.5b winpwn is giving me problems with 64bit os!

i was just telling people that it (winpwn 2.5b) wont work with 64bit os

Thanks

is this another beta version cause it says winpwn 2.5 beta 1!!!

the dev team are getting really lazy with this now takes them so long to make the new versions and there always full of bugs...

im glad other teams are working on this now they should of kept i-liberty+

and when is installer gona be actually out i cant stand all these beta versions!!!

cydia sucks btw lol

winpwn crashes on me 3/4 of the way while creating custom ispw file...if you need some more info from my comp to help with the debug i dont mind helping if i can.

ive been waiting for so long =/ this sucks.

Thanks

Great!
    But what happened to the payload feature? I really liked that...♦

does it includes the installer and the cydia???
    Am putting the IPSW 2.0.2 on it now and i wanna know it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

csta, Cydia sucks by the way. You obviously havnt got a clue what your talking about. It is far superior than Installer was and will ever be. You need to do a bit of reading up on what you post about as what you've just said makes you sound like a noob and a dumb one at that. Installer and Rip Dev are trash and have no place in the iPhone community.

Sox for going slightly of topic it just anoys me when people spout out crap when they obviously ain't got a clue.

IphoneCrazy

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do I need to have itunes running while I am running winpwn 2.5? Also in step 10c in the basic of winpwn 2.5 it says to install the new IPSW file with itunes. Does this mean to do the SHFT-RESTORE to restore with the modded IPSW? If so, itunes would need a path for the new file that winpwn 2.5 created. Where is this file located after winpwn 2.5 created it? Lots of questions. Also I see there is no option to install Cydia or Installer???

haz anyone been able to load custom logos from the online image gallery? Nothing comes up when i open it.

@howlett on the wnpwn website it says te image galryis down due to high voumes of people visiting the ste.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothiPhone For This Useful Post:

howlett15 (08-29-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothiPhone View Post
    winpwn crashes on me 3/4 of the way while creating custom ispw file...if you need some more info from my comp to help with the debug i dont mind helping if i can.

ive been waiting for so long =/ this sucks. for real it sucks!
    there must be a problem because, I made the IPSW but when it finished on putting the CUSTOM IPSW my iPhone was LOCKED!!!!
    NO NOTHING!!

AND ABOUT MY PREVIOUS POST ON THIS THREAD, I WAS WRONG, I know they suck!
    AND ALSO I KNOW MY GRAMMAR SUCKS!!!

I've gotten the quickpwn button on this application to i guess pwn/jailbreak?? The phone still isnt unlocked though... I get no signal bars with my tmobile sim card
    Last edited by SmoothiPhone; 08-29-2008 at 05:39 PM.

Thanks

Okay over at bigboss web site a guy named benjo! said for 32 bit windows try making root 700 (in Expert mode) for winpwn 2.5b to work! so i tried it with my 64 bit os and it WORKED! CONFIRMED no crashes went through the hole process!
    Last edited by lostwhiteboyy; 08-29-2008 at 05:48 PM.

is this for fw 2.0.2?
    Blah Blah and Blah

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothiPhone View Post
    I've gotten the quickpwn button on this application to i guess pwn/jailbreak?? The phone still isnt unlocked though... I get no signal bars with my tmobile sim card
    I used and it sucks tooo It didn't worked so i used QUICKPWN 150GUI on my other pc to unlock it and it worked out!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast