+ Reply
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: We can Haz WinPwn 2.5!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hey guys I download 2.5 from both rapidshare & MMI, I have Vista...set up worked fine, opened the program and it will hi lite the ipod touch and 2G, but
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey guys I download 2.5 from both rapidshare & MMI, I have Vista...set up worked fine, opened the program and it will hi lite the ipod touch and 2G, but have to move the cursor way over to the right of the 3G to select, then all the rest of the screens are like cut off to the right, so I cant choose the thumbs up or down. Any idea's? All my prev versions have been deleted.

Thanks..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Hi,
    I have an 1st gen iphone with 2.0.2 and i jailbroke it with quickpwn....everything is working great...My question is can i use winpwn 2.5 to change just the bootlogos to my custom ones i have and not have to install a customer firmware?....Thank You
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I perform all steps and all goes well... until the last one.
    WinPwn 2.5 says "Congratulations! You have successfully entered DFU mode. Please wait while your iPhone/iPod is being prepared to accept custom IPSWs" and then... nothing...
    It just stays like that forever.
    It never gets to "Please use iTunes to restore your iPhone/iPod with a custom IPSW now. You may now let go of the home button. You can now restore the iPhone in iTunes with shift-restore and the custom firmware."

What is wrong?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After I get the " You can now restore the iPhone in iTunes with shift-restore and the custom firmware."...I try to restore using the custom firmware, and get ERROR 1415

What's wrong?

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey guys my friend has an iphone 3g v 2.0.2 that he upgrade from itunes.. would i be able to quick pwn it using the new quick pwn 2.5??

im doing this for a friend..

please some answer me.. im at work and cant read all the post... thanks please answer!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    Set up as a new phone, and just make sure it syncs with your contacts folder.. You will lose settings and app store and 3rd party apps, but your contacts will port back over. Next time you go to pwn a phone read about using Open SSH and store your files accordingly.

Using backup restore is too unstable, and can be very "buggy" Again to save a lengthy post research using Open SSH and storing files for future updates
    Thank you for the advice. I did it and it's working fine now.
    Be good... Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is anybody having trouble with getting the new mail sound with 2.0.2. I'm using the original sound and I don't hear it when I get new mail.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy pls help me
    pls help me why still i cant pawn my iphone 3g which has a firmware 2.0.1!!!!! I already download everything that is included in ur tutorial..i just want to have cydia or installer so that i can have a theme and applications without going to itunes store...pls help me

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dandahkoh05 View Post
    pls help me why still i cant pawn my iphone 3g which has a firmware 2.0.1!!!!! I already download everything that is included in ur tutorial..i just want to have cydia or installer so that i can have a theme and applications without going to itunes store...pls help me
    Ok well first if you are using WinPwn 2.5 or later (there is an update I believe) , when you open the App make sure "Expert Mode" is selected. Also make sure you have the correct firmware (3G specific) Next, when it asks you if you want to resize your partition, change it to 700MB or greater. Make sure you arent checking activation or youtube activation. All you need is the partition changed and cydia/installer.

Ok so it builds the firmware on and on. Then it gets to the point where it asks you if your phone is off and plugged in.
    At this point might I recommend putting your phone into Hard DFU, instead of doing it their way, I was successful using the Hard DFU as opposed to their's.
    "Hard DFU"
    Phone plugged in, power on and On home screen.
    Hold Power and Home for about 8 secs. ( 1 sec. after screen goes black)
    Release Power still holding home for about 18 seconds (pc chimes recognizing phone)
    Release Home.

Then continue the process in WinPwn 2.5

This is just some quick fixes for general issues. You really need to post more info so anyone can help. Oh and in iTunes make sure you are selecting the custom firmware you created not the factory firmware.

Have you tried using the Quickpwn GUI? Since you only need a jailbreak, might try that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by m600i View Post
    Is anybody having trouble with getting the new mail sound with 2.0.2. I'm using the original sound and I don't hear it when I get new mail.

Ive been having issues using custom sounds all together. Not a huge deal, but I really dig the Lock and Unlock sound from Metal Gear Solid. Ive tried several different filesets but to no avail. Just goes silent, so I just revert to backup. Ill update If I find a fix or why this is happening.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 09-03-2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default NoThumbs
    My WinPwn 2.5beta has no selection thumbs. Has anyone seen this before?
    Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it didnt help.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    works like a charm. thanks.
    1st Gen iPhone 2.0 - Jailbroken and Unlocked on T-Mobile

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xit2050 View Post
    I perform all steps and all goes well... until the last one.
    WinPwn 2.5 says "Congratulations! You have successfully entered DFU mode. Please wait while your iPhone/iPod is being prepared to accept custom IPSWs" and then... nothing...
    It just stays like that forever.
    It never gets to "Please use iTunes to restore your iPhone/iPod with a custom IPSW now. You may now let go of the home button. You can now restore the iPhone in iTunes with shift-restore and the custom firmware."

What is wrong?
    Please????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I get to the step where its making a custom ipsw then i get this message:

ERROR: could not load file or assembly 'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.85.4.369, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Application will close.

Can someone please explain what the hell this is supposed to mean?

1.1.3 jailbroken unlocked 2 gen iPhone, windows XP

Green Apple
    Thanks

All I'm trying to do is Jailbreak my iPhone 3G with 2.0.2. I took the time to download all the files needed.. then ran WinPwn 2.5.. It opens up and first of all the application screen is small and cannot be enlarged. I cannot even click on iPhone 3G unless I scroll to the right of it.. that's when it lights up and I am able to click.. Next screen is also not aligned correctly.. Either way I click on 2.0.2.. Only like 1/3rd of that icon can actually be seen on the application's screen. NEXT.. Use default carrier (ATT)?.. THERE IS NO THUMBS UP OR THUMBS DOWN ICON... It's like the app screen isn't big enough to show everything... I can't go any further.. Has this happened to anybody?

It said new version is available.. I upgrade.. and still same thing happens..

Any ideas?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krino1 View Post
    All I'm trying to do is Jailbreak my iPhone 3G with 2.0.2. I took the time to download all the files needed.. then ran WinPwn 2.5.. It opens up and first of all the application screen is small and cannot be enlarged. I cannot even click on iPhone 3G unless I scroll to the right of it.. that's when it lights up and I am able to click.. Next screen is also not aligned correctly.. Either way I click on 2.0.2.. Only like 1/3rd of that icon can actually be seen on the application's screen. NEXT.. Use default carrier (ATT)?.. THERE IS NO THUMBS UP OR THUMBS DOWN ICON... It's like the app screen isn't big enough to show everything... I can't go any further.. Has this happened to anybody?

It said new version is available.. I upgrade.. and still same thing happens..

Any ideas?
    At this point I'd be checking my computer settings including resolution. It seems to be a PC issue not winpwn.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I already tried that.. I put the resolution all the way down and its still the same effect, except, not as clear (sure u could've completed that sentence .

This is the only application that does this..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi please i need help , i did every step perfectly , it said please reboot with custom firmware with itunes , i did that succesfully but know it says insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate phone. When i put my simcard in , nothing happens. ( I rebooted the phone with the simcard in from the first place) Please tell me a way to activate this phone thank you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jelenak9 View Post
    I get to the step where its making a custom ipsw then i get this message:

ERROR: could not load file or assembly 'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.85.4.369, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Application will close.

Can someone please explain what the hell this is supposed to mean?

1.1.3 jailbroken unlocked 2 gen iPhone, windows XP
    please help someone....its still not working!

Green Apple
    Thanks

is it worth it???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I followed all the steps but I have no service? What should I do now? Thanks.